Eagles next eight games are brutal

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I have watched Philly play a good bit this year and they just aren't clicking. I would not be surprised if they really struggle through this stretch. Hurts in particular is missing on his throws a lot more than last year.

btcutter

Reaction score
Can’t control the Eagles. Just win our own games and let the chip fall where they may.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
The Dak-led Cowboys have not lost to the Eagles their last 10 matchups.
I'm going to call that a meaningless stat until we see what happens in these two games. Hurts was not the QB he is now until last season (he barely played in 2020 as a rookie, and wasn't great in 2021 yet) then last year Dak got to face the Eagles without Hurts because of a bad ankle in which the Cowboys won, and the other game was Rush vs. Hurts in which the Eagles won. So we haven't really gotten to see Dak vs. Hurts since the Eagles became a Super Bowl caliber team.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You might want to check that. I am pretty sure Dak spit the bit in like 2019 when we needed the game at the end of the year. Granted, he was battling some shoulder issues I believe.

EDIT: I checked, in 2019, the 2nd to the last game of the year, Dak played and we lost 17-9 which basically cost us the playoffs.
The 2019 playoffs had already been lost by losing 3 in a row late in the season starting on Thanksgiving to the Patriots, Bills and Bears. Plus, as you correctly stated, Dak was playing injured at the Eagles with a torn meniscus in his throwing shoulder and a fractured index finger in his throwing hand. But, you are correct, Dak did lose that starting match-up against the Eagles, the only time he has lost against the Eagles. It took Dak playing with multiple injuries to his throwing hand and shoulder to help the Eagles beat a Dak led Cowboys team.

Zman5

Reaction score
Don’t sleep on the at Washington game for the Eagles in between Miami and Dallas talk about a trap game.
I agree. The Commanders play well against the EaGirls for some reason. They beat them last year and the EaGirls barely beat them this year.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
They play the same teams we do, the order doesn't matter all that much (our brutal stretch comes later, with more tough ones on the road). I like to line up the games and see where it leaves us.

DAL lost to ARI, I will assume PHI beats them. PHI +1
DAL beat NYJ, PHI lost to them. Back to even.
We both beat NE. Even.
We both beat a divisional opponent. Even.
PHI beat their NFCS opponent (TB). We should take care of CAR. Even.
DAL lost to SF. That's an opportunity for PHI.
DAL beat our "17th" opponent, LAC. PHI's is @KC. That's an opportunity for DAL.
PHI beat their NFCN opponent (MIN). We face DET, a tougher matchup. Edge PHI.

Overall, I see it as very even: I think PHI's chances against SF and KC balance out our chances against DET, and the rest of the schedule is the same.

Of course, if we have a game lead going into the last 3 and they take the division by sweeping that NYG-AZ-NYG stretch while we play MIA-DET-WAS, people will accuse Dallas of being chokers anyway.
good break down and take by you

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
The Eagles have injuries to deal with now. Lane Johnson has the high ankle sprain but said he will play through it. They will probably shoot him up with a painkiller/HGH blend and get away with it.

Their back up guard replacing Jurgens is a step down.

They had to sign a washed-up Julio Jones to cover for their injured #3 WR.

Still have injuries on defense.

Reddick hasn't looked the same since his injury.

Hurts not the same player this year.

Philly will go 3-5 over the next eight games, and we will win the division if we take care of our own business.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Now there are difficult stretches...and then there are BRUTAL stretches. Their last three (NYG, AZ, NYG) are cake, but the next eight are pretty ridiculous for them. And I love to see it. Only @WAS is a "weak" link.

MIA
@WAS
DAL
@KC
BUF
SF
@DAL
@SEA

Their games against us are brutal ? OK, but not for them.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Brutal stretch, not specifically individual games.

OK.

But how can it be a stretch when it has not brutal games between ?

But i undertand: it wouldnt sound so good to say the eagles will have 2 or 3 brutal games. It gives "us" much more hope to say they have a brutal stretch of 8 games.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
OK.

But how can it be a stretch when it has not brutal games between ?

But i undertand: it wouldnt sound so good to say the eagles will have 2 or 3 brutal games. It gives "us" much more hope to say they have a brutal stretch of 8 games.
Because every game in that stretch (save maybe the Washington game) is a difficult game. Half the season straight of playoff teams and SB contenders is a brutal stretch. And 5 in a row (and 6 of 7) against teams generally considered to be top 5-7 in the league is undeniably so.