Twitter: Eagles request to interview Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think Jerry has will hold Moore back.
Anyone holding any employee hostage because of a contract has a timed released problem just waiting.

I've never heard anyone complain about working for Booger and the guy that has the toughest job is Rich Dalrymple with Booger demanding he and the team be the most exposed in the sports world.

Many of these guys use these opportunities to get bumps. And sometimes it's only about that.

Back when AR was looking for a HC, the then AD, Long, let it leak that he was talking to Les Miles. Miles got a 1M bump in 3 days. Bielema had already agreed to take the job. Turns out Long and Miles had been friends for years.

Isn't it about time for Will McClay's name to get dropped and get him a new deal?

boysfanindc

Reaction score
That’s the only logical assumption
But a coach who won with nick foles I would listen to
The owner obviously thinks he knows better
What coach would want to bet their career on a guy that a good coach couldn’t make an nfl QB
I thought Wentz could be a good QB but he just hasn’t grown as a player

Imagine a owner with ego that thinks he is the smartest guy in the room even when he is surrounded by football guys whose job it is to know, I guess we have seen that before.

ESisback

Reaction score
Smart move by the Eagles. They putting this story out there so Jerry would think Moore is valuable. Jerry will now hold in to Moore, for the next three years, assuring Dallas an 8-8 record over that span.

Genius!
I agree, but what makes it smarter is that they win either way. Either Dallas keeps him and remains mediocre OR they hurt Dallas by taking a valuable piece. At the VERY LEAST, they muddy the waters, making the Cowboys and some of their fans get paranoid and stressed out.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Then why have teams denied that before? And why did they ask permission?

Teams have denied interviews for lateral moves which they can but not for promotions. I'm not sure why they ask for permission other than that lets the team know another team will be talking to one of their coaches. I think is to stop a coach going to his owner and saying that oh by the way I interviewed with (team name) for the head coaching job and I'm leaving. Have a good day.

Froski

Reaction score
I agree, but what makes it smarter is that they win either way. Either Dallas keeps him and remains mediocre OR they hurt Dallas by taking a valuable piece. At the VERY LEAST, they muddy the waters, making the Cowboys and some of their fans get paranoid and stressed out.
Bruh you actually think the eagles are smart?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The most concerning thing about Kellen Moore re-signing as OC with the Cowboys is it leaves the potential that he’s being groomed as the Cowboys next HC. I don’t want to see another decade of a Cowboys HC going through on the job training. If he were to leave for Philly and take over as their HC that would eliminate that possibility. I see too many similarities between the Garrett hire in the early 2000s and the Kellen Moore hire. Looks like another Jerry Jones project being groomed to take over his team.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If he really wanted to be a head coach that bad he could have taken the Boise State job and gotten some experience being a head coach before trying to be one in the NFL.
Taking HC at Boise is a step down from OC Dallas. He has his sights on a bigger fish.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree with all that, but drawing up cool plays and understanding offense concepts is wildly different than taking on a CEO role over everybody in the locker room.

I actually think he could do it, but not yet.
You go when the phone rings.

Doesn’t matter whether we think he’s ready or not.

The youth movement in coaching is on and as long as they are having success it will continue.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taking HC at Boise is a step down from OC Dallas. He has his sights on a bigger fish.
You think any Dallas coaching jobs are all that special? I would say taking over the entire program at a school in the rankings every year isn't a step down from an OC job in the NFL.

The colleges don't change their coaches out 20-25% a year every year, I'd say the NFL coaches are not that special.

Some want to paint on the college canvass and some on the NFL but I wouldn't say that the NFLers are that much better than the college guys. It was the NFL that went running to Saban to see how to stop the spread offense.

The NFL takes the best from college and the product is not much better. I've seen better tackling at the college level.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not every play is designed to go the distance and good OC's will call those runs up the middle to wear on the D and to set them up for something later.

I am not saying Moore is exceptional but I do respect Chris Peterson and what Moore did with his marginal size and talent at BSU was pretty impressive. He did a lot of that with his mind so I am not sure we've seen the complete package yet.

I wouldn't hold the musical chairs of 2020 against him but before he lost his QB, they were on a record pace. Then they lost OL and that affected the timing and resulted in putting a governor on the play calling. Struggling offense and a bad defense isn't a good combination.
It’s all about the talent. If Moore lands a great QB and has a solid defense he could set the league on fire.

Chargers is where I’d sell my soul to go right now.

conner01

Reaction score
Imagine a owner with ego that thinks he is the smartest guy in the room even when he is surrounded by football guys whose job it is to know, I guess we have seen that before.
We have but I think Jerry has learned and does take much more input than he once did
We did get little Johnny lol

75boyz

Reaction score
Smart move by the Eagles. They putting this story out there so Jerry would think Moore is valuable. Jerry will now hold in to Moore, for the next three years, assuring Dallas an 8-8 record over that span.

Genius!

Exactly. Where 8-8 is no longer a punchline. It has actually become the Arlington Jonesboy Daksters winning standard. Started by the previous HC and 'hopefully' can be achieved and sustained by the current one.

The new Cowboy Way. Or kinda the same old way come to think of it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bruh you actually think the eagles are smart?
I thought they were at one time but then they hired Kelly and empowered him as a GM and pulled that Dream Team deal. Then you get Snyder and his Griffin's My Guy silliness.

I do not think it is a coincidence that the East was the worst division, they have the worst owners, GM's and coaches. They had 3 new HC's and the winner was 7-9 and 1 and done. And Andy Reid is making Lurie look like the biggest chump in the league. They could have had that KC offense in PHL.

The Giants would be as screwed up but Mara spends all his time huddling with Goodell to see how they can jack with the Cowboys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I thought they were at one time but then they hired Kelly and empowered him as a GM and pulled that Dream Team deal. Then you get Snyder and his Griffin's My Guy silliness.

I do not think it is a coincidence that the East was the worst division, they have the worst owners, GM's and coaches. They had 3 new HC's and the winner was 7-9 and 1 and done. And Andy Reid is making Lurie look like the biggest chump in the league. They could have had that KC offense in PHL.

The Giants would be as screwed up but Mara spends all his time huddling with Goodell to see how they can jack with the Cowboys.
Yep

Don’t forget our division has arguably the worst QB’s cumulatively and why if Dak was healthy probably ran thru division easily with 8 or 9 wins.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Chiefs success is more about Mahomes than Reid. He wasn’t going anywhere with Alex Smith.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A billionaire owner that pays his football guys peanuts, comparatively speaking. Yeah, I can see how he would think that he knows what he wants his team to look like. Pay a player 130 million and then your HC wants to bench him for a rookie instead of coaching him up. I'd fire him too, especially after he lost most of his team with that embarrassing tanking in the last game. How can Pedersen say he wants Hurts instead of saying it would be an open competition? How? Because, he wanted out and manipulated the situation. That's my take.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly. Where 8-8 is no longer a punchline. It has actually become the Arlington Jonesboy Daksters winning standard. Started by the previous HC and 'hopefully' can be achieved and sustained by the current one.

The new Cowboy Way. Or kinda the same old way come to think of it.
8-8 represents “ relative and interesting”.

Jethro can sell the hell out 8-8 year after year. But not 5-11 or 6-10.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chiefs success is more about Mahomes than Reid. He wasn’t going anywhere with Alex Smith.
Who do you think is responsible for Mahomes being a Chief? That was Reid all the way. Smith was a stopgap measure until he could get a QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.