Eagles Don't Win Games. They Survive Games

cowboys1732

Reaction score
Let them be crowned season paper champions. Screw the Eagles and the 49ers as well. Although it would be stupid of me not to want the 49ers to beat the Eagles this weekend. Can’t I just wish for a tie…

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Let them be crowned season paper champions. Screw the Eagles and the 49ers as well. Although it would be stupid of me not to want the 49ers to beat the Eagles this weekend. Can’t I just wish for a tie…
no a tie worked for the Bills game this game philthy needs to lose.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I'm telling you they kinda remind me of the 2022 Vikings, out gained almost a -point diference and still win. It didn't carry over in the playoffs.
2010 Falcons were another team. They had a lot of last minute drives to win games. Relied on fast 1st qtr starts, struggle to score in 2nd and 3rd qtr and then do just enough to win in the 4th.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
2010 Falcons were another team. They had a lot of last minute drives to win games. Relied on fast 1st qtr starts, struggle to score in 2nd and 3rd qtr and then do just enough to win in the 4th.
Scoring by quarter

Dallas 1st- 8.0. 2nd- 11.54. 3rd- 3.55. 4th- 8.55
Philly. 1st- 6.3. 2nd- 6.18. 3rd- 7.18. 4th- 7.74

mattwill

Reaction score
I see it a little differently. Philly makes mistakes. But fortunately for them, the opponents have routinely had unforced errors that kept PHI from paying the ultimate price for their mistakes.

And. I should add.

When you're barely defeating opponents, by definition, that means the tipping point plays for wins and losses are all the more significant to the outcome... and for PHI, the fact that the opponent never matches their same capacity for converting short yardage downs is the most obvious factor.
Well said. The question that everyone has to answer is whether the 2023 Eagles are the second coming of the 2022 Vikings. The Playoffs proved to be the great leveler for that Vikings team. Time will tell for this Eagles team.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
All due respect, they are irrefutably one of the NFL's best teams. They almost never win a game impressively, and the one game they lost was to, of all teams, the Jets. But they win. And that's what counts in the standings.

But what their failure to win impressively affirms is that this is a team that performs with an exceptionally high floor level, and yet, also performs with an exceptionally low ceiling. And, too, what their failure to win impressively suggests... suggests (none of this abides by laws of physics)... is a team that has been so smiled upon by lady luck that a regression to the mean is very likely before this season concludes.

And if that happens... for how long will that trend reversal continue.

Relative to our Cowboys, I believe the evidence supports the conclusion that our team is more capable of playing at a high level than PHI... but their team is more capable of avoiding significant let-downs.
They've beat the chiefs, bills, cowboys, dolphins, and Vikings. There's not a team in the league with a more impressive resume.

The best team the cowboys have beat is the the rams.

Their record with Jalen hurts in the lineup over the last 2.5 seasons is unmatched. They are the best team in football. They are beatable, but they seem to always rise to the occasion when the game is on the line.

The superbowl loss to the chiefs could have gone either way. I still say the eagles are the better team.

If they beat the niners next week, they will be the overwhelming Superbowl favorites.

J12B

Reaction score
As I said last week. Philly doesn’t make mistakes. The same crucial ones we made at the end when we played them, they avoid. They can be beat, but it will take the others team best game. They just plod along and avoid making mistakes and eventually come back.
I think they had 3 turnovers yesterday. Definitely 2.

And honestly, the refs are way more relaxed on calling penalties against them.

pasando

Reaction score
The Eagles are a combination of both good and lucky which is a bad combination for the opponent that they are playing against....

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
They get every little bounce and break imaginable. How many times did they fumble against us?

You have to think their luck will run out at some point. Of course some think you make your own luck. However you think, it’s undeniable that they have been very fortunate.

Good football team, nonetheless.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Hurts is just that dude, no other way to describe it, but the players all talk about it. He just has a will to do whatever is necessary to win and the team seems to follow. That said they’ve caught some breaks and stolen a couple of wins, but good teams that stick around in games do that. They definitely have holes (offensive playcalling, and pass D) but they make good adjustments and they make big plays with the game on the line.
RE: Officiating it’s terrible league wide. Guys are too big and too fast with too many things to look for, and stuff get’s missed, In close games, which the Eagles have.played a ton of, calls like that get magnified. The second part of every bad call is taking advantage of it. Good teams take advantage of bad calls that go their way and cover up ones that go against them. So far the Birds have done that. The next two weeks will be a huge challenge and they need to clean up a ton but win or lose I expect two close, playoff atmosphere games that help both teams involved, barring injury.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
For the last 2 years , there schedule seems to be very forgiving.
I thought the better your record the previousseason, the harder your schedule is supposed to be ?
Because they came in first in their division they drew three division winners from last season. The cowboys came in second and drew three second place teams from the same division. Eagles got the Chiefs, Cowboys the Chargers. Eagles got the Vikes and Bucs, Cowboys the Lions and Panthers.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Hurts is just that dude, no other way to describe it, but the players all talk about it. He just has a will to do whatever is necessary to win and the team seems to follow. That said they’ve caught some breaks and stolen a couple of wins, but good teams that stick around in games do that. They definitely have holes (offensive playcalling, and pass D) but they make good adjustments and they make big plays with the game on the line.
RE: Officiating it’s terrible league wide. Guys are too big and too fast with too many things to look for, and stuff get’s missed, In close games, which the Eagles have.played a ton of, calls like that get magnified. The second part of every bad call is taking advantage of it. Good teams take advantage of bad calls that go their way and cover up ones that go against them. So far the Birds have done that. The next two weeks will be a huge challenge and they need to clean up a ton but win or lose I expect two close, playoff atmosphere games that help both teams involved, barring injury.
Why are you here??? No one invited a freakin Eagle fan here.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well said. The question that everyone has to answer is whether the 2023 Eagles are the second coming of the 2022 Vikings. The Playoffs proved to be the great leveler for that Vikings team. Time will tell for this Eagles team.
they now believe they can win any game. being down 10. driving for a tie and then in over time. they have been winning this way for a while and its becoming part of their DNA. they don't make mistakes when it counts.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Why is it that NO ONE will state the obvious, REFEREES I am by no means an Allen or Buffalo fan, but the horse collar on Josh Allen was right in front the ref. Should 've been 1st and Goal

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The Eagles basically won their last two games on a mountain of opponent drops. One-score variance eventually swings the other way.

nobody

Reaction score
The Eagles are going to win the Division simply because Dallas failed to take care of business at the time... they (the Eagles) will get beaten in either the divisional or NFC Championship round. If they face the Cowboys in the divisional, it's an Eagles loss if the Cowboys actually show up wanting to play. If the Cowboys screw up against the Falcons (the current projected opponent and I find it highly unlikely the Cowboys screw this game up), the hated Eagles will advance to the NFC Championship and get handled by those just as hated 49ers. Most likely we'll see a Cowboys-49ers NFC championship if things stay like they are (and unfortunately likely the despised 49ers in the SB).