Eagles open as home dogs against San Francisco

RonnieT24

Reaction score
At this point I just assume the Eagles are going to win. I keep waiting for them to lose one game in this gauntlet/lose a close game and yet they keep winning. So until I actually see them lose, I just expect they will figure out a way to pull a game keister each and every week.
As long as their DBs are going to be allowed to tackle receivers with the ball in the air and their linemen are allowed to lave a beat before the snap the they are going to be impossible to beat. Though we did see them flagged for false starts a few times yesterday. If they had been flagged for it that many times against us we would have beaten them.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Not shocking. Eagles are slipping by, winning most of their games by a TD or less, 49ers have won the last 3 by an average of 20+.

shabazz

Reaction score
If any defensive line in the NFL can defeat the Tush Push, it could be the Niners

Some team has to figure out how to disembowel that play

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
At this point I just assume the Eagles are going to win. I keep waiting for them to lose one game in this gauntlet/lose a close game and yet they keep winning. So until I actually see them lose, I just expect they will figure out a way to pull a game keister each and every week.
Refs will make sure of that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If any defensive line in the NFL can defeat the Tush Push, it could be the Niners

Some team has to figure out how to disembowel that play
They weren’t able to stop it in the NFC title game last season.

gtb1943

Reaction score
B-b-but what about the Eagles record and win streak vs winning teams?!?

Vegas isn't fooled by those illegitimate frauds and neither am I.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
stupid is as stupid does as vegas looks for more suckers and always finds them

shabazz

Reaction score
They weren’t able to stop it in the NFC title game last season.
I honestly don't remember it being utilized in that game but the Niners dline should be improved with the addition of chase young.

They are extremely physical but it may be about technique as well in stopping it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I honestly don't remember it being utilized in that game but the Niners dline should be improved with the addition of chase young.

They are extremely physical but it may be about technique as well in stopping it.
I believe they used it at least once. Philly has the tush push mastered. I’ve seen them push out 2 to 3 yards with it. Hurts has tremendous leg strength and they get a real good push in front and behind him. I think it’s only been stopped about 4 times since they started doing it. The success rate is about 90%.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm betting philly here. I think the Eagles DL will play the Niners OL to a draw stifling the Niner offense. And Hurts will once again make the plays he has to make to win the game.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
This game won't even be close the 49ers are the best team in football and Philly will finally be exposed for the frauds that they really are. Luck will run out finally for them. Bills totally outplayed them, and the Bills are not the team that we thought they were going to be this year.
I don't think they will be exposed as frauds if they lose. They'll still have the best record in football and, if they lose, will have won 26 of their last 29 games. They are a very good team whether they win or lose.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I had to look out of curiosity.

Since 2014, they've played 5 games.

Out of the 5, philly has won 3, san fran 2.

Total point win by philly for those 3 was 52 points

Total point win by 49'ers was 11 points

Personally, I think it will be a toss up because they're playing in philly and at the end of the day, say what you will about philly, they just don't seem to make as many stupid mistakes as their opponent and they don't give up (I would have bet at halftime they would have lost agasint the bills, and I don't bet).

Made me look at the cowboys vs 49'rs

Since 2014, san fan has won 4 and dallas won 3. Ironcially enough, out of those 4 the 49'ers have won, 3 of those wins have been over the last 2 years.