Eagles DT Fletcher Cox retires

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Eagles getting younger . It’s a two team race in the East . For the right to early playoff elimination
Younger doesn’t necessarily mean better. It may not be easy replacing Cox and Kelce.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Good, good player. Always loved his big play celebration.

fletcher-cox.gif

advent11

Reaction score
Another devastating loss for the Eagles. We should be heavy favorites to win the division next year.

sbark

Reaction score
I still am rueing the trade up for CB Clairborn....couldve had F.Cox
Rueing....rueing

75boyz

Reaction score
Kelce then Cox.
2 very good players for the Iggles.
Have a good retirement Mr. Cox, you were a helluva player.

Legendz82

Reaction score
It’s not just that though. Reddick and Sweat are seeking trades?
Neither player is seeking a trade. Reddick is on record that he wants to stay here and is the happiest he has been in years. He just wants a new deal. The Eagles are the aggressor in trading him. They clearly don’t want to pay him what he wants.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Neither player is seeking a trade. Reddick is on record that he wants to stay here and is the happiest he has been in years. He just wants a new deal. The Eagles are the aggressor in trading him. They clearly don’t want to pay him what he wants.
And I’m sure Reddick is ecstatic about not getting a deal lol. Please lol.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
If he was that great he wouldn't be scared of T.J. Bass.
I don't think anything scared Cox, the dude was a Cowboy disrupter for many seasons. I'm sure the Cowboys were hoping he would retire years ago, but the dude kept coming back, but now they can rest easy that he won't be around anymore...............LOL!

lostar2009

Reaction score
Cox retiring and center Kelce retiring hmmm. Something is floating around that locker room and players have had enough. Both of those guys can still play. Eagles are also shopping other defensive players.
Just know when to give it up while healthy. Both already got their ring and got paid. There is nothing more for them to prove.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
He was a great player for them in his day. He was still producing as the 3rd DT in their rotation over the last couple years. They'll miss him even though he wasn't a starter anymore.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Just know when to give it up while healthy. Both already got their ring and got paid. There is nothing more for them to prove.
They probably got wind of pay cuts coming down the pike and decided to quit before they were asked to take one.