Eagles claim Cortez!

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
What was France's record with the Egirls? What I saw of him he looked pretty good up there. He reportedly had a good preseason with Tampa but lost out in a close contest.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Sportstalk WIP confirmed the Rumor. I was trying to find a link, but this just happened. I didn't want people to think I was speading a false rumore. :iggles: :trophy: :suxiggle: :disseags:

TheHustler

Reaction score
Nors said:
he probably stole our playbook.....

I can think of no other reason to sign him.

Hm. Do kickers really get the offensive/defensive playbooks? I hope not....

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
France had made 6/7 attempts, with his only miss being a block. But he also hadn't even attempted a kick over 45 yards, and his kickoff return net yardage was horrible. He must have a noodle leg.

I wish McBriar could learn how to kickoff.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
France had made 6/7 attempts, with his only miss being a block. But he also hadn't even attempted a kick over 45 yards, and his kickoff return net yardage was horrible. He must have a noodle leg.

I wish McBriar could learn how to kickoff.
Not happening with Parcells here. The concept does not fit into his narrow view and was likely one of the things that he and Hoffman butted heads over.

TheHustler

Reaction score
This is puzzling.

France was 6 for 7 on the year, the one he missed was a blocked kick vs KC.

vs KC
40 FG blocked
44 yard FG successful
37 yard FG successful
26 yard FG successful

vs Dal
23 yard FG successful

vs SD
23 yard FG successful
40 yard FG successful

5 for 5 on PATs.

It's a no brainer, we should bring this guy in.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Not happening with Parcells here. The concept does not fit into his narrow view and was likely one of the things that he and Hoffman butted heads over.

LMAO. Oh good, I thought we were going to go a thread without a hilariously misconceived Bill Parcells conspiracy theory.
:laugh2:

joseephuss

Reaction score
Billy Cundiff 2004
Kick Off Distance Average

61.7 yards
Return Yard Average
Difference
Average start line
20.8 yard line

Jose Cortez 2005

65.5 yards
Return Yard Average
Difference
Average start line
21.2 yard line

Todd France 2005

60.6 yards
Return Yard Average
Difference
Average start line
29.5 yard line

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Didn't we work out Suisman and France at the same time and chose Suisman?. France's block against KC was partially caused by a bad snap, I have seen all the Eagles games and his kicks looked good to me. If Ackers still isn't quite ready this week woundn't it be great if Cortez misses a chip shot and the Eagles lose!. More likely in the thin air in Denver he hits a 53 yard with no time left. :iggles: :trophy: :suxiggle: :disseags:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Great news! Hope he is with them for the Mon nite game........he alone will ensure we sweep the beagles........unless he starts praying again and hits all four attempts vs us ......Lord forbid that please!

TheHustler

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Billy Cundiff 2004

61.7 yards
Return Yard Average
Difference
Average start line
20.8 yard line

Jose Cortez 2005

65.5 yards
Return Yard Average
Difference
Average start line
21.2 yard line

Todd France 2005

60.6 yards
Return Yard Average
Difference
Average start line
29.5 yard line

Good info. His kickoffs are only marginally worse than Billy's. I really think we should bring this guy in.

The biggest difference in return yard average is likely a result of coverage units...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
JackMagist said:

Huh? If McBriar could kick off well and it didn't hurt his punting he would be doing it. You act like BP is stupid and refuses to do things that would help the team.

Good take on an excellent coach - keep them coming.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Good info. His kickoffs are only marginally worse than Billy's. I really think we should bring this guy in.

The biggest difference in return yard average is likely a result of coverage units...
A look at Ackers kickoff stats would be interesting and pertenant at this point.

joseephuss

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
A look at Ackers kickoff stats would be interesting and pertenant at this point.

David Akers 2005

64.0 yards
Return Yard Average
Difference
Average start line
22 yard line