Eagles could cut Michael Bennett

cern

Reaction score
He's involved in charities involving children. Being outspoken doesn't make him a bad person. Same for Marty.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Eagles now $27 million under the cap. They may release Peters to get to $40 million under. Wonder if Beasley gets signed by them.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's involved in charities involving children. Being outspoken doesn't make him a bad person. Same for Marty.

Michael Bennett is different than Marty - Marty is more of a goofball than Michael. Michael is an angry dude, has a legal battle going on right now, and attracted negative media attention while in Seattle.

We don't have the coaching staff to control him, and the Dallas media would be pushing for soundbites after every practice and game. He's going to the right place.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They are looking to trade him and if they can't, they may end up cutting him.

I'd kick the tires. I am obsessed with having high level DE play. Bennett can still play as evidenced by his performance in Philly's heavy DE rotation defense last year. We also have a clear need at DE opposite Lawrence. He might even be a bit of insurance if we move Lawrence or he sits out over the tag. He's worked with Richard in Seattle.

But he's a pain in the ***. He also reportedly wants one more big contract and at his age, that seems like a risk. There are also rumors that he still has some legal issues that no doubt would come to the forefront if he signed in Dallas.
You can have all the edge in the league. But if you don't have that big ugly nose tackle. The guy that can push the center back into the quarterback's face so he can't Step Up your Edge rushers will never get there that's the problem for our last three seasons. We need that big ugly defensive tackle

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pass. I hate looking at him playing in those damn youth league football shoulder pads...

The game is attempting to be safe yet allowing his shoulders to be uncovered while fighting in the trenches
Do you really think a guy's shoulder pads has something to do with the talent of his play

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I'd kick the tires. I am obsessed with having high level DE play. Bennett can still play as evidenced by his performance in Philly's heavy DE rotation defense last year. We also have a clear need at DE opposite Lawrence. He might even be a bit of insurance if we move Lawrence or he sits out over the tag. He's worked with Richard in Seattle.

But he's a pain in the ***. He also reportedly wants one more big contract and at his age, that seems like a risk. There are also rumors that he still has some legal issues that no doubt would come to the forefront if he signed in Dallas.
His brother hates us.

Doubt he would play here.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Michael Bennett has publicly stated the one team he would never play for is the Cowboys, mainly because he opposes Jerry Jones, so that would seem to be the nip in the bud to this whole idea.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Pass. I hate looking at him playing in those damn youth league football shoulder pads...

The game is attempting to be safe yet allowing his shoulders to be uncovered while fighting in the trenches

LLLOOLLL, how does he and Frank Gore (socks) not get them fined by the league.

Etchyboy

Reaction score
NO thank you! He just looks silly wearing those tiny shoulder pads.

Honey I shrunk the shoulder pads!

Creeper

Reaction score
The Eagles have major salary cap problems. But what ever happened to that case where Bennett was accused of pushing some old lady? Seems to me that story disappeared and he was let off the hook with no punishment.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Eagles now $27 million under the cap. They may release Peters to get to $40 million under. Wonder if Beasley gets signed by them.
But they have lost Foles, Jernigan, MBennett and probably GTate, Agholor, Sproles, Ajayi and maybe Peters