Eagles sign Levens

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Waffle said:
It's funny how the national media doesn't seem to question (yet) "how much gas is left in the tank" when it comes to Dorsey Levens. Levens makes Eddie George look like a teenager in comparison. I guess because it's Philly, the move will be probably be labeled as "brilliant." Didn't Andy Reid know Adrian Murrell was still available??

Before any of you Philly fans flame me, I know that he won't get very many carries/catches. But I just think it's ridiculous how the media loves Philly right now since their true darlings, the 49ers, are going to suck so badly this season.

Same thing rings true for Deion. He couldn't play 3 years ago and now they think he is the still the best cover CB walking the face of the earth. I hope he does come back because he will get torched in my opinion.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJM1613 said:
Also, the media clearly hates us, they are routing for us to fail for the 4th straight time and have Owens destroy our locker room.

Now that is an elite group I wish I were a part of.

Instead I am only one small voice out of millions of voices all around the world that think the same way. :D

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
That puts you in the minority. Sorry.

wow, really? i find that difficult to believe. do you live in dallas? maybe as a native he's not as impressive, but for someone who doesn't get to read a ton of 'boys articles, i LOVE him.

i think all his stuff is really on target, and he writes with tremendous style.

but even if you don't like him, he's definitely a great writer who knows a ton about the 'boys.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
phillycowboyslover said:
wow, really? i find that difficult to believe. do you live in dallas? maybe as a native he's not as impressive, but for someone who doesn't get to read a ton of 'boys articles, i LOVE him.

i think all his stuff is really on target, and he writes with tremendous style.

but even if you don't like him, he's definitely a great writer who knows a ton about the 'boys.

No I live in Kansas. He is a pretty good writer in general. Just not real popular. Stick with us all season and you will find out why. Since there are about a dozen article posten in here each day, you will soon learn.

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
No I live in Kansas. He is a pretty good writer in general. Just not real popular. Stick with us all season and you will find out why. Since there are about a dozen article posten in here each day, you will soon learn.

haha, ok, will do!

kansas huh?!! god bless AMERICA'S team!!!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
phillycowboyslover said:
yea, i don't see this being a super effective move.

how good can he be if no one had him?

Well........Philly had to do SOMETHING at RB. Levens isn't what he once was, but he's a much needed body.

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
haha, ok, will do!

kansas huh?!! god bless AMERICA'S team!!!

That's two C'boy fans that's slapped you up side your head and all you do is smile and acquiesce. You need to grow some sllab! You cannot be from Philly. Pluto ...is that you?

Now try to read into that one carefully, you missed "Mickey." :D lol, lol, lol

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I hate being right all the time. :rolleyes:

Just look at the numbers from 2002, the last time he was here, they were great.

After doing some research, I think you might be right about this Levens guy! I mean he did rush for 197 yards on 68 carries, which gives him a about a 2.89 yard per carry average!

Wow, I'm not sure there is a defense out there that can stop that! You eagle fans should be proud...you done did yourself good wit this guy... :D

AJM1613

Reaction score
Mkyle said:
After doing some research, I think you might be right about this Levens guy! I mean he did rush for 197 yards on 68 carries, which gives him a about a 2.89 yard per carry average!

Wow, I'm not sure there is a defense out there that can stop that! You eagle fans should be proud...you done did yourself good wit this guy... :D

****...Do you really think he lost that much of a step in one year? IT WAS THE GIANTS, they take all of our former players and make them look terrible.

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
****...Do you really think he lost that much of a step in one year? IT WAS THE GIANTS, they take all of our former players and make them look terrible.

let me ask you this....if Levens is SO GREAT, why wasn't he on anybody's roster...including YOURS...three weeks before the season started?

riddle me that.

AJM1613

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
let me ask you this....if Levens is SO GREAT, why wasn't he on anybody's roster...including YOURS...three weeks before the season started?

riddle me that.

Because we were only going to keep three backs... :confused:

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Because we were only going to keep three backs... :confused:

So, there you go. you have three people just on your team that you think are better.

so, get off his high horse already! he's OVER!

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

LOL, what? ****? Sounds like I hit an eagle nerve! ROTFL...Now your blaming it on the Giants? Typical eagle fan...it's always somebody else's problem...everything the eagles do is great, everything everybody else does is wrong! LMAO...

I may be wrong, but, it seems to me that the Giants have been in a couple of SuperBowls, maybe won 1 or 2, I don't know...yet your team....well...you know that answer, right?

But, like I said, "stay proud, dude"...you got a good one with this Levens guy, even if the Giants did screw him up! LMAO....I'm sure that BIG Andy will turn him into a 1300 yard rusher...

Damn Giants, anyway! :D

AJM1613

Reaction score
Mkyle said:
LOL, what? ****? Sounds like I hit an eagle nerve! ROTFL...Now your blaming it on the Giants? Typical eagle fan...it's always somebody else's problem...everything the eagles do is great, everything everybody else does is wrong! LMAO...

I may be wrong, but, it seems to me that the Giants have been in a couple of SuperBowls, maybe won 1 or 2, I don't know...yet your team....well...you know that answer, right?

But, like I said, "stay proud, dude"...you got a good one with this Levens guy, even if the Giants did screw him up! LMAO....I'm sure that BIG Andy will turn him into a 1300 yard rusher...

Damn Giants, anyway! :D

Oh okay buddy...what ever...

BTW: They won two, they wern't too long ago, you should know that.

Reaction score
Mkyle said:
LOL, what? ****? Sounds like I hit an eagle nerve!

Well, well, well, you've uncovered one of our EagLe secrets ...we're alergic to dumb assets, like the kind you are spewing about Levens. Levens hasn't even taken a snap and you're already throwing a flag from last Years penalties! *** over?

Listen, Levens will have a different offensive Line than he had before, he does have the potential to beat on, and weaken defensive lines (btw, you'd better check out the C'boy defensive unit some more before you give them a clean Bill of health), and by your own admittance, he'll come through every time in a "3rd and "2" or short yardage first downs! One more little thing, while your CBs are worrying about TO, Levens will be busting through your lines.

Oh, no doubt, we can use Levens for many different offensive strategies; including a big body to block for Westbrook, or Mahe.

So, the next time you take the top off of the glue, use it for model airplanes! :cool:

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
"So, the next time you take the top off of the glue, use it for model airplanes!"

LOL, I don't sniff glue, my man! I only smell Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, and admire SuperBowl Trophys!

You go ahead and count on your NEW man, Levens! When our teams play, the Cowboy defense won't even have to worry about him...

...all that worrying will be done by you eaglet fans! You poor suckers! ;>)

Maybe "next year"...The eagle mantra....

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
That's two C'boy fans that's slapped you up side your head and all you do is smile and acquiesce. You need to grow some sllab! You cannot be from Philly. Pluto ...is that you?

Now try to read into that one carefully, you missed "Mickey." :D lol, lol, lol
Coming from a philthy fan that has to get sense shoved into him daily, I think he'd take it as a compliment.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
LOL! Well said. But you may eat your words about Levens. :cool:

WE may wind up hating Owens, Westbrook, McNipple (sorry couldn't resist...just sounded funny), your TEs getting open....or the magic of what Jimmy Johnson can do with his defense....but for some reason...I kind of doubt we will worry about Levens.

But hey that is just me.