Eagles plan to stick with Jalen Hurts

Flamma

Reaction score
Notice it says he's earned the right to start in 2022, which I can't say I totally agree with. But, he doesn't say he's earned the right for season after season. If the Eagles are smart they don't pay him and move on after next year. But, I'll take him starting. Lol

Of course they're not going to pay Hurts after next year. Imagine paying Hurts 40+ million a year? They would be the laughing stock of pro sports. We're lucky that the next draft has no really good quarterbacks, because the Eagles have the capital to acquire one.

Flamma

Reaction score
Committ to a QB who can’t throw the ball. Cool. Sounds like something our stupid team would do.

It's basically a result of a lack of options. They have Minshew, who I believe is miles above Hurts, but they insist on Hurts. And I keep seeing these people who keep telling me the Eagles are playing people that give them the best chance to win. Then why do they insist on playing Reagor? Clearly he is not the player that gives them the best chance to win. Yet they continue to play him because he was a first round pick. Hurts is not a dual threat quarterback. He's a running threat. That's it.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
Of course they're not going to pay Hurts after next year. Imagine paying Hurts 40+ million a year? They would be the laughing stock of pro sports. We're lucky that the next draft has no really good quarterbacks, because the Eagles have the capital to acquire one.

I think you are correct. They have real GM. They won't pay him like the Cowboys paid Dak, would be my guess. Unless he takes a deal worth his level of play. We will see.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
It's basically a result of a lack of options. They have Minshew, who I believe is miles above Hurts, but they insist on Hurts. And I keep seeing these people who keep telling me the Eagles are playing people that give them the best chance to win. Then why do they insist on playing Reagor? Clearly he is not the player that gives them the best chance to win. Yet they continue to play him because he was a first round pick. Hurts is not a dual threat quarterback. He's a running threat. That's it.

I forget they have Minshew. I also think he's better. Shoot he played pretty darn good in Jacksonville. Wanted the Cowboys to trade for him.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think you are correct. They have real GM. They won't pay him like the Cowboys paid Dak, would be my guess. Unless he takes a deal worth his level of play. We will see.

That's the thing. Do any rookie QBs do that? They usually force you to pay them market value or find someone else. The Eagles will not extend him after 3 years. He might even play a 4th year while the Eagles look for a replacement. In their case, they're not losing much. In our case, and even though Dak is no great QB, he's not easily replaced.

shabazz

Reaction score

……we can only hope that he actually has a good season and then the collective sports media will not tolerate him not being the face of the Eagles…..never underestimate the power of the “press”

blueblood70

Reaction score
they better get defense, LB, and cb because we hung 40 and 50 on them over two games LOL

Hurts isnt bad , sometimes you have to develop a guy takes 3-4 years before you give up on them.

Flamma

Reaction score
……we can only hope that he actually has a good season and then the collective sports media will not tolerate him not being the face of the Eagles…..never underestimate the power of the “press”

We can only hope. Imagine if they paid him 40+ mil. a year? That would be disastrous.

75boyz

Reaction score
Agreed. They have 3 1st round picks though and aren't held back by a silly expensive contract for their not worth it QB.

Well said. They got as far as Dallas "BUT ALSO" have 3 first round picks...

Yup,
great point.

AND the albatross QB contract, lol.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
That's the thing. Do any rookie QBs do that? They usually force you to pay them market value or find someone else. The Eagles will not extend him after 3 years. He might even play a 4th year while the Eagles look for a replacement. In their case, they're not losing much. In our case, and even though Dak is no great QB, he's not easily replaced.

I totally agree, Hurts will think he's worth top dollar. Difference being he isn't being propped up as much as Dak, that may make a difference. I'm not so certain Dak is that difficult to replace. I think many veterans around the league could do it. Obviously not now with his contract and no trade clause. But, I've been wrong many times before!

Flamma

Reaction score
I totally agree, Hurts will think he's worth top dollar. Difference being he isn't being propped up as much as Dak, that may make a difference. I'm not so certain Dak is that difficult to replace. I think many veterans around the league could do it. Obviously not now with his contract and no trade clause. But, I've been wrong many times before!

Dak is difficult to replace in that he is a decent pocket passer with a modicum of pocket presence. Jalen Hurts has neither. Dak is also not injury prone, nor is he reckless with the ball. That's not easily replaced. Did you see that pass Murray threw from his endzone? I just think we need to focus on our D and offensive line. Figure out why our offense sputters against teams and hope it's not because of Dak.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Basically they saw the qb draft class and said our guy we have right now is better