Eagles entire offense is in the top 5 of pay and we cant get anything done

Redline360

Reaction score
That's cool and all but didn't they have an atrocious secondary that couldn't stop anyone by years end? Think the defense was giving up almost 30ppg at the end of the season

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
“reportedly”, “might”, “quite right”…in contemporary America those terms equal click bait. After all that, let’s say all those nonsense stories are true, they won one less game than the Cowboys and got similarly embarrassed in the first round of the playoffs. If that’s the Eagles problem, what exactly is the Cowboys’ problem? Moreover, what are the Cowboys doing about whatever their problem is as they’re getting eerily similar results as the loser Eagles.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401547633/cardinals-eagles

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401547650/eagles-giants

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401547754/eagles-buccaneers

Frankly, the Eagles quit after they lost to the Cowboys. It was nice breaking them.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The goal is to compete for a Super Bowl. Being satisfied with beating the Eagles, and only most years, is how you end up going decades without ever playing in a Super Bowl. Even that franchise figured out how to get in one recently. What are the Cowboys doing to get a shot at the AFC champions? Dallas has a great wide receiver, can’t get him to sign an extension. Philly is locking down their number two through 2028. Dallas has a unique defensive player, an unusually talented pass rusher, can’t get him extended. Philly unloads their sack leader and signs a younger one because they want to invest elsewhere. Dallas has a QB1 that performed significantly better than Philly’s QB, but can’t figure what they want to do about it. How are the Cowboys going to get into the Super Bowl if they can’t commit to the best of what they already have? Philly locks down what they have of value and you want to point out they also sign a bunch of goof balls. They can afford to. They signed the talent they have. Doing nothing to improve is tantamount to throwing in the towel. Looking at a long season. The Eagles will likely lose more games than they win. How that is supposed to be satisfactory to Cowboys fans is beyond me. It’s a loser attitude. Go buy another Cowboys logo key chain.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The goal is to compete for a Super Bowl. Being satisfied with beating the Eagles, and only most years, is how you end up going decades without ever playing in a Super Bowl. Even that franchise figured out how to get in one recently. What are the Cowboys doing to get a shot at the AFC champions? Dallas has a great wide receiver, can’t get him to sign an extension. Philly is locking down their number two through 2028. Dallas has a unique defensive player, an unusually talented pass rusher, can’t get him extended. Philly unloads their sack leader and signs a younger one because they want to invest elsewhere. Dallas has a QB1 that performed significantly better than Philly’s QB, but can’t figure what they want to do about it. How are the Cowboys going to get into the Super Bowl if they can’t commit to the best of what they already have? Philly locks down what they have of value and you want to point out they also sign a bunch of goof balls. They can afford to. They signed the talent they have. Doing nothing to improve is tantamount to throwing in the towel. Looking at a long season. The Eagles will likely lose more games than they win. How that is supposed to be satisfactory to Cowboys fans is beyond me. It’s a loser attitude. Go buy another Cowboys logo key chain.
I never said it was satisfying. I said it was nice.

I recommend paragraphs. I get you are rosey on all things Eagles. You are an Eagles fan after all.

I personally do not think Dak can win deep in the playoffs and take up a quarter of the cap. He seems intent on that so we have to deal with the situation as it is as opposed to how we might want it to be. The Cowboys royally screwed up with the last deal. No reason to do it again.

If we let go of Dak then we will be in QB Purgatory but that at least has hope of a merc like Stafford was for the Rams or a prospect down the line as opposed to the near certain failure of a second tier QB taking up 1 out of every 4 dollars of the cap.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Make no mistake, their head coach seat is just as hot as MM's, if not hotter. The bottom line, they will go as far as Hurts takes them.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Make no mistake, their head coach seat is just as hot as MM's, if not hotter. The bottom line, they will go as far as Hurts takes them.
That they didn’t terminate their head coach after that late season collapse means they know a coach they want will be available after the 2024 season. No sense hiring a guy for one year. He’s as good as gone. So is McCarthy.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I never said it was satisfying. I said it was nice.

I recommend paragraphs. I get you are rosey on all things Eagles. You are an Eagles fan after all.

I personally do not think Dak can win deep in the playoffs and take up a quarter of the cap. He seems intent on that so we have to deal with the situation as it is as opposed to how we might want it to be. The Cowboys royally screwed up with the last deal. No reason to do it again.

If we let go of Dak then we will be in QB Purgatory but that at least has hope of a merc like Stafford was for the Rams or a prospect down the line as opposed to the near certain failure of a second tier QB taking up 1 out of every 4 dollars of the cap.
I agree GM Jethro can not put a SB team together.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

It's amazing what you can afford when you pay your QB $13M. Those 'rankings' are wildly exaggerated (and based on full contract, not even guaranteed money, nor 2024 CAP Hit) and misleading for instance Hurts isnt paid in the top 5 until 2028 (and he'll be pushed out within the next year).

Yes the Eagles have a less formulaic approach and YES they utilize trades and longer contracts, but they also tank and have rebuilds.

If we look at it through our eyes, then our position is ideal for a professional GM (not for 2024, but for the future), no immediate pressure to succeed, no crippling long term contracts, talented (but underperforming roster), and decisions to be made on 'star/elite' contracts (without the baggage of previous (non) negotiations).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

So by that very first sentence, we walk away from Dak. At least in your second paragraph there's a chance.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The only thing that makes any sense at this point is Jerry is positioning the team to be sold.

We are going to have an NFL record of the most 1 year players in the history of the NFL on our roster. To go along with 1 year coaches.

We have cleared up future cap space for 2025 and beyond.

Now we need future draft picks. Trade CD and Micah. Let Dak, DLaw and Martin walk. Setting up more future comp picks. We are projected 4 - 5th round comp picks in 2025. What can we get for CD and Micah?

Then tank the season and get a top 10 pick in every round.

We could have 15+ draft picks heading into 2025.

I knew owner would have a clean canvass to paint on.
The Jones are selling this team in our dreams.
This is the fattest cash cow America business has ever seen.
Let's go yachting!
Wahoo!

baltcowboy

Reaction score

The Eagles have actually done what Stephen was hoping what Dak, Amari, Zeke, Tank and company was going to do in 2020. The issue the Eagles are going to have is that their number 1 wide receiver is gonna want more money once Jefferson/CeeDee breaks the bank. You can’t keep everyone happy.

Sydla

Reaction score
A lot of you won't want to hear this, but we spent and went "all in" over the last 3-4 years. That was the window. Now the bill has come due this year.

Cap is real. So yeah this year we can't spend big. We aren't kicking the bill down the road because we're about to have a regime change and will want to be flexible for that.
Nope.

From 2021-2023 Cowboys were 30th in actual cash spent on their roster. They are cheap, don’t structure contracts well, and are mediocre at maniiukating the cap.

Last edited:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
A big part of this is how the contracts are structured and how the money is stretched out. Dak wanted a 4 year deal so that he could get another bite at the apple sooner.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
PHIL spent 300 mil this off season Dallas has spent 11 mil and are #32 in spending of cap this season.

Seeing that, phil should be able to sweep cowboys, and if they dont they should be embarrassed.
Heck Wash should sweep cowboys, and giants should win a game.