Twitter: Eagles sign Wentz to 4 year extension for $128 million

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Very much so. The Egals should have waited till the end of 2019 season before signing Wentz' extension.

If he's injured for his 5th consecutive year in his career, they're in trouble. He's too big of a gamble & the Egals are/were too impatient. The man has yet to take a snap in post season. They should have paid Foles and kick Wentz to the curb. Bad move by the Boo Birds.Thats incorrect. Wentz is heading into his 5th consecutive season playing football. Depends what career you're referring to? College career? NFL career? Usually when someone refers to career, it's understood as an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life and with opportunities for progress. In which case, it's Wentz' football career.

Here's a clear look at Wentz's injury injury since 2015.

October 17, 2015: Wentz broke a bone in his throwing wrist that required surgery. He missed eight weeks, returned to practice in December and was cleared to play in the national championship game for North Dakota State.

August 11, 2016: Wentz suffered a hairline fracture in his ribs against Tampa Bay. He missed the entire preseason, but played all 16 regular season games.

December 10, 2017: Wentz suffered a Grade 3 tear of the ACL and LCL and missed the remainder of the 2017 regular season and postseason. He also missed the first two games of the 2018 season. To top it off, his injury missed games was the greatest achievement in his life. He managed to get a beautiful Superbowl ring on his finger. o_O

December 12, 2018: Wentz has back spasms that may force him to miss the rest of the 2018 season. Wentz's injury history has been well documented since his latest occurrence, which may have something to do with his inability to roll out of the pocket and throw outside the hashmarks.

Which is quite alright for us Cowboys fans being Dak & Company swept China Wentz Doll last season. :thumbup:
Thanks for breaking it down for him. He obviously didn’t know or understand lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Agree 100%. I tell people all the time, i don't understand how a player becomes such a legend after he retires after being labeled a chocker during his career. I defended him all the time and didn't have a lot of help from fans. So I'm not sure where all the Romo love came from after he retired.
I really have no definitive answer, other than the change of hands. Or reasons I don't wanna get into. But yeah, When Romo got picked up and he battled through preseason games I was a Huge supporter, plus he's a good dude.
Prescott got black-flagged because those fans couldn't recover. i love the current era. So fun to watch. So much potential.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Not to mention the defense didn't show up in Dak's 2 playoff losses. The Cowboys are 0-forever in playoff games where the opponent scores 30 or more, regardless of our QB that day.
Exactly. We need the defense to step up in the playoffs more than anything.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I still wear my Romo jerseys pretty regularly. And Nun dak Jersey.
My kids gave me a Dak jersey for my birthday this year. Until then I was rotating Staubach, Aikman and Romo. Meredith and Danny White are the only ones left really. Had a Quincy Carter jersey years ago and couldn't bring myself to buy another QB jersey until Romo.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
My kids gave me a Dak jersey for my birthday this year. Until then I was rotating Staubach, Aikman and Romo. Meredith and Danny White are the only ones left really. Had a Quincy Carter jersey years ago and couldn't bring myself to buy another QB jersey until Romo.
Those are some good kids Sir.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Absolutely. The most difficult in all of sports in my opinion. And that's why these contracts continue to get crazier and crazier all the time.

If a team even thinks they have one, they'll pay through the nose to keep him. That's why guys like Cousins, Carr, and Stafford are making sick money while never being close to winning anything.

The terror of struggling for years to find one and being irrelevant like the Browns for years and years is enough to scare team into paying 100's of millions of dollars.

And we can either do that, or look for the next Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook.
I would rather sign Dak based on what he's shown - a guy that performs like a top-10 QB when he has a good supporting cast - than roll the dice in the draft and risk ending up with a turd, which is extremely likely outside of a top-3 pick, which doesn't guarantee a stud either (Blake Bortles, anyone?).
Dak's last 9 regular season games he performed at what I'd consider top-10 QB level, with Cooper, Zeke, a rookie reciever, average TEs & a mediocre OL.

Hadenough

Reaction score
o_O
32yx5g.jpg
Oooops excuse me thanks for pointing that out. If he has 33 tds and 7 int maybe he will get Wentz money. Dak better get that passer rating up too.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Thanks for breaking it down for him. He obviously didn’t know or understand lol.
:muttley:
You're most welcome. :thumbup:
Oooops excuse me thanks for pointing that out. If he has 33 tds and 7 int maybe he will get Wentz money. Dak better get that passer rating up too.
Lol. No worries. Living in Egals country one knows Wentz's stats! And not by choice. :laugh:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This is a crazy contract for someone that can't finish a season. Philadelphia is stupid for doing this. I hope Wentz keeps giving them what he did to get this deal... not finishing seasons, winning less than Dak. :muttley:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo took heavy fire for every little thing. Hell, he couldn't wear his hat backward. He and plenty of other players are to blame for not finishing, but Romo will always stand out more.
The issue is after he retired, he somehow became a legend with no team around him and the same excuses are not afforded to Prescott. It's a weird flip to experience.

He took most of his fire because Parcells was coach and Romo was made the scapegoat for purely emotional reasons because Parcells had too many skins on the wall. Under Garrett, that narrative needed to shift with the HC the scapegoat, which meant Romo was suddenly productive *despite* his coaching. Voila.

It’s pretty much the same thing we’re seeing happen now with Kellen Moore. He went from goat to darling overnight for no other reason than his proximity to Garrett. This is not a sophisticated bunch of thinkers we’re talking about. There are rules around the fungibility of message board hate. It has to go somewhere.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I would rather sign Dak based on what he's shown - a guy that performs like a top-10 QB when he has a good supporting cast - than roll the dice in the draft and risk ending up with a turd, which is extremely likely outside of a top-3 pick, which doesn't guarantee a stud either (Blake Bortles, anyone?).
Dak's last 9 regular season games he performed at what I'd consider top-10 QB level, with Cooper, Zeke, a rookie reciever, average TEs & a mediocre OL.
but that's the conundrum. if Dak gets a huge contract would we be able to provide him the good supporting cast? good supporting cast like cooper and zeke and a great OL are also going to cost money.