Eagles next eight games are brutal

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Now there are difficult stretches...and then there are BRUTAL stretches. Their last three (NYG, AZ, NYG) are cake, but the next eight are pretty ridiculous for them. And I love to see it. Only @WAS is a "weak" link.

MIA
@WAS
DAL
@KC
BUF
SF
@DAL
@SEA
As I said in another thread, this is a week to week league, we have no idea what is going to happen game to game.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Now there are difficult stretches...and then there are BRUTAL stretches. Their last three (NYG, AZ, NYG) are cake, but the next eight are pretty ridiculous for them. And I love to see it. Only @WAS is a "weak" link.

MIA
@WAS
DAL
@KC
BUF
SF
@DAL
@SEA
6-2

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys will enter a stretch of five games against teams whose combined record at this point in time is 22-6

Seahawks
Eagles
Bills
Dolphins
Lions

This includes back to back away games against the Bills and Dolphins. These five games are sandwiched in between the two Washington games with the first one on Thanksgiving.
Once Dolphins get up on us by 14 it’s gonna UUUUUUUUUUUGLY. We do not matchup with that team at all..

JustChip

Reaction score

MIA
@WAS
DAL
@KC
BUF
SF
@DAL
@SEA
Dallas twice?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Don’t sleep on the at Washington game for the Eagles in between Miami and Dallas talk about a trap game.

vicjagger

Reaction score

MIA
@WAS
DAL
@KC
BUF
SF
@DAL
@SEA
I bet they're wishing they hadn't won the division last year.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

MIA
@WAS
DAL
@KC
BUF
SF
@DAL
@SEA
They play the same teams we do, the order doesn't matter all that much (our brutal stretch comes later, with more tough ones on the road). I like to line up the games and see where it leaves us.

DAL lost to ARI, I will assume PHI beats them. PHI +1
DAL beat NYJ, PHI lost to them. Back to even.
We both beat NE. Even.
We both beat a divisional opponent. Even.
PHI beat their NFCS opponent (TB). We should take care of CAR. Even.
DAL lost to SF. That's an opportunity for PHI.
DAL beat our "17th" opponent, LAC. PHI's is @KC. That's an opportunity for DAL.
PHI beat their NFCN opponent (MIN). We face DET, a tougher matchup. Edge PHI.

Overall, I see it as very even: I think PHI's chances against SF and KC balance out our chances against DET, and the rest of the schedule is the same.

Of course, if we have a game lead going into the last 3 and they take the division by sweeping that NYG-AZ-NYG stretch while we play MIA-DET-WAS, people will accuse Dallas of being chokers anyway.

EST_1986

Reaction score
where's the schedule conspiracy theorist on this one? thats is absolutely BRUTAL

JustChip

Reaction score
Miami, Buffalo, and SF all at home lol…
They certainly caught a break there. But these teams are good enough, barring injuries, to win at Philly. I haven’t looked at the weather forecast, but that could impact Miami more.

Sydla

Reaction score
Let's hope the wheels fall off and they go 2-6 or worse during that stretch, at best 3-5.

If they can pull off 4-4 during that stretch they'll be 9-5.

Maybe they're not such a lock to win the division after all, they'll have to earn it.
They were never a lock but the reality is Dallas has to play better than they have if they want to win. Philly is going to likely win more games over that stretch that most believe, but regardless, if we dont figure some stuff out, it won't matter unless Philly just implodes on itself.

Sydla

Reaction score
Newsflash: All NFL games are tough. Regardless of opponent.
  • Who thought the niners would lose to Cle last week?
  • Who thought the jets would beat the eagles?
  • Who thought the cards would beat the Cowboys?
  • Going into this season, who had the Texans being 3-3 at this point?
  • Anyone predict the titans would dominate Joe Burrow and the bengals 27-3?
This list could go on and on. Every game is tough.
Ehhh but a situation where the Jets beat Philly isn't the norm.

Philly has looked like hot piss at times this season and yet they still beat 5 teams on their schedule. So yeah, they spit the bit against the Jets by playing poorly but they played poorly for stretches this year and still managed 5 wins. So in other words, I wouldn't count on the Eagles losing a lot more games to mediocre to bad teams unless their season just implodes due to injuries, etc.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL.

Someone hasnt watched them play this year. Or doesnt have an idea of their injury issues currently.
This week's game is pretty big IMO. If they beat Miami, I could definitely see them going 6-2, 5-3.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Dak-led Cowboys have not lost to the Eagles their last 10 matchups.
You might want to check that. I am pretty sure Dak spit the bit in like 2019 when we needed the game at the end of the year. Granted, he was battling some shoulder issues I believe.

EDIT: I checked, in 2019, the 2nd to the last game of the year, Dak played and we lost 17-9 which basically cost us the playoffs.

plasticman

Reaction score
Once Dolphins get up on us by 14 it’s gonna UUUUUUUUUUUGLY. We do not matchup with that team at all..
The Cowboys will be a completely different team by the time the Dolphins come around.

With a new offense, different play caller, and starting O-line that needs time to become familiar with each other, the Cowboys have not been consistent. However, in a month this team will become more cohesive and we will see improved productivity.

This is how teams win Super Bowls. They usually prosper in December and build momentum going into the playoffs.