Eagles Don't Win Games. They Survive Games

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Heck, how lucky was that WC NYG team? I mean, everything bounced their way including a helmet catch in the SB.
LOL maybe they are practicing winning last-minute games after losing the Super Bowl in a last-minute game.

Cmac

Reaction score
That's what good teams do, find ways to survive. But I will add, sometimes the Football Gods say enough of the breaks going your way, at the most unexpected or inopportune time.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I've always said a sign of a very good team or player is when they don't play well but still win. The problem in Dallas is when they don't play well they get blown out.

lopey

Reaction score
Are we still doing this. Philly and is good. Not dominant but they know how to win close games. Cowboys implode

TheFinisher

Reaction score
They are halfway into a murderous row of games. I would have said out of 6 games the best I can see for them would be 3 wins. I still say that but it looks a lot brighter for them. Think about that schedule. What would our record be if we played it?

The first game they beat us, then Kansas City, and Buffalo. Now they have San Francisco, us and Seattle left. They have way over performed my predictions. They have beaten 3 of the 4 best teams in football. Most teams don't even get to play that many. I don't know how they do it. They haven't looked good to me all year. Their coordinators are complete rubbish that cost them 1 game, and almost cost them another half-dozen.

I would bet they would lose the next 2 games, but I thought they would lose against the bills, Kansas City, or maybe us, and it cost me.
They didn’t outplay Dallas, KC or Buffalo though. They are riding high on improbable fortune and luck, not quality play, and that runs out eventually. Just ask the 2022 Vikings or the 2020 Steelers.

Like I said, to get through the NFC they will have to go through Dallas and/or SF. Both these teams are peaking. Let us see how they stack up over the next 2 weeks. If they are the team to beat they’ll have the stage to show it.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
They didn’t outplay Dallas, KC or Buffalo though. They are riding high on improbable fortune and luck, not quality play, and that runs out eventually. Just ask the 2022 Vikings or the 2020 Steelers.

Like I said, to get through the NFC they will have to go through Dallas and/or SF. Both these teams are peaking. Let us see how they stack up over the next 2 weeks. If they are the team to beat they’ll have the stage to show it.
Like every team the Eagles must prove themselves in the playoffs. San Francisco is the best team in the NFC and likely is headed to the Super Bowl. The last four teams the Eagles have played have all out gained them by over 100 yards. They are not playing as well as the 49ers or the Cowboys right now. Like every playoff team, it’s how you play in the playoffs that matters.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
All due respect, they are irrefutably one of the NFL's best teams. They almost never win a game impressively, and the one game they lost was to, of all teams, the Jets. But they win. And that's what counts in the standings.

But what their failure to win impressively affirms is that this is a team that performs with an exceptionally high floor level, and yet, also performs with an exceptionally low ceiling. And, too, what their failure to win impressively suggests... suggests (none of this abides by laws of physics)... is a team that has been so smiled upon by lady luck that a regression to the mean is very likely before this season concludes.

And if that happens... for how long will that trend reversal continue.

Relative to our Cowboys, I believe the evidence supports the conclusion that our team is more capable of playing at a high level than PHI... but their team is more capable of avoiding significant let-downs.
The Eagles are a more discipline team than the Cowboys are. They don't beat themselves with stupid penalties and when there is a bigtime play to be made on defense that is going to affect the outcome of their games, they come through with flying colors. This can't be said about the Boys..........

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Alright ....... keep telling yourselves that if it make you feel better ...... they went to the Superbowl last year and have the best record in the league this one.

To be the man ...... you gotta beat the man.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Get out in front of them and don’t make mistakes. I watched bills blow it with yet another int by allen. And it’s at a critical time. How does he not get hammered in the media. Maybe Bland gets a couple of pick 6. Lol. Why the bills did not just run the ball is crazy. Or just dump off or high % short passes. How did they get the lead. But they gave it away real quick.

We have the Defense to stop them. We have the Offense to get out on them. We had a chance last game. Had a lead and the ball. And we made mistakes. We got penalties. Again. Some ticky tack and some dumb mistakes. We a squeeze the pocket and don’t let hurts run as much. Tackle and get a turn over. Easier said than done. But that last play sticks in my craw. He was tackled before he even had the ball. Was an easy TD. And they threw no flag but called it a TD. So we all said forget the flag. Then the review. Which showed him getting tackled way early. Grr.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score

10 out 11 possible wins is a heck of a lucky streak. I'm going to guess they outplayed the Jets, and lost.

nobody

Reaction score
The Eagles didn't beat the Cowboys. The Cowboys beat the Cowboys. The Eagles survived the Cowboys. That being said, the Eagles -are- better than the Cowboys about winning when they aren't playing as good. They step up more. The Cowboys haven't yet. One thing start to go wrong with the Cowboys in a game, it often snowballs. That's a sign of something wrong with the culture.

Make no mistake though, the rematch will show the Cowboys trouncing the Eagles.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Heck, how lucky was that WC NYG team? I mean, everything bounced their way including a helmet catch in the SB.
Where did agreement teams need a little good luck versus all the snake bitten bad luck the Cowboys seem to have gotten I know some of it's self-inflicted but seriously we can all see it whether you're superstitious or not you need some luck along the way you need some bounces..for sure you need the Refs to be on your side occasionally because most of the time they are not...

sarge1116

Reaction score
Like every team the Eagles must prove themselves in the playoffs. San Francisco is the best team in the NFC and likely is headed to the Super Bowl. The last four teams the Eagles have played have all out gained them by over 100 yards. They are not playing as well as the 49ers or the Cowboys right now. Like every playoff team, it’s how you play in the playoffs that matters.
I'd rather have a team that is Battle tested in the playoffs than a team that blows outs teams and when it matters in close games, can't come through. Chances are playoff games will be close games ,not blowouts. Eagles are battle tested ,and honesty are we really comparing the vikings to the eagles????

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
As I said last week. Philly doesn’t make mistakes. The same crucial ones we made at the end when we played them, they avoid. They can be beat, but it will take the others team best game. They just plod along and avoid making mistakes and eventually come back.
They make mistakes… They just usually overcome them …

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
They are 3-1-7

3 wins
1 loss
7 survives
A survive is often more impressive than a win. Be honest, what would our record be going through the Dolphins to bills gauntlet they just had. I don’t think we would be undefeated.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, it's funny how the Eagles are being praised nationally for winning close games against the same teams the Cowboys are blowing out.

Yet the narrative remains "Philly is clutch" while "Dallas only beats bad teams". Yes, we have that Arizona game. But the Eagles also have the Jets game and they could have lost against the Patriots and the Commanders twice. And against the Dolphins and Chiefs, those teams self-destructed. And don't even get me started about the Bills game. The officials in that game should never be allowed to call another pro football game ever again. Disgraceful.

CCBoy

Reaction score

The Eagle's DC came from Seattle and the last two seasons there, his defense was abused. Dan Quinn was there when the unit was great.

It wasn’t that long ago that the Seahawks were synonymous with the best defense in the NFL. The Legion of Boom, as it was called, struck fear into every quarterback they met. Over the last three years, though, the Cowboys have enjoyed a similar deal with Dan Quinn, the man who once coordinated those Legion of Boom defenses, running the show.

Desai, now the defensive coordinator for the Eagles, was a longtime Vic Fangio disciple throughout his career while Scott had just finished up his first season with the Vikings under Mike Zimmer. Prior to that, Scott coached under Nick Saban at Alabama. The common thread between Desai and Scott was a wealth of knowledge in the two-deep safety coverage schemes that have taken the league by storm.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...wks-defensive-scheme-clint-hurtt-bobby-wagner