Eagles (GM & cap boy) vs Cowboys (GM & cap boy)

Sydla

Reaction score
Don’t overdo it. Philly is not in the 49ers’ class, particularly at head coach. If you want to give them credit, give it to them for at least trying to replace guys they lost to free agency. Most of those are band-aids. Curious to see what they do in the draft.
Band aids? They upgraded RB and S. They still have an issue at LB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Eagles have signed Jalen Hurts to a $51 million per year extension and still have the cap to surround him with AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Dallas Goedert and Saquan Barkley. That may be the best offensive supporting cast in the entire NFL along with the 49ers. The Cowboys are about to resign Ezekiel Elliott.
And somehow the Dallas Cowboys with apparently a joke of a front office had beat the Eagles 2 out of the last three years for the Division I hate to break it to you the Washington team has spent the most in the division and they finished third and 4th it doesn't matter how much money you spend because everybody uses the same salary cap it's how you slice it up it's how you build a roster and this Eagles team has been beat out twice by the clown leader of the circus apparently that's your opinion you all think the Eagles are great why do they only have one Super Bowl in 60 years and why have they lost to the Dallas Cowboys 2 out of the last three seasons when they've been better across the board and making these moves you know these moves look good on paper but it's how they actually play on the field and the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones have given the Eagles all they can handle in this division by doing less....

I'm not saying I'm happy with it but the facts are the facts some of the highest spending teams in our division are finishing at the bottom or at where where even or better than them the last three years the Eagles have not been dominating the Dallas Cowboys I don't know if you need to wake up and stop salivating over them just because they win the offseason they've done this before you remember the dream team the paper champions??

How about this how about you tell me what the Kansas City Chiefs have done the last three seasons with actually adding to their roster with big free agent moves and spending a lot of money and the fact that they've had to let go a lot of players show me all the big free agent moves show me how they won the offseason because all I'm seeing is a team that with less it's beating those same teams that have spent more money in the offseason they've done it two years in a row they literally won the Super bowl from the teams who make the most moves this place salivates over the 49ers and the Eagles and yet the Kansas City Chiefs have very quiet offseasons and still are winning Super Bowls...​
So you try to convince me why you think names on paper mean something when they literally are not dominating the team that you think is a joke your own team that's why I think you're a joke your opinions are a joke everyone around here that keeps bringing up our main rivals off seasons to only look up and find out that we have finished number one in our division two out of three years and that's important I realize it's what you do in the playoffs but I'm saying if the way Howie Roseman is doing it is supposed to be winning Super Bowls,.. then they're failing​
this is like losing Street races when you have the best cars, spent the most money , and you're losing to a guy who just made sure his car was going to be as fast or faster with less money... Yes, I used to watch all those shows you get a guy that shows up like farm truck and beats the snot out of all these little punks who show up in these $100,000 or more cars or the money they spent could be up to $250,000 and they lose anyway...​
Look I wanna win another NFC championship game or at least get to 1 and another Super Bowl as much as anyone else but I'm really sick and tired of all these posts you showed me how the Eagles have just been so great that they're dominating the league by the way they're doing things because last I checked they aren't and then if you want to bring up the 49ers they have not won a Super Bowl since 1994 and I realized they've been closer and they've been right on the edge but they haven't won one longer than we have if the goal is to be a Super Bowl champion the Kansas City Chiefs and the New England Patriots have had got it right and last I remember they were the teams that were not doing the crazy things in the offseason most years...​

blueblood70

Reaction score
Isn’t that exactly what I said? He’s not signing anyone. He’s clearing cap space and doing nothing with it.
YET... They haven't done anything with it yet...

free agency started on the 14th where about two weeks in the free agency with six months left to go....

there's the draft there's trades they are waiting till after the draft it's apparent that they're going to see what they get in the draft and then there's a large pool of free agents still out there and trades to be made, you realize we brought in Hankins, cooks,and Gilmore on trades that people were not expecting....

this could happen all the way up to game one and all the way up to the trade deadline,

you know like we flipped our season around when we got Amari Cooper after starting three and five and ended up in the second round of the playoffs you guys have all but given up and all I see is an off season very much like most of the other offseason except the complaining started earlier, the judgment is way too early,

we will see what they got in training camp and in preseason and then leading up to game one we'll see what the roster really looks like... The only way to truly judge what this front office has done and the way this season's gonna go is we could talk about this in February of 2025 seriously I know we're just having little talks here but this is the most out of control judgments I've ever seen literally April 1st when a game doesn't start till September 10th and they have the whole entire process of resources still out there there's a lot of free agents that are still available there's going to be many more available after the draft and then more cut cut down and there's kit be trades I mean undrafted free agents we've done really well with lots of time lots of players left....

Look I'm saving my judgment until after the season or at least till we're out of it and we've actually had a bad season because every time I've seen the fans just go off the ledge with historically bad offseason top really angry three straight seasons they ended up with 36 wins two division titles in the playoffs three straight years let alone the fact that we've been at to the playoffs 5 out of eight years,

and somehow we've done it we're terrible rosters terrible coaching yes men people who don't know what they're doing and yet somehow we've beat the Eagles 2 out of three years and that's all I could see on here is we should do it like the Eagles do it.... Look I wanna win more in the playoffs more than anyone else but you don't win in the playoffs during the first two weeks of free agency this process has just begun and when fans realize all the complaining is for not unless you really have something to complain about and that would be at the end of the season...

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The Eagles have signed Jalen Hurts to a $51 million per year extension and still have the cap to surround him with AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Dallas Goedert and Saquan Barkley. That may be the best offensive supporting cast in the entire NFL along with the 49ers. The Cowboys are about to resign Ezekiel Elliott.
You have to look at the Number not what the contract was. I Doubt Hurts counts 51 million this year. I think it's something like 13 million. The Eagles spread the money over the length of the contract, and years after. It allows them to field a better team. Of course the owner has to sign off because he's paying for players that have been off the roster for a couple years.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I still think the Eagles will rue the day they fired Pederson for Siriani, and signed Hurts to that big deal. Hurts is a very good QB but not elite like the media makes him out to be. Running QB's with poor accuracy are a short lived thing in the NFL. He's 1 hit away from having his mobility taken away. He was gimpy last year and wasnt the same guy. His accuracy and timing on intermediate routes is terrible. Eagles have everything you want except a great HC and QB. Much like Dallas.
Shane Steichen was the glue holding that operation together IMO. He understood Hurts' strengths and limitations, and schemed an offense around them. After Steichen left for the Colts, Sirianni didn't know what to do other than cut and paste the old playbook, and he couldn't invent any wrinkles when teams figured out that Hurts was vulnerable to the blitz. Teams kept sending blitzes at Philly for months, and they just kept working.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Philly uses the draft, free agency, trades in an attempt to build the best team possible.

Dallas only uses the draft for this. Free agency is only used to plug holes and not typically used to bring in really good players (they focus on cheap over talent). Remember they only traded for cooper because they were so terrible to start the season. But that offseason they said all the things , we like our guys, were fine, we don't need a clear #1, etc. The gilmore trade was also an outlier as they usually trade late round picks for more under the radar unknows guys than solid veterans.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Philly uses the draft, free agency, trades in an attempt to build the best team possible.

Dallas only uses the draft for this. Free agency is only used to plug holes and not typically used to bring in really good players (they focus on cheap over talent). Remember they only traded for cooper because they were so terrible to start the season. But that offseason they said all the things , we like our guys, were fine, we don't need a clear #1, etc. The gilmore trade was also an outlier as they usually trade late round picks for more under the radar unknows guys than solid veterans.
First of all ,

the Philadelphia Eagles have lost to the Cowboys 2 out of the last three years for the division title like it or not all they're spending didn't help them as well as Washington who by the way crazy as it sounds has spent the most money in free agency the last three years and it finished next to last all three years....

So this fan base needs to wake up I realize that we wanna go further in the playoffs I realize we wanna get back to a Super Bowl stop with the nonsense that they do this and it's an outlier and that's all they do is plug holes well it sure has been working pretty well 36 wins two division titles three straight playoff appearances been in the playoffs 5 out of eight years you don't do that if you don't at least have some kind of system that's actually working well enough to compete with these teams who spend a lot more..

They actually got cooks Gilmore and hankins... That's not an outlier that was them waiting until after the draft until they assembled hey roster and realize where they needed to go to get a competitive team and they did it they also went after amari Cooper in mid season at a trade deadline to flip a season around this is not an outlier they do it when they need to they brought in many other players as well you call them bargain basement what's odd that we could beat a team or I should say plural teams in our division who spend a lot more somehow you call bargain basement as if we're getting chumps that can't play but apparently they play well enough to win an awful lot of games in this league... Especially if you look at the fact that Prescott has been part of no losing seasons and when he's been upright they've been to the playoffs five of the last eight seasons..​

Literally everybody in here laughing and calling our front office names for delivering at least a highly competitive team that can compete with the Philadelphia Eagles who go well beyond that... Both teams by the way who got blew up by the 49ers this year who also both of which lost to the chiefs in the Super bowl the two highest spending most aggressive teams are losing to a team that by the way show me the Kansas City Chiefs plan the last three years in free agency show me their outside free agents that they went all in on and they just absolutely went crazy in free agency,...

You guys keep showing Philadelphia and it makes no sense since we beat Philadelphia twice in the last three years for the division apparently whatever the front office is doing it's enough to compete in the division... Philadelphia hasn't done enough to win a Super Bowl and they're getting beat also as bad by the 49ers so why we keep propping up Philadelphia as if they're the blueprint they are not neither is Green Bay and really it was 1994 the last time the 49ers actually won a Super Bowl that's longer than us yes they've been more competitive yes they've been the championship games I get it we would like to be there but if it doesn't win us a Super Bowl is that better??

So go show me all the teams outside of maybe one was it possible the Rams were the highest ranking team for free agent signings that wasn't part of their team we're talking about outside free agents the first week of free agency were they the biggest spenders in free agency the year they won the super bowl??

Outside of that I want you to really get a clue and I want you to do your homework and show me how Kansas city's doing in the same free agent market the last three seasons? I bet without looking they're right in the same realm as the Dallas Cowboys as far as spending outside their organization spending only on their players and bringing in drafted or undrafted free agents and making a few small trades and yes I realize they have a slightly better coach and quarterback but again shouldn't they be the blueprint shouldn't the team winning the Super bowls be the blueprint not our hated rival(s)...

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's a miracle this team has even reached the playoffs with all the distractions and how much the carnival barker hamstrings this team.
It's not a miracle you do realize that an outlier like some crazy miracle happens like say Blake Bortles making championship game the Dallas Cowboys have won 36 games that's 12 per year two division titles I've been in the playoffs three straight years over a three-year. That is consistency that is having some kind of plan and then making it happen by the time game one starts they have a competitive team it's not a miracle miracles and luck only happens when you trip over it once but when you consistently do it three straight years that to me says they have a plan and it may not be aggressive but it's kind of crazy that the Kansas City Chiefs doesn't do a whole lot as far as I can remember off the top of my head because I don't follow them hard but I know they got rid of more good players than they signed as far as big free agents in the first seven days of free agency I don't believe they done a whole lot I think they do about the same as what we do which most of the league does and by the way the two most aggressive free agents spending teams in our division yes is Washington and yes it's Philadelphia but we beat Philadelphia twice for the division and the last three years that is not a miracle apparently that's whatever plan they had whether the fans agree with it or not whether it got us to a soup or not it has beat the more aggressive teams... Yeah if you look at the way the standings are the last three years in the NFC East it's flipped by how much money is being spent in free agency New York and Washington have spent a ton of money and they're at the bottom and then yeah the Eagles do it but they've fallen short to us twice logic and common sense says whatever the Cowboys have been doing is worked well enough to compete or be better than the higher spending free agent teams...

You can mock them all you want you can call them names but there's a reason the Dallas Cowboys are still on prime time they get more prime time slots their ratings are still high and they're still winning consistently meaning they are relative delete doesn't give a team who is terrible and bad is this place his own fan base claim they are they just wouldn't give all those slots away if there wasn't a reason the Cowboys are actually a consistently winning team....​

Chasing6

Reaction score
oh geez. 4 years ago we signed Dak to then a 160M contract. his first year cap hit was 17M, second year 19M, 3rd year 26M....and we had signed Tyron, Lawrence, Zeke, Martin, Steele, Diggs, etc. along the way. every team at some point has to pay the price. at some point, eagles would have to decide to extend Hurts or walk away and take massive hit. Dallas is at that point, take a massiv ehit and walk away.

so its not about the cap. its about signing the right players. our GM doesn't know the right players. cap is easily manipulated.
If we are projected to have $100M in 2025 and $150M in 2026, we have plenty of money and are choosing not to spend it.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
In exchange, they're gutting their defense

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't we go through all of this last year as well.
How the Eagles are so much greater than Dallas, and how they are ran and coached.

But yet Dallas won the division.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It's a miracle this team has even reached the playoffs with all the distractions and how much the carnival barker hamstrings this team.
Truth,
If it was not for Will McClay , we would be the Washington Deadskins of the NFL.
Oops, we have both been mediocre the last 28 seasons.
Guess we could be even worse?

CWR

Reaction score
oh geez. 4 years ago we signed Dak to then a 160M contract. his first year cap hit was 17M, second year 19M, 3rd year 26M....and we had signed Tyron, Lawrence, Zeke, Martin, Steele, Diggs, etc. along the way. every team at some point has to pay the price. at some point, eagles would have to decide to extend Hurts or walk away and take massive hit. Dallas is at that point, take a massiv ehit and walk away.

so its not about the cap. its about signing the right players. our GM doesn't know the right players. cap is easily manipulated.
I dont recall the Eagles suffering much after signing Wentz.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Jerruh manages the cap using an abacus, and balances the team's Financials at the back of his check book.

We have no money (per his calculations), and we never will (per his calculations).