Twitter: Eagles sign Wentz to 4 year extension for $128 million

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I believe your problem is you are trying to associate feelings with my post. I was not upset, nor was I disappointed. And the only time I "feel the need to be right" is when facts have been presented and someone tries to dispute facts with feelings. As Ben Shapiro would say, "facts don't care about your feelings."

I also don't know what "bogus claims" I made, but feel free to go to the Texas Workforce Commission website yourself to disprove anything I stated about the Employer / Employee rights laws in the State of Texas.

So follow my "shinning example of adulthood" if you would like but I never claimed any such title. I, like any human, am flawed and will continue to be flawed until the day I die. And if this post is "passive aggressive" to you, then I don't know what to say other than stop trying to make a post more than what it is and focus on what it is actually saying.

Or not. It's a free world.
:thumbup:
I believe your problem is you assume toooooo much. I said what my problem was in the first post I quoted of,yours. Anything else is just made up by you on this subject. Maybe Ben has a quote about people making things up also.

I didn't mention anything about the Texas stuff being false so don't know how you got that as the bogus claims. Nah I rather not follow your shinning example. As for your last sentence maybe you should take your own advice and stop making a post more than what it is. You want to be right I said what you posted didn't make sense and here we are. We aren't going to agree so no need to go back and forth more than we already have so you can have the last word if,you choose. In any case have a wonderful day fellow poster.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Elite is best of the best among their peers. Top 5-10 isn't elite. That's watering the term down.

I have already explained this. Try to keep up.

Just because Wilson has a couple players ahead of him every year that pushes him outside the top 5 (by single points, no less) does not change the fact he is CONSISTENTLY ranked high. Let's break this down for you

Player A ranking by season: #5, #6, #6, #7
Player B ranking by season: #12, #3, #13, #9

Which player is more consistent? Players like Matt Ryan, Big Ben, and Luck being ahead of Wilson once doesn't change the fact that they routinely fall back outside the top 10 while Wilson consistently stays withing the top 5 or just outside the top 5.

The only players that have been higher more times the past 4 years than Wilson has been Brady (he was #1 3 times the past 4 years) and Brees, while Rodgers has always right there alongside Wilson.

Wilson has consistently been one of the best in the league while Prescott has consistently been slightly above average to mediocre. There is no comparison, Wilson was better than Prescott his first three years and considerably better after.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yes, your beloved Romo had gaudy statistics, look where that got us?
I was a huge Romo fan, but for some reason he hit legendary status after he retired by some fans.

And I've maintained Prescott is middle of the pack. That doesn't mean I'm going to prop up a past player who didn't make it any further.

Fans accurately place Romo - Romo wasn't elite, he was a top 10-12 QB for most of his career and was let down time and time again by either the offensive line or the defense (especially in the second half of his career)

Asking for a bit of consistency on this board seems to be a little too much.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Fans accurately place Romo - Romo wasn't elite, he was a top 10-12 QB for most of his career and was let down time and time again by either the offensive line or the defense (especially in the second half of his career)

Romo had his fair share of let downs right out of the gate. The glitch.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I guess you don’t count going 11-2 securing home field advantage as helping his team? Ok then..
Not in the playoffs I don't. Playoffs is completely different than regular season, otherwise Romo would have a better record than 2-5 in the playoffs.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
That's quite a bit of coin for Wentz (who I really like as a QB) given his injury history.
That said, when he was healthy in 2017 he was clearly at an MVP level.
Philly should have a great supporting cast again, so he could be set for a repeat season, provided he can regain form - last year he seemed more timid, IMO, but still played well overall.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Romo had his fair share of let downs right out of the gate. The glitch.

I'm not here to argue what you believe was his fault in a particular game - go have that with someone else, I don't hold your football analysis high enough to care about your eye tests, I'm here to school you.

Romo was, on average, a top 10 QB or slightly outside of it with a couple of years where he was top 5. He was right there alongside Rivers and Ryan's of the game. Most fans that haven't gone absolutely insane since Prescott took over understand this.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak gonna get payed,, I don't even want to comment on this topic anymore, its not about rather fans love him or hate him or somewhere in between... it doesn't matter.
Get this...
Dak gives this team a shot, could be one hell of a shot, or just a blind man trying to shoot a can off a log with a short pistol at 100 feet shot,,,, doesn't matter... lets all just try and rationalize this for a moment.
Dak is getting paid,,, get over it.
Its going to happen.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not here to argue what you believe was his fault in a particular game - go have that with someone else, I don't hold your football analysis high enough to care about your eye tests, I'm here to school you.

Romo was, on average, a top 10 QB or slightly outside of it with a couple of years where he was top 5. He was right there alongside Rivers and Ryan's of the game. Most fans that haven't gone absolutely insane since Prescott took over understand this.
It's funny because you think you're "schooling" fans, but I've placed Romo between 6-10 his whole career, so I have no idea why you are repeating the same point I never argued. If you actually believe you're here to school actual Dallas fans you must have an awful sad existence because contrary to what you think, you're not that important.

And it's not one fault in a game, it was over Romo's career. He just couldn't finish. Fun to watch and I love an underdog, but he couldn't finish.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's funny because you think you're "schooling" fans, but I've placed Romo between 6-10 his whole career, so I have no idea why you are repeating the same point I never argued. If you actually believe you're here to school actual Dallas fans you must have an awful sad existence because contrary to what you think, you're not that important.

And it's not one fault in a game, it was over Romo's career. He just couldn't finish. Fun to watch and I love an underdog, but he couldn't finish.

No, in this discussion, I am here to school you - not the entire base, just you. And if you place Romo "top 6-10", then what are you going on about? Just say, "Yes mattjames2010, I agree with your ranking" and move on. You're attempting to turn this into "Well, Romo dropped the ball or threw that INT late in the game that one time during that one game a long time ago" - the claim was never that Romo was flawless, the claim was that later in Romo's career, the offensive line was awful and our defense was not up to championship standards.

So, there's really nothing you can argue again, you're looking for an argument because you hope to one up me...as always. But it will never happen.

Little Jr

Reaction score

School? Lmao. I could put you in a forum with my son's high school football team and you would have a difficult time schooling them.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No, in this discussion, I am here to school you - not the entire base, just you. And if you place Romo "top 6-10", then what are you going on about? Just say, "Yes mattjames2010, I agree with your ranking" and move on. You're attempting to turn this into "Well, Romo dropped the ball or threw that INT late in the game that one time during that one game a long time ago" - the claim was never that Romo was flawless, the claim was that later in Romo's career, the offensive line was awful and our defense was not up to championship standards.

So, there's really nothing you can argue again, you're looking for an argument because you hope to one up me...as always. But it will never happen.
Lol, you're so pompous it's entertaining.

Remember this point you made about Romo's surrounding talent. I'll wait until you talk out of the other side of your face.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak 3 winning seasons

Wentz 2 losing records and 1 winning record

Dak 1-2 in the playoffs

Wentz 0-0 in the playoffs

Not to mention the defense didn't show up in Dak's 2 playoff losses. The Cowboys are 0-forever in playoff games where the opponent scores 30 or more, regardless of our QB that day.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
1st time I've ever even heard of anyone paying $128 million for a tall fragile glass..........................

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The problem is, the same people who are suddenly all about the W/L records would ignore this in favor of Romo just a few years ago. But since individual statistics don't favor Prescott, we look to the W/L as justification that he's something more.
Yep...It’s spinning facts to support a narrative or opinion. Or what we might call Fake News. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Diehardblues

Reaction score

There’s still those who want to blame Romo for the lack of success and now we have those who are wanting to credit Dak for the success of this team.

Either there are underlying agendas or they aren’t keen evaluators of a prolific passer.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There’s still those who want to blame Romo for the lack of success and now we have those who are wanting to credit Dak for the success of this team.

Either there are underlying agendas or they aren’t keen evaluators of a prolific passer.

True, Romo took more blame than he should have. Danny White took more blame than he should have. Dak has taken a lot of crap and has been blamed just as well. I watch people change the argument all the time, one day it is all about winning and next day it is all about stats. There is much I like about Dak and things I hope to see him improve on.

Big_D

Reaction score

Having the crappiest GM didn't help his case. Then bringing in the Phillips Garrett combo??? lol That front office did the QB no favors at all.