Twitter: Eagles sign Wentz to 4 year extension for $128 million

sideon

Reaction score

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Then pay him what middle of the market demands. It’s why I provided this list of salaries. Dak should be in the 12th - 16th range. Here it is again.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/
Incorrect. That's not even considering when a player has an older contract and when the renewal is due to extend. Unless you honestly think QBs like Mariota and Winston are going to take under $7 million. Newton won't settle for 20.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Then pay him what middle of the market demands. It’s why I provided this list of salaries. Dak should be in the 12th - 16th range. Here it is again.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/

And you begun with the unbiased remark which I responded with your favorite slang. If you don’t think that’s a defensive response then perhaps you should re-evaluate.

While I agree with your mindset on this, we know that is not how it works in the NFL. If it did Wentz would not have the deal he got which is based on potential nothing more, he has 1 good season under his belt and major injury concerns. Russell Wilson does not deserver his pay, in what universe is he the best QB in the NFL? how is he making 35 mill a year over that of QB who are much better? Dak will get treated as other QB and while his pay may look big this year by next year or 2 his contract will look no more than avg. as the price tag increases

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
While I agree with your mindset on this, we know that is not how it works in the NFL. If it did Wentz would not have the deal he got which is based on potential nothing more, he has 1 good season under his belt and major injury concerns. Russell Wilson does not deserver his pay, in what universe is he the best QB in the NFL? how is he making 35 mill a year over that of QB who are much better? Dak will get treated as other QB and while his pay may look big this year by next year or 2 his contract will look no more than avg. as the price tag increases
Good example. Wilson isn't the best QB in the NFL, so the idea of what fans think their worth is doesn't factor in. The next upper level QB to get extended will most likely be higher because that's where the market is set.
I bet Prescott gets something close to what Wentz did.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Incorrect. That's not even considering when a player has an older contract and when the renewal is due to extend. Unless you honestly think QBs like Mariota and Winston are going to take under $7 million. Newton won't settle for 20.
Those Rookie QB’s wouldn’t apply obviously. I’d compare Dak to some of the more current deals like with Foles and Flacco.

Daillest88

Reaction score
I find it funny how there saying Carson wentz has just had bad luck with injuries.. since his senior year in college he has missed 31% of his games and just had a back injury last year. The guy when in the pocket plays like romo did. He’s not gonna last long. I think the eagles offense line will take a step back this year too

CowboysRock1980

Reaction score
That is a really risky move since he can not stay healthy, Eagles should have gave him an extension after he proves he can stay healthy

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Their contracts are based on their talent level and the success . Wilson has developed into a more Elite QB. Wentz certainly has that potential also. He played at a MVP level leading Egirls to 11-2.

IMO Dak , while solid, hasn’t presented those Elite prolific passing ability. And shouldn’t be compensated as such until he does.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Would love to see Dak take less for the sake of the team
A lot of fans would love to see it, but he shouldn't. Until contracts are fully guaranteed and the club has many options to dump you, players should get every penny they can negotiate. Its the teams job to make the numbers work, not Dak's. It can be argued that maybe a QB can sacrifice a little due to rule changes and a good QB's prime is longer than the average player, but I wouldn't agree with that stance.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Those Rookie QB’s wouldn’t apply obviously. I’d compare Dak to some of the more current deals like with Foles and Flacco.
That's not how it works. Contracts are not simply based on success and talent. You have to factor in the current market value. Wilson makes more than ANY QB, he's far from the elite group.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Their contracts are based on their talent level and the success . Wilson has developed into a more Elite QB. Wentz certainly has that potential also. He played at a MVP level leading Egirls to 11-2.

IMO Dak , while solid, hasn’t presented those Elite prolific passing ability. And shouldn’t be compensated as such until he does.

I think Wilson is a good QB I don't see him as elite and Wentz you say potential but frankly the eagles looked and played better as a team when Foles took over. Philly was on the verge of not even making the playoffs until Foles took over. Wentz was 4 and 6 last season it was Foles who won 4 games and lost 1 including 3 wins in a row to close out the season and got them to the playoffs. I think Dak will get extended and people will complain about the money but in 2 years his pay will look avg as the price tag continues to rise.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's not how it works. Contracts are not simply based on success and talent. You have to factor in the current market value. Wilson makes more than ANY QB, he's far from the elite group.
I agree he’s not most elite but arguably elite. Dak shouldn’t be in that group is my argument.

And they should be based on success and talent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think Wilson is a good QB I don't see him as elite and Wentz you say potential but frankly the eagles looked and played better as a team when Foles took over. Philly was on the verge of not even making the playoffs until Foles took over. Wentz was 4 and 6 last season it was Foles who won 4 games and lost 1 including 3 wins in a row to close out the season and got them to the playoffs. I think Dak will get extended and people will complain about the money but in 2 years his pay will look avg as the price tag continues to rise.
Maybe you don’t see him as in an elite group but I’d argue most would.

And if you don’t see Wentz with greater potential and upside in his talent level then we’ll just have to disagree. I think most critics would.

I agree Dak will get extended and should be. My argument is it should be more team friendly as I don’t consider him in that Elite group. Not yet anyway.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wentz should be paid more; he helped his team reach a super bowl. Foles did the rest, of course, but Wentz helped get them there. Dak, on the other hand, has those awesome NFCE championships to brag about.
Wentz sucks!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maybe you don’t see him as in an elite group but I’d argue most would.

And if you don’t see Wentz with greater potential and upside in his talent level then we’ll just have to disagree. I think most critics would.

I agree Dak will get extended and should be. My argument is it should be more team friendly as I don’t consider him in that Elite group.

I see potential in Wentz but potential has been one of the biggest coach killer in the history of sports. Fact is Philly was a bout to be out of the post season. Foles takes over they win 3 in a row to close out the season and made post season then won in post season vs the bears. There has been rumbles in Philly about Wentz leadership. I don't think the position is all about how well you throw a ball much of the position has a lot about how you lead the team. I don't see Dak or his agent taking some low ball offer nor would I. What I hope to see is a deal that pays Dak good money and is structured in a way that can benefit the team.