Twitter: Eagles request to interview Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Gotta love the Moore haters. Just goes to show how little they understand the game. The entire football world is trying to pry him away from Dallas from the college level to the pro's.

Does Jerry give him some kind of guarantee like he did the hapless Garrett?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't Jerry have the ability to block an interview, kinda like he did with Eberflus a few years ago?
no. you can only block a non headcoaching interview/hire from what i remember because all positions under head coach (including asst hc) are considered lateral moves. you can only block laeral moves.

I think if it is for a HC, it can't be blocked. They used to be able to for assistant coaches, OC, DC. But now I think if it is a promotion, they can't block it. As you said, only lateral moves. I think this was changed 2 or 3 years ago about not blocking any promotion.

Last edited:

dfense

Reaction score
Some of these comments just prove to me how many Cowboy fans love to wallow in mediocrity.

With 4 different starting QB's and a patchwork Oline they were 200 yards out of the 6th most productive offense yards wise. Yeah, let's get rid of that guy.

Vandyr

Reaction score
No, Garrett needed to go. Moore is nothing like Garrett.

Moore is exactly like Garrett. Same vanilla play calling. Always running up the middle for no gain, spreading out receivers on long developing pass plays when you need short yardage. Lack of slants and screens. They are one and the same as far as I'm concerned. I have seen absolutely nothing to show me otherwise.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Does this mean I get to stop hyperventilating about Lincoln Riley?

Bigdog

Reaction score
I don't even think he can block anyone can he?
I don’t think he can for HC. I know he has when it was a horizontal position but he does not when it comes to HC because he can’t and I think he likes to give people the opportunity to better themselves.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore is exactly like Garrett. Same vanilla play calling. Always running up the middle for no gain, spreading out receivers on long developing pass plays when you need short yardage. Lack of slants and screens. They are one and the same as far as I'm concerned. I have seen absolutely nothing to show me otherwise.

Still a work in progress. With MM there, he will develop his style and should improve.
I rag on him at times, and in the game threads. But he is taking Garrett's system and refining it to his and MM's. If he stays will see what happens with it next season.

I am still on the fence though.

erod

Reaction score
Kellen is as safe as your favorite pair of slippers.
There are only 32 of these jobs, and iron is only hot for a while for a coach.

If Philly offers him the head coaching job, he'd be dumb not to take it.

I don't think they'll offer it to him though.

Rayman70

Reaction score
let him leave to philly. THEN go get Doug Pederson and make him our OC immediately.

Gaede

Reaction score
Moore is a really really good coaching prospect. I would hate to lose him.

But there is NO way he's ready to be HC on the NFL. So I totally support him becoming head coach of the Eagles.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Moore is a really really good coaching prospect. I would hate to lose him.

But there is NO way he's ready to be HC on the NFL. So I totally support him becoming head coach of the Eagles.
DOUG PEDERSON has very close MM ties and IS available. He can be our OC. Hit the ground running.

erod

Reaction score
Still a work in progress. With MM there, he will develop his style and should improve.
I rag on him at times, and in the game threads. But he is taking Garrett's system and refining it to his and MM's. If he stays will see what happens with it next season.

I am still on the fence though.
McCarthy's "system" was having Brett Farve and Aaron Rodgers his entire career.

Moore is a better OC than McCarthy right now and even before he got here.

Status
Not open for further replies.