Twitter: Eagles sign Wentz to 4 year extension for $128 million

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Why don't you tell us what the proper reaction for a player that by all respected accounts is middle of the pack at his position getting nearly 20% of the cap?

Well, I'd personally say that he's more worthy of the money than Wentz is. So, I'd say well done to Dak if he gets $32 mil like I reckon he might. He's done much more than I thought he'd do as a 4th rounder. And, unlike Wentz, he's yet to miss a game *knock on tree wood*.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Why don't you tell us what the proper reaction for a player that by all respected accounts is middle of the pack at his position getting nearly 20% of the cap?
The PROPER reaction for FANS to make when ANY player signs for ANY amount of money should be "well, I hope it works out."

Anything more drastic than that is just stupidity and shows a serious case of entitlement issues.

You would be absolutely pissed if Dak went to your boss and somehow had YOUR pay dropped to waiter level but without tips. Yet somehow fans are entitled enough to think they should have a say in what players salaries are in an open market.

Again, stupidity.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
Not surprised at 32 million. A little bit surprised at 107 million guaranteed and 4 year term. It's a little bit Cousins-esque.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The PROPER reaction for FANS to make when ANY player signs for ANY amount of money should be "well, I hope it works out."

Anything more drastic than that is just stupidity and shows a serious case of entitlement issues.

You would be absolutely pissed if Dak went to your boss and somehow had YOUR pay dropped to waiter level but without tips. Yet somehow fans are entitled enough to think they should have a say in what players salaries are in an open market.

Again, stupidity.
Your logic on this one makes no sense. No random can goto your boss and have your salary dropped just like we can’t have Dak’s salary dropped. This is a message game people post their opinions agree with them or not so all this grandstanding about entitlement makes no sense at all good sir. We all are posting our opinions.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Wentz should be paid more; he helped his team reach a super bowl. Foles did the rest, of course, but Wentz helped get them there. Dak, on the other hand, has those awesome NFCE championships to brag about.
Wentz was hurt before the playoffs so he did not take them to the Super Bowl, Foles did that!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The "caliber of Dak" is a funny statement. There were about 3 qbs come into the league the "caliber of Dak" just last season.

That's like saying let's go out and eat dinner at a place that's the caliber of Ihop.
Which 3 rookie QBs last year went 13-3, threw for 29 TDs and rushed for 6 more TDs, broke the NFL record with number of passes before throwing a INT, ended with less than 4 INTs, completed more than 67% and went to the playoffs after winning their division?

Little Jr

Reaction score
You really going to argue whether it's 18 vs 20%?
Well, first, it's 17 vs 20%. 2nd, yes I'm going to argue when the difference is 32m and being the 4th highest paid vs 37.6m and being the top paid by 2m. That's a big difference. Even As a Dak Fan, if they gave him 37.6m, i would be pissed.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Whenever I think I’m doing nothing with my life, I like to remember I’ve earned as many Super Bowl rings as Carson Wentz.
So who did you play for Dylan? Like it or not Wentz was on the team and won a ring. He has one and unless I am missing something you have zero.

It's embarrassing seeing the willful hating idiocy from this fambase.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So who did you play for Dylan? Like it or not Wentz was on the team and won a ring. He has one and unless I am missing something you have zero.

What do you think about Garrett?

SackMaster

Reaction score
Your logic on this one makes no sense. No random can goto your boss and have your salary dropped just like we can’t have Dak’s salary dropped. This is a message game people post their opinions agree with them or not so all this grandstanding about entitlement makes no sense at all good sir. We all are posting our opinions.
Opinions are one thing. How one should react, which is exactly what was asked, is another.

In the state of Texas, an employer can reduce employee's salaries at any time and does not need any justification to do so. Their only responsibility is that they must notify the employee before the new wage goes into effect and any hours at the new rate is worked.

But if the employer reduces the employee's wage by 20% or more, that can be considered a just reason for the employee to quit and qualify for unemployment at the rate the employee made prior to the pay reduction.

So if one works in the State of Texas, their boss can reduce their pay if a "random" convinces them to do so. I will go ahead and concede, that's not likely, but it is possible in some states like Texas

In any case, my point remains. The way fans should REACT when a player is signed is for them to hope that it all works out. They can have their opinions of the signing, good, bad or indifferent, but to react in a strong way shows a lack of maturity and is a complete waste of time.
:thumbup:

gmoney112

Reaction score
Over $100million in guarantees.

Good lord.

So Dak is going to get about 5 years/$160million, about $115-125m guaranteed.

Roughly. Maybe he decides he doesn't need to be a dragon hovering over a mountain of gold. Cap will be fine though. That's all I care about.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The "caliber of Dak" is a funny statement. There were about 3 qbs come into the league the "caliber of Dak" just last season.

That's like saying let's go out and eat dinner at a place that's the caliber of Ihop.
That’s your opinion. I wasn’t impressed with those quarterbacks. Mayfield had a solid rookie year but I’m not interested in any of those guys. Not only that but I didn’t have to waste a top pick in the draft on guys the caliber of Dak.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That’s your opinion. I wasn’t impressed with those quarterbacks. Mayfield had a solid rookie year but I’m not interested in any of those guys. Not only that but I didn’t have to waste a top pick in the draft on guys the caliber of Dak.

Agreed. Mayfield had a solid season last year. Let's see what his sophomore season looks like. The rest of the chaps were not impressive to me.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
That guy has zero career sacks against Philadelphia. I get his comeback, but it’s odd that he’s the one saying it.

That does not mean he does not have TFLs, hits on the QB or applying pressure forcing Wentz into bad decisions.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score

The numbers speak for themselves.

Interceptions: Wentz - 28; Me - 0
Fumbles: Wentz - 32; Me - 0
Incompletions: Wentz - 525; Me - 0
Games Lost: Wentz - 17; Me - 0

I'm a better QB than Carson Wentz