Eagles Don't Win Games. They Survive Games

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Let’s see what happens over the next 2 weeks.

SF and Dallas are both hitting their stride. If Philly is really the team to beat in the NFC they will have a chance to prove it.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
As much as I agree with most of your statements you forgot one thing they are making mistakes fumbles interceptions I mean they do make mistakes for some reason they don't get called out on it they're the least penalized team in the league and why is up for debate I don't wanna claim conspiracy theories but they're not getting called for some obvious things and I would just call that a lot of luck you're saying they don't make mistakes oh somehow they do because they're down at a lot of these games they're making fourth quarter comebacks and overtime stuff that's aided by some non calls or some calls or a lucky bounce or two

but as much as I hate the Eagles they are who they are they're ten and one they're best team in the league until their record says otherwise and now after that last two games where they just had every bounce go their way hell all the way back to our game they're in the driver seat we're not catching them in the division hell we could probably win out and still not catch them they're not losing 3 games this year not on purpose they may throw away the last game or two to get ready for the playoffs but it's over for us it is what it is but you're saying they don't make critical mistakes they throw interceptions or even fumble hell they didn't call that catch a fumble like they called it incomplete I don't know in our game that's probably a fumble because that's just the way the refs see us

rant over lol!!!
They aren't the least penalized team.

They're the 15th most penalized team over last 10 years. We're the 14th most.

Dallas and Philly are equally penalized over last 10 years. What you're saying just isn't true.

Don't just make stuff up.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Philly has been eeking out wins lately...but look who they played:

Miami (when they were the hottest team in the league)

Dallas

Kansas City at Arrowhead

Buffalo

Win. Win. Win. Win.

We've played literally the worst teams in the league over that stretch. The only team we played in that caliber (philly) we lost.

Instead of poo pooing another team for going undefeated through that gauntlet of elite NFL Teams (certainly tougher than any playoff stretch including SuperBowl I could think of a team facing in recent history) we should be wondering how WE would have fared through that stretch. I think everyone in here would gladly take four 3 to 7 point wins

TheFinisher

Reaction score
They aren't the least penalized team.

They're the 15th most penalized team over last 10 years. We're the 14th most.

Dallas and Philly are equally penalized over last 10 years. What you're saying just isn't true.

Don't just make stuff up.
Dallas has been the most penalized team in the league over the past 3 seasons.

Eagles are the 5th least penalized team over the same time frame.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/which-nfl-team-has-the-most-penalties-since-2021

mcmvp

Reaction score

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/which-nfl-team-has-the-most-penalties-since-2021
I remember a time when the least penalized teams were the ones that were coached well. And the teams that had more than they should, well, they weren’t coached as well as they should have been.

I don’t remember when the memo was sent out that said teams should be allocated with an equal amount of penalties in each game.

Penalties get missed sometimes…and sometimes they are called when they shouldn’t be. That’s always been life in the NFL…and it always will be.

It will always be my opinion that those that consume themselves with the fairness of officiating, are doing nothing more than making excuses and living in denial

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

If you cherry pick small groups of seasons you can make a conspiracy theory about every team in the league. When you look at larger spans of times....it's obvious that the calls really even out over all 32 teams...and every team ebbs and flows over time. Over ten years ...or longer....the MOST penalized team, and the LEAST penalized team...are really close in total penalties.

I doubt anyone was complaining in here when we went through a stretch 6 to 8 years ago when we had 2 or 3 seasons in a row where we were at the bottom of the league in penalties.

It just happens.

meddleroidz

Reaction score
They always manage to do just enough. This is starting to feel too much like 17 where everything breaks their way.
we had better defence in 2018, I think the eagles win a sb in 2018 if foles didnt throw a dumb INT at the end like brady did on the giants.

meddleroidz

Reaction score
Eagles lost Goedert for weeks, and played a gauntlet, not easy, they just need to split with 49/ers dallas. i think we lose to 49ers and somehow win at dallas.

mattwill

Reaction score
They make mistakes. They are just never called lol. Kinda easy to play mistake free football when you dont have to worry about pesky things like holding, pass interference, or personal fouls.
You are looking at refereeing through the lens of a fan. Human beings are much more emotionally attached to anything that is take away from us.

For example,
-- If you are presented with two $1.00 bills, one of which is given to you and the other is retained by the giver.
-- When presented with the option of (1) not being given the second $1.00 bill and (2) giving back the $1.00 bill you already have,
-- More than 9 times out of 10 the dollar the person already have is valued much higher by them than the dollar they are not being given.
-- Een though both $1.00 bills have exactly the same value.

Fans worry about what the refs take away from them much, much more than what the refs give to them. Holding is a fact of life in almost 100% of the trench wars between the Offensive protection and the Defensive pass rush. If the refs called a penalty on every holding incident the game would be a disaster There is a huge amount of judgment is what is seen and not seen, and even with the benefit of replay video you end up with "official" statements like the one below, that a huge proportion of NFL fandom does not believe is true. The headline and the two pictures are in direct contradiction of one another.

https://atozsports.com/buffalo/bill...athetic-josh-allen-story-that-makes-no-sense/
https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/...23/11/USATSI_21978835.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
https://static.tnn.in/thumb/msid-10...h-1280,height-720,resizemode-75/105521217.jpg

mattwill

Reaction score
One-score luck is one-score luck is one-score luck.

It will turn eventually, just a question of whether it's this year or not.

You can only get lucky from opponents dropping TD passes for so long.
Agreed 100%

Just ask the 2022 Minnesota Vikings.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They make mistakes. They are just never called lol. Kinda easy to play mistake free football when you dont have to worry about pesky things like holding, pass interference, or personal fouls.
28 years of next to nothing has turned a lot of this fan base into conspiracy theorists and cry babies. There's always an excuse. :rolleyes:

diamonddelts

Reaction score
All due respect, they are irrefutably one of the NFL's best teams. They almost never win a game impressively, and the one game they lost was to, of all teams, the Jets. But they win. And that's what counts in the standings.

But what their failure to win impressively affirms is that this is a team that performs with an exceptionally high floor level, and yet, also performs with an exceptionally low ceiling. And, too, what their failure to win impressively suggests... suggests (none of this abides by laws of physics)... is a team that has been so smiled upon by lady luck that a regression to the mean is very likely before this season concludes.

And if that happens... for how long will that trend reversal continue.

Relative to our Cowboys, I believe the evidence supports the conclusion that our team is more capable of playing at a high level than PHI... but their team is more capable of avoiding significant let-downs.
The Cowboys should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as Phi and San Fran. Those two teams respond to adversity. Dallas bows down and folds like a cheap tent to anyone who punches back.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Those two teams respond to adversity.
Have to give those two teams their props, no argument. Of the two, SF is a full tier more impressive. I believe that will be borne out in a big way this Sunday.

Dallas bows down and folds like a cheap tent to anyone who punches back.
That happened in SF.

It did not happen in PHI. That was a game, and again, one that stands as evidence like so many others that PHI has been fortunate.

Anyone can be hyper critical and cynical. It takes a little more effort to take both the good and the bad into account.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Why are you here??? No one invited a freakin Eagle fan here.
To discuss football. Adults are able to actually have discussions with people they may not agree with.
Children scream troll and attack when they are incapable of offering anything to a discussion.
Seems obvious which one you are.

GMO415

Reaction score
most of the time I'd be on your side but the fact is we see them again soon and it's worth talking about because they literally have so much luck things keep bouncing their way and now the division is pretty much theirs we could literally win out and still lose the division... So I don't like talking about the Eagles or anybody else besides the Cowboys in here but in this case it's hard not to talk about right now I've never seen a team of destiny get so much luck in every bounce in the lack of bad calls by the refs etc

so again, I agree I I hate to talk about the Eagles but in this case it's almost inevitable that we need to talk about it.. These last two games for them with the luck and the last second wins it put it pretty much put us out of the division race, so yeah we're talking about us via the Eagles.
Heck, how lucky was that WC NYG team? I mean, everything bounced their way including a helmet catch in the SB.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Let’s see what happens over the next 2 weeks.

SF and Dallas are both hitting their stride. If Philly is really the team to beat in the NFC they will have a chance to prove it.
They are halfway into a murderous row of games. I would have said out of 6 games the best I can see for them would be 3 wins. I still say that but it looks a lot brighter for them. Think about that schedule. What would our record be if we played it?

The first game they beat us, then Kansas City, and Buffalo. Now they have San Francisco, us and Seattle left. They have way over performed my predictions. They have beaten 3 of the 4 best teams in football. Most teams don't even get to play that many. I don't know how they do it. They haven't looked good to me all year. Their coordinators are complete rubbish that cost them 1 game, and almost cost them another half-dozen.

I would bet they would lose the next 2 games, but I thought they would lose against the bills, Kansas City, or maybe us, and it cost me.