Eagles or Commanders?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Since it's impossible for both the Eagles and Commanders to lose tonight, who are we supposed to root for tonight? Which team winning/losing benefits us the most? My instincts tell me the Eagles are more of a threat, and any losses by them will benefit us the most, but like Natalie Imbruglia, I'm torn. Let me know, and don't be afraid to include statistics, if you have them.

A tie

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Since it's impossible for both the Eagles and Commanders to lose tonight, who are we supposed to root for tonight? Which team winning/losing benefits us the most? My instincts tell me the Eagles are more of a threat, and any losses by them will benefit us the most, but like Natalie Imbruglia, I'm torn. Let me know, and don't be afraid to include statistics, if you have them.
it depends if you believe that the goal of football is to have a better record than your opponents than the answer is Philly

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
I hate the Eagles so much that I dont think I can root for them, but my prefered outcome outside of a tie would be Philly get a tough win. Then we basically sit in the drivers seat. We just need to take care of business and who cares what happens elsewhere in the NFL. Plus i Want the satisfaction of crushing Phillys dreams next week!!!

eastsideboy

Reaction score
If the Cowboys win next week and the Eagles sweep the Commanders the Cowboys are winning this division. It's a lock.

But I hate the Eagles more than I love the Cowboys. Always have.

I got feathers on my head and a pig snout on my nose. Hail, bros.

fdf0ea351de7c597a6a1429cda255056.jpg

Give it a little tappy tap.
no offense but if you hate another team more than you love your own team you should probably do some self evaluation

GenoT

Reaction score
There's no debate that's the best outcome just do the math
Never liked depending on other teams to do what we should do ourselves.

If you wanna win a Chip, you gotta win out in the postseason. We might as well practice that in these next four games.

Verdict

Reaction score
Eagles as we would then be a full game ahead of both teams, Commanders will have lost a second division game. We could then beat the Eagles next week and be only one win or one loss for them away from eliminating them as a threat to us. They play again at the end of the season so both could not win that game either.

I think we need the Eagles to win and put us alone in first place.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Probably but this ain't the same team that lost to the Titans either.

It's the exact same team.

Football is all about match-ups. Sometimes one team matches up well for 60 minutes with another, and has a solid, effective gameplan.

Any thinking that the Cowboys have "turned the corner" and have instantly become some juggernaut after that 3-point ugly win, thinking they are going to win all the rest and go 11-5, it likely ain't gonna happen...because some team or teams are going to match up well with the Cowboys and will have a more effective game plan than Marinelli and Linehan will muster.

It's the same team, the same coaches, and the same HC...so expect inconsistency, which is why this team is 7-5, and not 10-2.

Verdict

Reaction score
I know mathematically I'm supposed to root for the Eagles, but I hate them a lot more than the Commanders at this point. So at the end of the day (or night rather) I'm cool either way. I love it when I'm able to watch a divisional game this late in the season and be fine with either team losing.

The problem is one of these teams will benefit with the win tonight and at the rematch later.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Double post. Sorry.

BTW, I hope the Skins win, because they're less of a threat with McCoy, obviously.

And still hoping teams like the Seahawks and Panthers lose though, Vikings too.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The Cowboys? I dont give a damn who wins. Dallas still has to play 4 games. They take care of business they'll get to where they wanna go.

IlliniNation

Reaction score
If we could look into the future and know we won the next two games for sure, then I'd take Washington to win. There would be a chance we could host Washington then in the WC round. I would like that matchup.