Twitter: Eagles sign Wentz to 4 year extension for $128 million

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Folks need to shut up. Market is set and we don't have the 5th year option in our corner like Philly does.

Johnny23

Reaction score
What do you think about Garrett?
Wentz is a better QB than Garrett. Jason was your typical back up QB who shined the one time we needed him to in that Thanksgiving day game. Typical back up qb. That eventually becomes a coach. I am skeptical of the entire team regardless of Garrett as coach regarding winning the super bowl.

Back ups and injuried players are still apart of the team.

Johnny23

Reaction score
The numbers speak for themselves.

Interceptions: Wentz - 28; Me - 0
Fumbles: Wentz - 32; Me - 0
Incompletions: Wentz - 525; Me - 0
Games Lost: Wentz - 17; Me - 0

I'm a better QB than Carson Wentz
Also O games played

O touchdown 0 completions 0 passing yards

Get over yourself.

stiletto

Reaction score
Would love to see Dak take less for the sake of the team, out perform Wince and become a legend in Dallas. All kidding aside, it is not 100% outside of the realm of possibility as much as many haters think it would be...we'll see..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
the Cowboys are finished if/once they sign Dak to a $32million AAV deal

Fans need to learn from deals like this one that that isn't the case. The Eagles should serve as a prime example that the cap can be manipulated.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Dak is already better than Wentz, has accomplished more, and has a lot more upside as well, so whatever Wentz signed for should be the baseline for Dak’s new deal.

Is this a joke? Dak has more upside? Says who? Scouts say Dak has a low calling. Look at his first 3 years. He hasn’t improved. Matter of fact his best year was his first. Wentz has way more upside. Look at his numbers and has played less games. We can be happy all we want with Dak but saying he has more upside is foolish

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
Not surprised at 32 million. A little bit surprised at 107 million guaranteed and 4 year term. It's a little bit Cousins-esque.

Wentz's 2019 salary is $8.4 million. 5th year option is $22.7 million. I don't know if these amounts are baked into the $107 million guaranteed. Or if the $107 million guaranteed is all new money. It's all in the details. It'll probably take a couple of days for them to be made public.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Would love to see Dak take less for the sake of the team, out perform Wince and become a legend in Dallas. All kidding aside, it is not 100% outside of the realm of possibility as much as many haters think it would be...we'll see..
No QB has and Brady gets paid under the table with his tb12 stuff. Dak's not going to be the first what to take less money.

It's not about being a hater as much as it's being realisticm

stiletto

Reaction score
No QB has and Brady gets paid under the table with his tb12 stuff. Dak's not going to be the first what to take less money.

It's not about being a hater as much as it's being realisticm

My logic is being QB of the Cowboys will allow Dak to take a team friendly deal. Guy has tons of endorsements that come with being a Cowboys QB. He will still get paid but he DOES NOT have to be paid more than Wentz by the Cowboys. He has to play better and help his team win more. He will ultimately make more if he does no matter the contracts given....just my .02.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Is this a joke? Dak has more upside? Says who? Scouts say Dak has a low calling. Look at his first 3 years. He hasn’t improved. Matter of fact his best year was his first. Wentz has way more upside. Look at his numbers and has played less games. We can be happy all we want with Dak but saying he has more upside is foolish
Dak already has better numbers than Wentz and it's widely believed he has more areas to improve in as a passer. By that definition alone he has a higher ceiling. Imagine his numbers once he refines his weaknesses. And unlike Wentz, Dak's progress won't be inhibited by his injuries.

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak already has better numbers than Wentz and it's widely believed he has more areas to improve in a passer. By that definition alone he has a higher ceiling. Imagine his numbers once he refines his weaknesses. And unlike Wentz, Dak's progress won't be inhibited by his injuries.

That's some damn good logic, and Johnny's is really poor using "scouts" since that was three years ago and the "scouts" missed so badly on Dak as it is.

TheStarInFLA

Reaction score
That doesn't mean we should pay elite money to an above average player

Thank you for saying that. I don’t understand why people have zero nuance in this day and age. Just because Dak doesn’t deserve elite money doesn’t mean he’s not an above average QB.

I’m just wondering how we got here? Where everybody wins but the fans! If Dak walks then we play the lottery. All the haters think that another Mahommes
Is right around the corner. I have not forgotten the Quincy Carter and Ryan Leaf years. But if we pay him any of the ridiculous sums being thrown around then we can forget about fielding a championship caliber TEAM in the future. Yikes

TheStarInFLA

Reaction score
If the Cowboys paid that much money to Dak, who got injured two seasons in a row and couldn't finish the season. Then it would get blasted as a terrible move by Cowboys haters and some Cowboys fans alike. But, because it is Wentz and he still receives the benefit of the doubt, for the potential to be great and elite, then this will be seen as genius signing for the Eagles.

And you forgot to add that his back up went to and WON THE SUPER BOWL !! Then we get rid of said Super Bowl winning QB and then hand Dak a 32 mil a year contract?!!? Heads would have exploded including mine.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score

Dak has already proven he can perform with the QB position taking up a significant amount of the team's salary cap. Remember, Romo's contract didn't just disappear in 2016.

Beyond that, that was the 77th highest paid QB last year...Cowboys have already gotten their discount from Dak.

TheStarInFLA

Reaction score
I agree. I know he isn’t perfect. I know he still has things he needs to improve. But I believe in Dak.

Maybe I’m wrong. But I think he is good enough to win a SB. Even with a long term contract for big money.

And you’re right. For some reason some people seem to have no concept about how many first round QB’s either totally bust, or never play better than Dak has so far.
I agree with everything you say but’ “ Even with a long term contract for big money”. I really like Dak but I don’t think he can carry a team by himself so how much money you have left over to pay for talent around him matters....a lot