Eagles DT Fletcher Cox retires

Hadenough

Reaction score
Cox retiring and center Kelce retiring hmmm. Something is floating around that locker room and players have had enough. Both of those guys can still play. Eagles are also shopping other defensive players.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That is interesting though. The timing of both guys retiring is wild.
Both considered retiring after last season, but signed for another year for lucrative one year deals. Those kind of lucrative one year deals for 33 and 36 year old players are not forthcoming in today’s NFL. Not from the Eagles or any other team. Graham 35, and Johnson 33, are both going for another year. Young teams like the Chiefs, and dare I say Packers, seem to be able to compete. The Eagles are an aging, descending team with no linebackers, no secondary, and no capable running backs. Like the Eagles FO, Kelce and Cox can read the writing on the wall. Great careers, though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Both considered retiring after last season, but signed for another year for lucrative one year deals. Those kind of lucrative one year deals for 33 and 36 year old players are not forthcoming in today’s NFL. Not from the Eagles or any other team. Graham 35, and Johnson 33, are both going for another year. Young teams like the Chiefs, and dare I say Packers, seem to be able to compete. The Eagles are an aging, descending team with no linebackers, no secondary, and no capable running backs. Like the Eagles FO, Kelce and Cox can read the writing on the wall. Great careers, though.
It’s not just that though. Reddick and Sweat are seeking trades?

eromeopolk

Reaction score

He was a great DT. I wanted Dallas to draft him coming out of Miss. St. You win in the trenches and you cannot effectively rush the passer without pressure in the middle.

You want to know why Philly has been a consistent Super Bowl contending and winning team? Look at Fletcher Cox, Hargrove, Graham, and the youngsters they have coming back at DT next year.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It’s not just that though. Reddick and Sweat are seeking trades?
Don’t try to make up problems that don’t exist. Reddick indicated he did not request to be traded. He is looking for a big contract for 2025. The answer is obviously no from Philly. The Eagles are shopping Sweat. A proactive front office is a good thing, particularly for a team getting worse, not better. Hoping it indicates nefarious issues at hand is fantasy for Giants, Cowboys, and Commanders fans. The reason Philly has guys retiring after 10+ years indicates they’re a franchise willing to pay for good performance. But you can’t keep everyone you’d like. Hurts’ new deal commences March 18. They seem to be dealing with their new reality. At least they’re dealing with it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was a great DT. I wanted Dallas to draft him coming out of Miss. St. You win in the trenches and you cannot effectively rush the passer without pressure in the middle.

You want to know why Philly has been a consistent Super Bowl contending and winning team? Look at Fletcher Cox, Hargrove, Graham, and the youngsters they have coming back at DT next year.
I mean it helps having a great offensive line too.