Eagles trade C Cam Jurgens to Ravens

That’s not smart. I don’t think this move has any reflection on this year. They believe they got better simply getting rid of Jurgens. Eagles will be making moves to make them better this year. They are still a hand behind Giants. Cowboys and Eagles should be salivating.
I doubt that. There are not many players that can step in help teams much at this point. Probably why Baltimore overpaid for Jurgens. Philly is just dealing with what was inevitable sooner than later.
 
Contrary opinion here, but Jurgens has never been that good. He made his name when surrounded by and all-star offensive line of Lane, Johnson, Mekhi Becton, Landon Dickerson and Jordan Mialata. But anyone who watched his closely could see he was mid at best. The Eagles fans are saying the Ravens got fleeced in this trade because Jurgens has been really bad the last two year.

Perhaps the Eagles were planning on benching him and this move makes it easier.

But let's talk about the Eagles front office. Once again they show they are willing to dump their players at any time, especially if they become a problem on the field or in the locker room. At the same time, it was predictable that they would be moving or cutting players because they have committed a ton of money in the future, mostly from option bonuses. Moving players relieves them of the CAP burden of paying those option bonuses every year. Don't be too surprised if Jalen Hurts gets traded after this year.
The cap hit for the Eagles by trading Hurts is untenable. In addition he has a no trade clause on his deal limiting where he could possibly be dealt. I’d be very surprised if Hurts gets traded this year.
 
I doubt that. There are not many players that can step in help teams much at this point. Probably why Baltimore overpaid for Jurgens. Philly is just dealing with what was inevitable sooner than later.
Players become available closer to deadline. I wouldn't rule Howie out unless they go on a losing streak.
 
Trading Jurgens is about the future not now. They probably have someone they feel can be ok replacing him. But eating some money next year while squirting needed picks to help reload an aging offense is smart going forward. They aren't better today but they could be better for it in the next 2 years.
Yep, they have Drew Kendall whom they are pretty high on, plus Willie Lampkin I think they see as solid depth.
I think they feel Kendall is as good as Cam, and the idea was to play Kendall at C and have Cam play LG (with Dickerson out and possibly done), but Cam is bad at G. So why not move him (and his expensive contract), let Kendall and Lampkin play now and get that 2nd rounder (and cap space) moving forward.
 
It will be interesting if Lampkin will be able to hold up at 5-10 3/4 279 31 1/2" arms (combine). He supposedly is up to 290 which is still undersized along with the height.
 
Is that a Vegas projection or your own?
Mine. They can’t seem to rectify any aspect of their poor offense. Their defense will keep them in some games, but that offense not sustaining drives gives every opponent additional possessions. Add in the plethora of injuries. It’s going to be a season long struggle.
 
Vegas has Dallas favored to win the division. I have it like this.
1. Cowboys
2. Giants
3. Commanders
4. Eagles
I don't claim to be an expert on how these various sportsbooks set their betting odds.

My understanding is there is no single official consensus or sportsbook that sets the line for all.

In fact, there are many independent sportsbooks that calculate their own version of the probabilities and whatnot.

While they generally agree on the frontrunners their numbers vary for other reasons.

As i stated before, i'm no authority. If i'm offbase do correct me.

I figured your list was your own personal rankings.
 
I don't claim to be an expert on how these various sportsbooks set their betting odds.

My understanding is there is no single official consensus or sportsbook that sets the line for all.

In fact, there are many independent sportsbooks that calculate their own version of the probabilities and whatnot.

While they generally agree on the frontrunners their numbers vary for other reasons.

As i stated before, i'm no authority. If i'm offbase do correct me.

I figured your list was your own personal rankings.
The Cowboys are the favorite now. At the beginning of the season the Eagles were the favorite. Now the Eagles are in serious trouble.
 
They are very high on Kendall, so getting a 2nd rd pick for Cam is pretty good. That said, the '28 draft is also said to be a very very strong one, and if guys expected to come out in '27 decide to play 1 more year in college, it will be that much better. Pretty sure Jerry traded our 2nd round pick though
 
They are very high on Kendall, so getting a 2nd rd pick for Cam is pretty good. That said, the '28 draft is also said to be a very very strong one, and if guys expected to come out in '27 decide to play 1 more year in college, it will be that much better. Pretty sure Jerry traded our 2nd round pick though
Not sure that they're VERY high on Kendall. I think they want to see what they have.

As to the draft capital that they've stacked up--if the right player is there in 2027, they have the chips in place to trade up for one. I'd bet on Howie spending some of that 2028 capital on the 2027 draft.
 
Not sure that they're VERY high on Kendall. I think they want to see what they have.

As to the draft capital that they've stacked up--if the right player is there in 2027, they have the chips in place to trade up for one. I'd bet on Howie spending some of that 2028 capital on the 2027 draft.
They haven't been happy with the entire OL this year, so a trade like this was hard to not make. They need a QB, soooooooo
 
Something is wrong in philly. Its like the OL had a meeting and decided to quit playing. Johnson suddenly retires...... Dickerson is also considering retirement. Now Jurgens gets traded......
Wonder if it has anything to do with their great OLine coach bailing as well.
 
It's called the impending doom of the salary cap...Howie has pushed money down the road for years...the bill is coming soon....Hence trying to load up on draft picks. A black Monday is coming to Philadelphia very soon.
I’ve heard that about the Eagles and Howie since 2010 yet it never comes to fruition.
 
Im just loving the complete unraveling going on to be honest. I think it gets much more unstable once we hear about what's really happening in Philly. The leaks will come out. Pressure is mounting.
“The pressure is mounting”? It has mounted and solidified already!
 
I tell you the Ravens deserve some criticism, not for necessarily trading for Cam, but they had a better C than Cam last year, an All pro and had the 5th year of his rookie deal to excercize (so they had leverage over him). They declined his 5th year and didn't work out a deal, and he walked to the Raiders (Tyler Linderbaum).
I know they'll get a 3rd rounder for losing Lindy, but they paid a 2nd for Cam, who is not as good a C and Linderbaum.
Lindy and a 2nd >>> Cam and 3rd. Money is pretty close.
You know… nobody has mentioned this and I think you posted a really good point.
 

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,245
Messages
14,674,776
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top