Eagles hire Kellen Moore as OC

nobody

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAH, Well that makes it easier for the Cowboys!!!

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
We will be able to play them with no linemen, 11 DB's, this might change the Cowboys draft/ free agency plan.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You’ll be calling for his head after 1 season.
If we had him in 2023 we would have won the NFCE, and very possibly the NFC. What I think will be happening this year is Sirianni has a very different offensive scheme than McCarthy, and we have very different personnel from Dallas and LA. We’re going to be seeing a lot of “Why didn’t Kellen do that here?!” on this board (even though he probably did)

T-RO

Reaction score
This is a TERRIBLE pairing with Hurts. Kellen wants to throw it 40 times a game. Hurts needs to have a 65-35 run pass ratio.
Moore in 2022: Cowboys ran 48% of downs
McCarthy in 2023: Cowboys ran 42% of downs

Moore's run rate was amongst the heaviest in the league in 2022. Ya'll just don't seem to pay much attention to what's going on.

We will be able to play them with no linemen,
Based on what version of reality? Again Moore was far from pass-crazy. Far, far from it.

khiladi

Reaction score
If we had him in 2023 we would have won the NFCE, and very possibly the NFC. What I think will be happening this year is Sirianni has a very different offensive scheme than McCarthy, and we have very different personnel from Dallas and LA. We’re going to be seeing a lot of “Why didn’t Kellen do that here?!” on this board (even though he probably did)
Chargers were 6th in pre-snap motion this year. According to his haters, he never does that..

khiladi

Reaction score
Moore in 2022: Cowboys ran 48% of downs
McCarthy in 2023: Cowboys ran 42% of downs

Moore's run rate was amongst the heaviest in the league in 2022. Ya'll just don't seem to pay much attention to what's going on.
the Chargers were a mess with Staley and all the injuries. But the Chargers were going to keep him if they didn’t get Harbaugh, as they refused interviews for Moore until Harbaugh was confirmed. He even interviewed for the HC position there.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No you’ll be hearing “Why did we sign this guy?”.

khiladi

Reaction score
And the Cowboys ran the ball 48% of the time in 2022, that was top 10 in the NFL and significantly higher than your % in 2023. We’re probably gonna run a ton next year, even though “he doesn’t do that”
your OL is a hell of a lot better than the mess that was in LA. They also had a lot of injuries, losing their starting center and WRs. Then Herbert had the injured thumb and could hardly hold the ball. Akeler was washed but their OL coach was a left over from the Lombardi years.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
your OL is a hell of a lot better than the mess that was in LA. They also had a lot of injuries, losing their starting center and WRs. Then Herbert had the injured thumb and could hardly hold the ball. Akeler was washed but their OL coach was a left over from the Lombardi years.
We also have a QB who plays a completely different style than Dallas and LA. We also have a star TE, and Kellen does design a lot of TE specific stuff. It’ll look like a KM offense, but it’ll look a lot like a Sirianni offense as well.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
I see there’s a great divide here, the Moore sucks camp and the Dak sucks camp.

Newsflash: they‘re both utter trash so no need to argue.

Redline360

Reaction score
You Kellen Moore critics live on another planet. And it's a planet that doesn't watch much football.

The Cowboys had the 5th most runs in the NFL under Moore in 2022 w/Dallas.
I'll look into the stats deeper later but at face value means nothing.

Running the ball 100 times accomplishing little vs running the ball 75 times and accomplishing more

It's about quality over quantity.

Moore run scheme like MM is pretty bad.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
***Note to Mods: I had to edit quotes for language, as the board algorithm won't do it on cut/paste lines. I'm not trying to get around the board filters.***

Looking at the Eagles reddit thread on this, they are happy! They are praising Moore AND Dak. Here is a selection that sets the mood:

"Moore gonna win a SB in Philly and put Cowboy fans in shambles"

"We will actually see motion and Jalen under center"

"Johnson/Desai to Moore/Fangio is a f***ing godsend."

"I like it, Moore's constructed some good offenses, is an experienced play caller and actually uses motion and has more than 5 plays in his playbook."

"His biggest weakness is protection schemes but that shouldn’t be an issue with Stoutland at the helm of our OL"

"What I remember cowboys fans crying about most was how he would run it predictably on 1st and 2nd down. To that I say please do that here lmao that’s what we need"

" I think the Eagles offense will be a beast with him at the helm this season. LFG"

"Now Kellen Moore has to teach the Brian Johnson out of Hurts"

"I've been saying he was great in Dallas for years. Then I said he'd be amazing at the Chargers. Their season got f***ed by injuries and a HC disaster. And now he f***ing falls in OUR lap of any team."

"Kellen Moore shoots to the top of of odds to be the next head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles"

"He's running the team by Week 8...book it"

"That's really all we need right now though. The amount of talent we have on offense, even with players leaving this off season, is pretty incredible. The scheme was holding them back a ton this season and a mediocre play caller would have gotten us the #1 seed."

"I really like it, we got 2 coordinators that have experience and have a track record. Moore doesn’t need Sirianni to run the offense, he’s been doing this and he doesn’t have to learn on the job like we saw this year."

"They're still operating under the delusion that it was Moore's fault that they kept collapsing and not McCarthy's. Or at least, they kinda have to operate under that delusion at this point because only one of them is still there."

Have at it boys!
Now do our boards after we do nothing after our one and done ….. our fan base is laughed as we throw more rocks from our glass houses than any other team.

GINeric

Reaction score
Oh please, don’t play dumb. You know exactly why it was brought up because I said it right in the response.

Also, Dak never played “better” than Romo. That’s just an absurd thing to say because they never played in the same offense in real games. But, there were a number of claims (one by Barry Church) that once he was healthy he was easily outplaying him in practice as expected. Romo lost his job to injury and wasn’t allowed to compete in a supposed meritocracy as Garrett claimed because he’s a liar and the organization is stupidly run unlike winning ones.

With all that said.... Dak and Hurts can't be compared with two totally different rosters and offensive skillsets, bottom line.

No matter how good or bad Hurts plays in Moore's offense, intelligent people know that there's variables that keep them from being compared.