Twitter: Eagles Trade For Gardner-Johnson

Ken

Reaction score
Dillard has had a very good camp and will be a player in this league for years. He's a bust for the draft position but he can play. It took him a few years but he will be in their OL rotation. A few teams inquired about him for trade but the Eagles said no. It took Brandon Graham a while to be good, maybe the same with Dillard. Now, Marcus Smith, Agalor, Barnett...LOL.
Ya I don't know about that.

I watched Dillard for the couple of series he was in against the Dolphins and he gave up quick pressure to the qb a couple of times.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
You're high. You can argue Slay is better than Diggs. But no way in hell you're taking the rest of that secondary over ours. You just hear names like Bradberry and think they're worth a damn. I'd take Micah Parsons over there whole linebacking group and so would they.
Neither one of those players can get after the QB anything close to the way Parsons does… which is what makes Micah such a defense altering presence.

Davis is going to be primarily a (likely good) run stuffer and Dean is just a run and chase LB. Probably good players but that’s about it.

If Davis hits his ceiling he’ll be Snacks Harrison. If Dean hits his, he’ll be LaVonte David. Neither of which are close to Parsons.

Of course that is IF both players can reach their ceiling, which many players don’t.

Neither will ever approach Parsons, who’s ceiling is Lawrence Taylor.

Honestly, I like Davis and Dean some but they’re just not going to make that much of a difference.

Davis has had conditioning issues in the past, and if he’s not in tip-top shape, he’ll be a liability when offenses go up-tempo.

Dean is smallish and has had injury problems, but of the two, he is the one i’d like to have in my team the most. He’s very instinctive.

Plus, like @TheMarathonContinues mentioned, neither has played a snap in the NFL yet.
What Dean injury problem are you talking about? He had never missed a college game because of Ian injury.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Its
Howie Roseman is getting kudos from the Eagles fans this year but they are usually trashing him for his job as a GM. Just look at his history of 1st round picks as a GM.

2013 Lane Johnson - excellent pick
2014 Marcus smith - BUST
2015 Nelson Agholor - BUST
2016 Carson Wentz - 2nd overall pick with one good year and then everything went south
2017 Derrick Barnett - BUST - makes more of an impact for other team by constantly getting boneheaded penalties
2018 No Pick
2019 Andre Dillard - BUST
2020 Jalen Reagor - BUST
2021 Devontae Smith - seems like he will be a stud
2022 Jordan Davis - Unknown at this point

Excluding 2022, since we don't know what Davis will be like in the NFL. Howie has drafted 2 studs, 5 duds, and 1 one year wonder in the 1st round in the last 9 years.
What a dunb post. Its amazing that with all those bust, they won a Superbowl. What has all the great Cowboys pick won?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
What Dean injury problem are you talking about? He had never missed a college game because of Ian injury.

Reports surfaced that pectoral and knee injuries caused his draft stock to slide, but Dean says those injuries were minor and that he will be a full participant at the Eagles’ rookie minicamp.

They didn’t require surgery, which there was speculation about, but some teams felt like they would worsen with the wear and tear of the NFL… which would be exacerbated by being undersized.

It doesn’t mean there will be issues, but there certainly could be… which is part of the reason he slid.

Here’s the link to one of the articles.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-doesnt-know-why-his-draft-stock-dropped/amp/

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Its
What a dunb post. Its amazing that with all those bust, they won a Superbowl. What has all the great Cowboys pick won?
That is why Roseman has to go big in free agency. He had some definite draft blunders and the fans were getting very restless with him. However, with his trades and free agency, the fans are now off of his case and back happy with him.

I heard that on NFL Network from a Philly reporter. It isn’t just my opinion, although it makes sense.

He had to do something after a very bad stretch of drafts.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Its

I was merely pointing out what the Eagles' fans rant about on
Its

I was merely pointing out why Eagles fans are constantly complaining about Howie. They rake him over the coals constantly despite the Superbowl in 2017. The majority of them wanted him fired after the 2021 season was over.

Btw, there is no need to be insulting by calling poster's posts dumb. Show some class.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I was merely pointing out what the Eagles' fans rant about on

I was merely pointing out why Eagles fans are constantly complaining about Howie. They rake him over the coals constantly despite the Superbowl in 2017. The majority of them wanted him fired after the 2021 season was over.

Btw, there is no need to be insulting by calling poster's posts dumb. Show some class.
Your right. I apologize.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
That is why Roseman has to go big in free agency. He had some definite draft blunders and the fans were getting very restless with him. However, with his trades and free agency, the fans are now off of his case and back happy with him.

I heard that on NFL Network from a Philly reporter. It isn’t just my opinion, although it makes sense.

He had to do something after a very bad stretch of drafts.
Thier last 2 days have been really good.

Plankton

Reaction score
Howie Roseman is getting kudos from the Eagles fans this year but they are usually trashing him for his job as a GM. Just look at his history of 1st round picks as a GM.

2013 Lane Johnson - excellent pick
2014 Marcus smith - BUST
2015 Nelson Agholor - BUST
2016 Carson Wentz - 2nd overall pick with one good year and then everything went south
2017 Derrick Barnett - BUST - makes more of an impact for other team by constantly getting boneheaded penalties
2018 No Pick
2019 Andre Dillard - BUST
2020 Jalen Reagor - BUST
2021 Devontae Smith - seems like he will be a stud
2022 Jordan Davis - Unknown at this point

Excluding 2022, since we don't know what Davis will be like in the NFL. Howie has drafted 2 studs, 5 duds, and 1 one year wonder in the 1st round in the last 9 years.

To be fair, Roseman gets no credit for the 2013-2015 picks - they were made by the Chip Kelly/Ed Marynowitz regime.

And, yes, his draft record is pretty bad.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Dillard has had a very good camp and will be a player in this league for years. He's a bust for the draft position but he can play. It took him a few years but he will be in their OL rotation. A few teams inquired about him for trade but the Eagles said no. It took Brandon Graham a while to be good, maybe the same with Dillard. Now, Marcus Smith, Agalor, Barnett...LOL.

Difficult to know if Andre Dillard is any good. He rides the bench because Jordan Mailata took over after Jason Peters retired. Dillard was supposed to be the guy that took over but he got beat out. I do agree that Dillard will be in the league for a while as a backup. However, you need to get more out of a first rounder than someone who rides the bench. Dillard will not be with the Eagles next year. He is a free agent after the year and someone will through money at him just based on potential and the fact that he was a former first round pick.

jujoboys

Reaction score
To be fair, Roseman gets no credit for the 2013-2015 picks - they were made by the Chip Kelly/Ed Marynowitz regime.

And, yes, his draft record is pretty bad.

Roseman took over as GM after Andy Reid was fired in 2012 so he should get credit for 2013 Lane Johnson and 2014 Marcus Smith. However, you are right about 2015. Chip Kelly pulled a power move after the 2014 season and had himself elevated to GM for 2015 and took Nelson Agholar out of Oregon in the first round. Of course, that power move ended up getting Kelly fired after the 2015 season and Lurie gave the power/GM job back to Howie in 2016.

There are 3 things that I envy about the Eagles having Roseman as their GM: 1) He seems to always get the upper hand when it comes to trades, 2) He knows how to work the salary cap, 3) He is not afraid to make bold moves in free agency and trades. The 2 things I don't envy about the Eagles having him are: 1) He is not very good in the draft, 2) His below average skills at evaluating talent. At times he seems like a fantasy football manager chasing the name players, like the year he assembled the so-called "Dream Team".

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Thier last 2 days have been really good.
Better but not that great.

Howie thinks he’s found a tonic for his crappy drafting: just get big name guys from the SEC schools. The same thing Washington did when they realized they couldn’t draft worth a ****.

In 2021 Howie took Devonta Smith in the first and then Dickerson in the second, both from Alabama.

In 2022 he took Davis in the first, and Dean in the 3rd from Georgia. I do like their 2nd round pick from this year, Cam Jergins.

However, he got Kelsey to scout the centers and picked the one that Kelsey suggested, lol.

And with a nod to the fact that he can’t evaluate receivers, he used a first to trade for one (that will be $25M/year) rather than drafting one.

As long as Howie has high picks and multiple first round picks, he’s usually not awful… but then nobody should be.

Maybe he’s on to something and will let the players choose their team mates.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Roseman took over as GM after Andy Reid was fired in 2012 so he should get credit for 2013 Lane Johnson and 2014 Marcus Smith. However, you are right about 2015. Chip Kelly pulled a power move after the 2014 season and had himself elevated to GM for 2015 and took Nelson Agholar out of Oregon in the first round. Of course, that power move ended up getting Kelly fired after the 2015 season and Lurie gave the power/GM job back to Howie in 2016.

There are 3 things that I envy about the Eagles having Roseman as their GM: 1) He seems to always get the upper hand when it comes to trades, 2) He knows how to work the salary cap, 3) He is not afraid to make bold moves in free agency and trades. The 2 things I don't envy about the Eagles having him are: 1) He is not very good in the draft, 2) His below average skills at evaluating talent. At times he seems like a fantasy football manager chasing the name players, like the year he assembled the so-called "Dream Team".
Rose man is terrible but I will agree that when it’s time to trade he gets some good deals.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Neither one of those players can get after the QB anything close to the way Parsons does… which is what makes Micah such a defense altering presence.

Davis is going to be primarily a (likely good) run stuffer and Dean is just a run and chase LB. Probably good players but that’s about it.

If Davis hits his ceiling he’ll be Snacks Harrison. If Dean hits his, he’ll be LaVonte David. Neither of which are close to Parsons.

Of course that is IF both players can reach their ceiling, which many players don’t.

Neither will ever approach Parsons, who’s ceiling is Lawrence Taylor.

Honestly, I like Davis and Dean some but they’re just not going to make that much of a difference.

Davis has had conditioning issues in the past, and if he’s not in tip-top shape, he’ll be a liability when offenses go up-tempo.

Dean is smallish and has had injury problems, but of the two, he is the one i’d like to have in my team the most. He’s very instinctive.

Plus, like @TheMarathonContinues mentioned, neither has played a snap in the NFL yet.
Perfectly said.