Eagles release S Kevin Byard

Gambit

Reaction score
Well there’s a distinct difference between REACHING an NFCCG and winning a championship.

I’ve never complained about what you apparently claim I have, and it’s hardly the fault of those folks.

Wasn’t “moving the goal post” what some people figured was the newest catchy phrase like three years ago?

Either way, feel free to move the goal post back to where I have a shot to understand what in the hell you’re trying to say….
I'm not capable of moving it that far back.

Why does the date of a phrase concern you so much you make it a point to mention it? Seems like an odd thing to focus on. But hey, rant on.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Cowboys trades
  • Cooks
  • Gilmore
  • Igbinoghene
  • Lance
Eagles trades
  • Swift
  • Byard
Swinging?

I think there’s this narrative born out of jealousy of Howie that the Eagles are masterminds but they aren’t really much more active than any other team and don’t really hit any more often either, especially with trades and free agents.

The one move that everyone fixates on is drafting Hurts when they still had Wentz. Was that really a genius move? Is Hurts any better than what the Cowboys have?

As to trades, I’d argue the Cowboys trades were better than the Eagles last year.
The Eagles traded multiple 1's for Wentz, won a Superbowl, tore it all down, shipped Wentz away once they thought he wasnt a Championship QB any longer, completely rebuilt the team and coaching staff feom foundation up, with a new Franchise QB and went back to another SuperBowl that a lot of people feel the refs helped the Chiefs squeak by the better team. All within the span of 5 years. That's called AGRESSIVELY managing a team...not getting comfortable.

Dak was our QB that whole time. Choking in the playoffs that whole time. We're basically the same "thing" we are now, as we were in 2017, were when they won it all with a completely different team than they have now.

They completely reinvented themselves.....good or bad....while Jerruh just keeps the same thing, because he's content being #1 in revenue.

Those couple of little trades you mentioned are nothing....every team does those sorts of things every year.

I'm talking about making over the team. Making a NEW team.

We have the same team. Some players may have changed...but it's the same team...and we all know it. And if Hurts doesn't return to MVP form, you think they'll offer him a 180 million extension? Hail no, they'll ship his azz out of town and rebuild again

Creeper

Reaction score

What we thought was another eagles wow trade ended up being a dud!!!

I never thought this was a good trade for the Eagles. Titans fans were happy to see him go. He was washed up when he played there. Huge liability in pass coverage.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The Eagles traded multiple 1's for Wentz, won a Superbowl, tore it all down, shipped Wentz away once they thought he wasnt a Championship QB any longer, completely rebuilt the team and coaching staff feom foundation up, with a new Franchise QB and went back to another SuperBowl that a lot of people feel the refs helped the Chiefs squeak by the better team. All within the span of 5 years. That's called AGRESSIVELY managing a team...not getting comfortable.

Dak was our QB that whole time. Choking in the playoffs that whole time. We're basically the same "thing" we are now, as we were in 2017, were when they won it all with a completely different team than they have now.

They completely reinvented themselves.....good or bad....while Jerruh just keeps the same thing, because he's content being #1 in revenue.

Those couple of little trades you mentioned are nothing....every team does those sorts of things every year.

I'm talking about making over the team. Making a NEW team.

We have the same team. Some players may have changed...but it's the same team...and we all know it. And if Hurts doesn't return to MVP form, you think they'll offer him a 180 million extension? Hail no, they'll ship his azz out of town and rebuild again
The “ship his azz out of town” part isn’t likely. His contract, which won’t even be top ten in the league soon, is nonetheless monstrous, only goes into effect this month, but like Prescott’s has a no trade clause. They’re pretty much committed to him like it or not.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
All I hear in here are how great the Eagles front office is. They really missed on alot of Free Agents over the last 2 years.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
All I hear in here are how great the Eagles front office is. They really missed on alot of Free Agents over the last 2 years.
Yet only ten teams have more cap space than Philadelphia. Only five have less than the Cowboys. You can take some chances when you spend your money prudently.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many are bashing the Philly and/or Dallas FO on this. It was known at the time of the trade that it might just be for one season. Heck, even the link provided by lkelly below says as much. It was a one year rental.
And it still may not be only for 1 season. His 2024 cap # was set up in such a way that it had to be terminated whether he was staying or not. It’s still entirely possible he’s back in Philadelphia next season

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cowboys trades
  • Cooks
  • Gilmore
  • Igbinoghene
  • Lance
Eagles trades
  • Swift
  • Byard
Swinging?

I think there’s this narrative born out of jealousy of Howie that the Eagles are masterminds but they aren’t really much more active than any other team and don’t really hit any more often either, especially with trades and free agents.

The one move that everyone fixates on is drafting Hurts when they still had Wentz. Was that really a genius move? Is Hurts any better than what the Cowboys have?

As to trades, I’d argue the Cowboys trades were better than the Eagles last year.
While I agree with you, I will say that Hurts is much better (or at least successful so far) than Wentz. So drafting him was a good move.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score

What we thought was another eagles wow trade ended up being a dud!!!

Lol but he was a steal, once I saw Ferguson punk him I knew he left his persona in Tenn! lol I loved every bit of it, keep telling my pigeon buddies secondary players go there to die. All but slay and samuel.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I'm as big a shegals hater as there is....but at least, you identify your screw ups and cut them right away. Move on. Not linger and hold on to them to protect your inflated ego and act like you found the diamond in the rough.