Eagles release S Kevin Byard

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
All the cowboys haters were telling us that this was a colossal blunder by the team and that the Eagles had, once again, dominated us with the peoples elbow off the top rope.
I think it's more like...they try. They keep swinging....and if it doesn't work, the tear it down and start swinging with bold moves again.

When it doesn't work for US, we respond by giving the mistake a brand new 180 million dollar contract, and keep doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over x28 more overs.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I think it's more like...they try. They keep swinging....and if it doesn't work, the tear it down and start swinging with bold moves again.

When it doesn't work for US, we respond by giving the mistake a brand new 180 million dollar contract, and keep doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over x28 more overs.
Cowboys trades
  • Cooks
  • Gilmore
  • Igbinoghene
  • Lance
Eagles trades
  • Swift
  • Byard
Swinging?

I think there’s this narrative born out of jealousy of Howie that the Eagles are masterminds but they aren’t really much more active than any other team and don’t really hit any more often either, especially with trades and free agents.

The one move that everyone fixates on is drafting Hurts when they still had Wentz. Was that really a genius move? Is Hurts any better than what the Cowboys have?

As to trades, I’d argue the Cowboys trades were better than the Eagles last year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And some freaked out on here...why didn't Jerry do that trade
I remember reading that thread. Most were praising the Eagles for continuing to add to the possible championship roster. All while Jerry was sitting on his hands doing nothing. Yeah good times.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I remember reading that thread. Most were praising the Eagles for continuing to add to the possible championship roster. All while Jerry was sitting on his hands doing nothing. Yeah good times.
So, not making a terrible trade was a mistake?

Gambit

Reaction score
Not winning a championship isn’t the complaint
Goal post moving again.
All we have heard is how utterly bereft each player, coach, trainer, water boy, ground keeper, cleaning crew, owner, food delivery people, janitorial staff are because we've not even reached a NFCCG in 28 years.

Now, we are to believe no, that's not the true complaint. The true complaint is a
refusal to change a philosophy/structure that has repeatedly been proven to not work.
Got it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Goal post moving again.
All we have heard is how utterly bereft each player, coach, trainer, water boy, ground keeper, cleaning crew, owner, food delivery people, janitorial staff are because we've not even reached a NFCCG in 28 years.

Now, we are to believe no, that's not the true complaint. The true complaint is a

Got it.
Well there’s a distinct difference between REACHING an NFCCG and winning a championship.

I’ve never complained about what you apparently claim I have, and it’s hardly the fault of those folks.

Wasn’t “moving the goal post” what some people figured was the newest catchy phrase like three years ago?

Either way, feel free to move the goal post back to where I have a shot to understand what in the hell you’re trying to say….

Carson

Reaction score
Right. It happens. I'd still rather see our front office take stabs at improving the team than do nothing of substance and pretend like we're going to get better.
100% agreed

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many are bashing the Philly and/or Dallas FO on this. It was known at the time of the trade that it might just be for one season. Heck, even the link provided by lkelly below says as much. It was a one year rental.

In hindsight, these grades may not be very accurate:

Byard trade grades