Eagles hire Kellen Moore as OC

Mr_437

Reaction score
Say what you want, but getting Devonta Smith on my fantasy squad next season to go with CeeDee (like always). I'm gonna do numbers!

As for the Eagles as a team, yeah, Hurts throw the ball all over field shouldn't end well for them.

tomokawan

Reaction score
SNF game is now set. Philly at Dallas, Moore vs. MM ... then the last game week 18, Dallas at Philly.
Because the NFL never gives us a home game to end the season.
They rarely give us a home game to start the season. And it is never against a patsy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
12 wins and repeated playoff collapses gives you the exact same chance at a Lombardi as a 5-win team. The difference is those teams know they have to make changes.
Not the point. Teams know they need to make improvements. FA has changed that as to teams getting better or worse and it happens to the best and worst of teams.

But 12 wins every year, or just getting to the playoffs gives a team that opportunity.
In spite some fans whining about it all the time, it is still an opportunity.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
This is a TERRIBLE pairing with Hurts. Kellen wants to throw it 40 times a game. Hurts needs to have a 65-35 run pass ratio.
The Eagles owner and GM want that too. The coach doesn't matter....whoever they hire would be "enough encouraged" to have a pass first offense

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Not the point. Teams know they need to make improvements. FA has changed that as to teams getting better or worse and it happens to the best and worst of teams.

But 12 wins every year, or just getting to the playoffs gives a team that opportunity.
In spite some fans whining about it all the time, it is still an opportunity.
Cool.

Where do they hang the Opportunity banners?

khiladi

Reaction score
FYI.......here's some early insight on Fangio's exit from the Dolphins. It appears he was lost the locker room a bit......

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/26/c...-critical-point-dan-quinn-seahawks-commanders
• We’ll have more on this Monday, but the split between the Miami Dolphins and Vic Fangio, as Jevon Holland’s Instagram missive would indicate, wasn’t altogether clean. Fangio insisted on being the lone voice in the defensive room, something that chafed other coaches and, in time, led the venerable defensive play-caller losing some of his players.
Fangio didn’t want to coach there. He wanted the Eagles job. Last year, the timing was off. His family is from there.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The Dolphin defense is glad Fangio is gone. If the players in Miami hated him, I can imagine how much the Eagles are going to hate him.

Miami held Dallas to 20 . Made the playoffs . Stuffed it down our throats when he was HC Denver . Fangio certainly an upgrade over what Philly had in 23

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If this hiring is so terrible because it's a bad fit then why are so many cowboys fans complaining about it.

GINeric

Reaction score
Funny how this is ignored when the various Romo/Dak “playoff records” comparison is repeatedly brought up, and those differences were even greater.

But, that’s beside the point, since I never claimed it was some equivalent comparison, just whether “we’ll see” if Hurts is better or worse than Dak in running Moore’s offense.

I don't know why Romo vs Dak was brought up, concerning people trying to compare Hurts vs Dak in a KM offense.

While you can't compare Romo vs Dak in some ways.... Dak played better than Romo with the same players and coaches. That's different than playing for two totally different organizations with two totally different rosters.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
This is a TERRIBLE pairing with Hurts. Kellen wants to throw it 40 times a game. Hurts needs to have a 65-35 run pass ratio.
I agree, this is a head scratcher. I get why he went to SD, they had a QB who could throw it all the time. I don't see the fit with Hurts at all. He has 2 good WRs and a solid TE, but he is going to turn Hurts into the INT machine that Dak became under him.
The Cowboys should feast next year with Diggs and Bland and Hurts throwing ti 50 times a game, lol.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Say what you want, but getting Devonta Smith on my fantasy squad next season to go with CeeDee (like always). I'm gonna do numbers!

As for the Eagles as a team, yeah, Hurts throw the ball all over field shouldn't end well for them.
I'm sure Hurts will like him. All quarterbacks like to pass. The biggest question I have is how Moore makes out running Sirianni offense, or is it going to be a hybrid of the 2? I would have rather had Moore out of our division considering how well he knows us on both sides of the ball.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don't know why Romo vs Dak was brought up, concerning people trying to compare Hurts vs Dak in a KM offense.

While you can't compare Romo vs Dak in some ways.... Dak played better than Romo with the same players and coaches. That's different than playing for two totally different organizations with two totally different rosters.
Oh please, don’t play dumb. You know exactly why it was brought up because I said it right in the response.

Also, Dak never played “better” than Romo. That’s just an absurd thing to say because they never played in the same offense in real games. But, there were a number of claims (one by Barry Church) that once he was healthy he was easily outplaying him in practice as expected. Romo lost his job to injury and wasn’t allowed to compete in a supposed meritocracy as Garrett claimed because he’s a liar and the organization is stupidly run unlike winning ones.

Zman5

Reaction score
Kellen produced top five offenses. That a division rival (one that has actually contended with this team in recent history unlike the other two) to hire him isn’t the shot against him that some people think it is. I guess we’ll see if Hurts is better or worse than Dak at running Kellen’s offense.
KM has produced top 5 offenses only with Dak as his QB. Dak has done it with multiple OCs.
KM sucks. Just like his mentor JG.