Twitter: Eagles sign Wentz to 4 year extension for $128 million

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
If Russell isn’t elite, I don’t know what is.

Three of the last four years he’s had 34+ passing TDS and only maxed out at 11 interceptions. All while being insanely efficient.
He’s a super bow champ.
He’s a good guy on and off the field.

He’s one of the highest rated passers ever

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
True, but they could franchise for 2 years (which I wouldn't recommend). So while there's no 5th year option, they do control his rights.

Pay Dak now before he gets even more expensive.
You only control his rights if you apply the franchise tag. That's a tremendous burden on the club, and usually pisses off the player. It also takes your ability to protect another star player from leaving. It's an option, but it doesn't change the fact he's an unrestricted free agent unless and until the FO decides to use it on him. I see it unlikely because it automatically wipes out 30 million at least from the salary cap In one year. That's crippling for signing other players and keeping your own..

Last edited:

MCMetal69

Reaction score
If Russell isn’t elite, I don’t know what is.

Three of the last four years he’s had 34+ passing TDS and only maxed out at 11 interceptions. All while being insanely efficient.
He’s a super bow champ.
He’s a good guy on and off the field.

He’s one of the highest rated passers ever

He's also been saddled with the worst offensive line in comparison to the other top QB's in the league.....................

Big_D

Reaction score
Not one single player is worth the money the NFL throws at these guys. 128 million?? lol Supply and demand I guess, but WOW. I'm betting the greats from the past are wishing they played in a different era! Dak will be next to get 125 mil plus. Sad and ridiculous!

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Lol

You think Dak should be paid near the top? Market value for an average QB is presented with this list.

Slobbering Dak fans are going to limit our potential moving forward.

How much would the "average QB" get if they were entering the market today?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Not one single player is worth the money the NFL throws at these guys. 128 million?? lol Supply and demand I guess, but WOW. I'm betting the greats from the past are wishing they played in a different era! Dak will be next to get 125 mil plus. Sad and ridiculous!

I don't disagree. I think the pay in general for sports has gone overboard, not just the NFL. However it is what it is and it will continue to rise.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Opinions are one thing. How one should react, which is exactly what was asked, is another.

In the state of Texas, an employer can reduce employee's salaries at any time and does not need any justification to do so. Their only responsibility is that they must notify the employee before the new wage goes into effect and any hours at the new rate is worked.

But if the employer reduces the employee's wage by 20% or more, that can be considered a just reason for the employee to quit and qualify for unemployment at the rate the employee made prior to the pay reduction.

So if one works in the State of Texas, their boss can reduce their pay if a "random" convinces them to do so. I will go ahead and concede, that's not likely, but it is possible in some states like Texas

In any case, my point remains. The way fans should REACT when a player is signed is for them to hope that it all works out. They can have their opinions of the signing, good, bad or indifferent, but to react in a strong way shows a lack of maturity and is a complete waste of time.
:thumbup:
The last sentence is made up by you to give yourself the upper hand outside of it maybe being a waste of time. That I can see but hell we all are wasting time even on here so at the end of the day even that doesn't mean much. You just want everybody to basically shut up that isn't on some hooray talk and that's just not how things work. No amount of shaming talk by you me or anybody else is going to change that either because I've definitely done similar things myself.

At least you concede that the chances of a random getting your boss to change your salary is soo small it isn't really worth mentioning. I mean you could be a multi millionaire today if you win the mega millions but that too is not likely.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
come to an end at any time?? How many QBs in you rlifetime had their career ended due to injury? Dont bring up someone like Theisman who was already at the very end of his career when he got injured.
Teddy Bridgewater, Steve Young, Joe Theismann, There's too many to mention. Romo had his career ended because of injury. Washington's quarterback will never be the same when he attempts to come back 2 years after his injury. To insinuate an injury cannot derail an NFL players career in one play is absurd. There's a ton of NFL players whose career ended in one play.

And it's not just on the field. He could get into a car accident, or shot. It's why players covet big guaranteed money over overall contract worth.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Wentz should be paid more; he helped his team reach a super bowl. Foles did the rest, of course, but Wentz helped get them there. Dak, on the other hand, has those awesome NFCE championships to brag about.

Lmao at "Foles did the rest" like winning 3 straight playoff games and going toe to toe with Brady in the Super Bowl to win is just a footnote. Eagles in back to back years caught fire and played better without Wentz and won playoff games in back to back years without him. He has never even taken a snap in a playoff game. He gets injured pretty much every year. Wentz didn't help him get to the Super Bowl. Wentz can't make the throws Foles can. To just assume Wentz rolls through the playoffs and wins it all is ridiculous. In 3 years, Wentz has had a good stretch of 12 games. Dak overall has played really well outside of 6 total games. People want to bring up Wentz being in the running for MVP that season. Ummm so was Dak and he won offensive MVP. There is nothing Wentz has done that Dak hasn't. And Dak has never missed a game, much less all the games Wentz has.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Jealous???
giphy.gif

Blue&Silver

Reaction score

Big_D

Reaction score
I don't disagree. I think the pay in general for sports has gone overboard, not just the NFL. However it is what it is and it will continue to rise.

Baseball is even worse. They're losing fans by the day and still giving guys 300 plus?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's just their unprofessional opinion. I'd like to ask why they feel Dak is worth less than a guy like Wentz.

Your right that is just their opinion and I did not see what their opinion was on Wentz market value before he was handed this current deal. It may have been less than Wentz got.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Baseball is even worse. They're losing fans by the day and still giving guys 300 plus?

I agree with you. I could see a day when sports will eventually over price fans out of the game because of these big contracts.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Someone help me understand this a little bit. It appears this contract helps us in our negotiation with Dak. Wentz had 2 years left on his contract at 2 years and $26.8 million. He got extended 4 years for $128 million bringing the total contract to 6 years and $154.8 million or $25.8 million per year. I was thinking that Dak would probably cost us $30 million plus a year. The only thing I don't understand in the $107 million guaranteed in Wentz's contract. Is that $107 million guaranteed over the first 3 years or the first 4 years.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Lmao at "Foles did the rest" like winning 3 straight playoff games and going toe to toe with Brady in the Super Bowl to win is just a footnote. Eagles in back to back years caught fire and played better without Wentz and won playoff games in back to back years without him. He has never even taken a snap in a playoff game. He gets injured pretty much every year. Wentz didn't help him get to the Super Bowl. Wentz can't make the throws Foles can. To just assume Wentz rolls through the playoffs and wins it all is ridiculous. In 3 years, Wentz has had a good stretch of 12 games. Dak overall has played really well outside of 6 total games. People want to bring up Wentz being in the running for MVP that season. Ummm so was Dak and he won offensive MVP. There is nothing Wentz has done that Dak hasn't. And Dak has never missed a game, much less all the games Wentz has.
I always liked Foles even though he's on the Eagles, but he's not Carson Wentz. He did have a storybook postseason and Super Bowl performance, but if he was the quarterback for the entire year they never would have made the playoffs. That year Wentz was like superhuman for that team right up until the 13th game where he ripped a couple ligaments scoring a touchdown. Foles will be back on the Eagles in a couple years after he's cut by Jacksonville. I don't think he's a starting quarterback in the NFL.