Twitter: Eagles Trade For Gardner-Johnson

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
ESPN's Adam Schefter says the Vikings are giving Philly a 2023 seventh-round pick an da 2024 conditional fourth-round pick that will become a fifth-rounder if "certain statistical marks are not met."

Sydla

Reaction score
You are saying the eagles D that we scored 100 in 2 games are a legit Super Bowl team…they did all that in one offseason? Wow. Impressive.

They get some guys back healthy on defense. They added a legitimate edge rusher in Reddick. They added a bunch of LBs, including White. Their CB opposite Slay was abysmal and they added Bradberry, who isn't great but better than what they had last year, and they just sured up the S position. It's not a flawless defense but, at least on paper, they are a much improved defense. It's hard to try to argue otherwise. We are going to find out if their issues last year were strictly talent issues or scheme issues. Their DC came under fire for his passive defenses.

Ken

Reaction score
Neither one of those players can get after the QB anything close to the way Parsons does… which is what makes Micah such a defense altering presence.

Davis is going to be primarily a (likely good) run stuffer and Dean is just a run and chase LB. Probably good players but that’s about it.

If Davis hits his ceiling he’ll be Snacks Harrison. If Dean hits his, he’ll be LaVonte David. Neither of which are close to Parsons.

Of course that is IF both players can reach their ceiling, which many players don’t.

Neither will ever approach Parsons, who’s ceiling is Lawrence Taylor.

Honestly, I like Davis and Dean some but they’re just not going to make that much of a difference.

Davis has had conditioning issues in the past, and if he’s not in tip-top shape, he’ll be a liability when offenses go up-tempo.

Dean is smallish and has had injury problems, but of the two, he is the one i’d like to have in my team the most. He’s very instinctive.

Plus, like @TheMarathonContinues mentioned, neither has played a snap in the NFL yet.
This is spot on.

I can say that, even though they said Davis was in the best shape of his life, he still is sucking wind after a couple of plays.

His play has fallen off since facing the Jets in week 1, and that was not as good as most made it out to be either.

I do like Dean but he is very small. His stature and injury history is why he fell to the 3rd....

Ken

Reaction score
They get some guys back healthy on defense. They added a legitimate edge rusher in Reddick. They added a bunch of LBs, including White. Their CB opposite Slay was abysmal and they added Bradberry, who isn't great but better than what they had last year, and they just sured up the S position. It's not a flawless defense but, at least on paper, they are a much improved defense. It's hard to try to argue otherwise. We are going to find out if their issues last year were strictly talent issues or scheme issues. Their DC came under fire for his passive defenses.
They had a talent and scheme issue last year.

Their DC looks to be overmatched and the added talent won't fix that. This isn't like Dan Quinn adding pieces to his defense....this is a guy who struggles adding pieces. Not amazing pieces either.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They have someone that knows what they're doing in charge.

I know it's the Eagles and we must hate them no matter what, but the fact that they're at least trying to build a contender should have every Cowboys fan furious at our FO.
I didnt need the Eagles FO to do their job for me to be mad at the Cowboys FO. I have been mad at them for years.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I didnt need the Eagles FO to do their job for me to be mad at the Cowboys FO. I have been mad at them for years.
Well yeah, but people writing if off because "it's the Eagles" to comfort their fragile belief in the Cowboys organization is pretty embarrassing to witness.

Some people will never be upset with anything Cowboys. They think if they criticize it somehow makes them less of a fan.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well yeah, but people writing if off because "it's the Eagles" to comfort their fragile belief in the Cowboys organization is pretty embarrassing to witness.

Some people will never be upset with anything Cowboys. They think if they criticize it somehow makes them less of a fan.

I'd argue most on here do critique the FO at some point or another. That said, it's also fun to scoff at the Eagles because, well, they're rivals of ours. So yeah, screw the Eagles.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'd argue most on here do critique the FO at some point or another. That said, it's also fun to scoff at the Eagles because, well, they're rivals of ours. So yeah, screw the Eagles.
That's why it stinks even more seeing them make an effort to get better. Because it's the Eagles.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You have to applaud a team for trying to improve their roster. Now i still hope those plans fall flat

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
and they trade Reagor to the Vikes for a 7th rounder in 2023 and a conditional 4th in 2024. What did we get for Cooper again!?!?!?!?

jujoboys

Reaction score
They have someone that knows what they're doing in charge.

I know it's the Eagles and we must hate them no matter what, but the fact that they're at least trying to build a contender should have every Cowboys fan furious at our FO.

Howie Roseman is getting kudos from the Eagles fans this year but they are usually trashing him for his job as a GM. Just look at his history of 1st round picks as a GM.

2013 Lane Johnson - excellent pick
2014 Marcus smith - BUST
2015 Nelson Agholor - BUST
2016 Carson Wentz - 2nd overall pick with one good year and then everything went south
2017 Derrick Barnett - BUST - makes more of an impact for other team by constantly getting boneheaded penalties
2018 No Pick
2019 Andre Dillard - BUST
2020 Jalen Reagor - BUST
2021 Devontae Smith - seems like he will be a stud
2022 Jordan Davis - Unknown at this point

Excluding 2022, since we don't know what Davis will be like in the NFL. Howie has drafted 2 studs, 5 duds, and 1 one year wonder in the 1st round in the last 9 years.

Ken

Reaction score
and they trade Reagor to the Vikes for a 7th rounder in 2023 and a conditional 4th in 2024. What did we get for Cooper again!?!?!?!?
We drafted Ceedee Lamb and they drafted Reagor while passing on Justin Jefferson.

Watch Reagor be successful in Minny now....lol

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Howie Roseman is getting kudos from the Eagles fans this year but they are usually trashing him for his job as a GM. Just look at his history of 1st round picks as a GM.

2014 Marcus smith - BUST
2016 Carson Wentz - 2nd overall pick with one good year and then everything went south
2017 Derrick Barnett - BUST - makes more of an impact for other team by constantly getting boneheaded penalties
2018 No Pick
2020 Jalen Reagor - BUST

Excluding 2022, since we don't know what Davis will be like in the NFL. Howie has drafted 2 studs, 5 duds, and 1 one year wonder in the 1st round in the last 9 years.
Dillard has had a very good camp and will be a player in this league for years. He's a bust for the draft position but he can play. It took him a few years but he will be in their OL rotation. A few teams inquired about him for trade but the Eagles said no. It took Brandon Graham a while to be good, maybe the same with Dillard. Now, Marcus Smith, Agalor, Barnett...LOL.

Ken

Reaction score

2014 Marcus smith - BUST
2018 No Pick
2020 Jalen Reagor - BUST

*Even that 1 year he was extremely overated (as i pointed out all year) and his teammates hated him.