Eagles not dead yet

HungryLion

Reaction score
Completely false to say they have an "excellent chance".

They have to win out 2 of those 3 against the Rams and Texans, and they need a lot of help. They can only go 9-7 while the current wild cards have 5 losses (one with 5 losses and a tie). So you're talking both those teams losing multiple games and there's still other teams with 7 losses in the hunt. They have a very slim chance of making the playoffs.

Yep. Vikings and Seahawks are both ahead of the eagles and both teams will still be ahead of them no matter what the result is tomorrow night.

The panthers also have the same record as the eagles and the tie breaker.

Eagles realistically have to win out to have a chance for the playoffs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Bite your tongue!

I hate that crappy fan base! Never will forgive them for cheering when Irvin lay motionless on the field.

Just because I think they're still a threat doesn't mean I'm a fan!
After the game today, I just could see many other topics to post about except for how the Eagles are still in it.

cern

Reaction score
Mathematically they might still be in the race. But emotionally, spirituality they're done. The ot loss was devastating. A couple of times during the game wentz had the Eli pooh face look.

Zman5

Reaction score
The Eagles aren't quite dead yet. I wish they were, but they have an excellent chance at the playoff still.

The Panthers are fading...fast. They have to play New Orleans still.

The Vikings and the Seahawks are still ahead of the Eagles, but they play each other next week. The Vikings still have to play Chicago.

I hate playing one team three times. It bit us in the butt vs the Giants in 2007.

They said the same thing in 2009. We beat the EaGirls three times that year.

Bizwah

Reaction score
After the game today, I just could see many other topics to post about except for how the Eagles are still in it.
Simply thinking ahead to the playoffs. I was simply wondering who our first game might be against, and I saw that the Eagles are still very much in it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Simply thinking ahead to the playoffs. I was simply wondering who our first game might be against, and I saw that the Eagles are still very much in it.
That would be something. Even better if we beat them for a 3rd time. The Eagles fans would riot amongst themselves!

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
The Eagles aren't quite dead yet. I wish they were, but they have an excellent chance at the playoff still.

The Panthers are fading...fast. They have to play New Orleans still.

The Vikings and the Seahawks are still ahead of the Eagles, but they play each other next week. The Vikings still have to play Chicago.

I hate playing one team three times. It bit us in the butt vs the Giants in 2007.

Yeah, but they're on life support -- very little heart and brain function left.

Pants

Reaction score
If the eagles run the rest of their table, they have a chance, but at no point is it an excellent chance. You can pretty much stick a fork in them once they get whooped by the rams next week

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
They have 7 losses and they play the Rams and Texans next. They would have to win out to have a chance. Not likely.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Seattle and Min play tomorrow. Min still has Chicago and Miami (not great buto potentially capable) to play. Seattle still has KC.

The wild card teams are vulnerable, but so are those fighting. Carolina has NO twice. Philly has LA and HOU.

GB still has a shot too.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Didn't we beat the Eagles 3 times one year, including twice in the span of like 2 or 3 weeks?

Yep and I believe that was one of the 2 playoff victories Romo had in his career. The other one coming against the Lions.

Radiashun

Reaction score
2009...I was at the last game of the season and then was fortunate enough to score tickets for the next weeks home playoff win against those Eagles. I remember the Félix long TD run as a high point in that game. Both weeks the stadium was rocking!
If I remember correctly, that playoff game is where the infamous dancing Mcnabb/air guitar gif came from.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, that playoff game is where the infamous dancing Mcnabb/air guitar gif came from.

That is correct. I did not see that until later that night after we got back to our hotel room and seen it on ESPN. Can you say awkward..lol

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
They don't play the Saints. They have Houston at Philly in December. Tough to win there.

ESPN has their chances of making the playoffs at 5.1%.

Its a weird NFC this year - three games yet to play but we already basically know who the teams will be and their seeds. Cowboys will be the 4th seed and it looks like they’ll host the 5th seeded Vikings.