Twitter: Eagles Trade For Gardner-Johnson

ICP

Reaction score
I don’t think Philly is a serious contender for a SB either. But frankly, I am not sure we are either. So the belief that we can’t lose the division to them is bizarre.

And Reddick is way better than you seemingly give credit. He gives Philly a legit edge player.
I totally agree. On paper, at least to me Philly looks like an improved team. Dallas, again to my eye, looks like a team that has less depth especially on the offensive side of the ball, and less talent than they had last year. I suppose we will have to wait and see how this year's draft class pans out but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they lost the division to Philly and even manage a losing record in the process.

As far as being a SB contender even with a 12-5 record last year we showed that we weren't even close with that pathetic playoff showing

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There's no proven way to do it, or else every team would do it. It's not easy to win a SB no matter what you do. The Eagles did this crap back in 2017 and it worked. The idea is to at least put the effort into it. They had a good draft and now they're picking up players. How well those players do is up in the air. We don't know. I also wouldn't consider AJ Brown past his prime.

Today's Cowboys wouldn't have picked up Charles Haley. Wouldn't have signed T.O. or Deion. The Cowboys don't put in the effort to win it all. So it isn't going to happen. If anything can be said, it's that the Cowboys method is a proven method to stay away from Super Bowls. But stay somewhat in the mix.
There's no "proven" way to do it but there is a blueprint. And the Cowboys nor the Eagles are following it.

Blueprint is simple. Draft well, develop players and then fill out roster with free agents at reasonable deals and game changers. Eagles don't draft well especially in the 1st round.

Rams went away from the blueprint and it worked for them.

AJ Brown isn't past his prime. I forgot they traded for him. I wouldn't have traded for him but he's a talent without a doubt.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Yeah, the Eagles had one weakness on defense and it was Safety. So they went out and got one. They are going all in to win a Super Bowl this year. Their defense is going to be tough.
You are saying the eagles D that we scored 100 in 2 games are a legit Super Bowl team…they did all that in one offseason? Wow. Impressive.

Creeper

Reaction score
You are saying the eagles D that we scored 100 in 2 games are a legit Super Bowl team…they did all that in one offseason? Wow. Impressive.

Did you know that the Eagles averaged less yards per game last year than Dallas (328 to 358)? The Eagles averaged less yards allowed rushing and passing than Dallas. And that includes the beating their practice squad players took from Dallas the last game of the season.

The Cowboys themselves gave up 473 points in 2020 and in 1 year reduced that to 358. The Eagles have added talent to their defense at CB and S. They are getting Brandon graham back and added depth at DT. I think they will b e much improved over last year.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
How Gardner-Johnson performs for the Eagles is anybody's guess as he could excel or he could fail.

That said, with the Eagles receiving Gardner-Johnson and the Saints 2025 7th round draft pick for a 2023 5th round pick and a 2024 6th round pick, at least on paper, is a good trade for Philly.

With Gardner-Johnson Philly adds a 24 year old safety (25 in December) with 3 years experience and a career stat track of: 161 tackles 15 TFL's 12 QB hits 1 FF 1 FR 5 INT's

While more of an in the box safety, he has shown the ability to get to the QB and behind the line which adds to the Eagles growing defensive youth movement of DT Jordan Davis and LB Nakobe Dean. Adding veterans like Edge rusher Reddick and CB Bradberry makes the Eagles potentially dangerous.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
There's no "proven" way to do it but there is a blueprint. And the Cowboys nor the Eagles are following it.

Blueprint is simple. Draft well, develop players and then fill out roster with free agents at reasonable deals and game changers. Eagles don't draft well especially in the 1st round.

Rams went away from the blueprint and it worked for them.

AJ Brown isn't past his prime. I forgot they traded for him. I wouldn't have traded for him but he's a talent without a doubt.

Adding DT Jordan Davis and LB Nakobe Dean, at least on paper, are great additions for Philly and one could argue they may have the type of impact on the Eagles defense much like Micah Parsons had for Dallas.....let's hope not for Dallas' sake but there is no denying the Eagles improved that defense quite a bit this off-season.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Adding DT Jordan Davis and LB Nakobe Dean, at least on paper, are great additions for Philly and one could argue they may have the type of impact on the Eagles defense much like Micah Parsons had for Dallas.....let's hope not for Dallas' sake but there is no denying the Eagles improved that defense quite a bit this off-season.
I'm not that impressed with Dean based on what I have seen. On the other hand, Davis one on one pushed everyone around I saw. Biadasz better eat his Wheaties when we play the Eagles.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t think you have to worry about that. They may be a problem in future years but both will not be ready by next year. They can contribute now but on Parsons level?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Neither one of those players can get after the QB anything close to the way Parsons does… which is what makes Micah such a defense altering presence.

Davis is going to be primarily a (likely good) run stuffer and Dean is just a run and chase LB. Probably good players but that’s about it.

If Davis hits his ceiling he’ll be Snacks Harrison. If Dean hits his, he’ll be LaVonte David. Neither of which are close to Parsons.

Of course that is IF both players can reach their ceiling, which many players don’t.

Neither will ever approach Parsons, who’s ceiling is Lawrence Taylor.

Honestly, I like Davis and Dean some but they’re just not going to make that much of a difference.

Davis has had conditioning issues in the past, and if he’s not in tip-top shape, he’ll be a liability when offenses go up-tempo.

Dean is smallish and has had injury problems, but of the two, he is the one i’d like to have in my team the most. He’s very instinctive.

Plus, like @TheMarathonContinues mentioned, neither has played a snap in the NFL yet.

Last edited:

Them

Reaction score
..I understand the fans overall climate about how Dallas has treated any of the FA periods in the last few seasons for sure!....Slim to no pickenings as usual...Dallas's FO and HC did say in unison that for the last few years it was "Draft and Develop." Obviously, (as someone on this topic mentioned earlier,) they like their own guys! Evenually , if they continue to Draft well, they may have a fierce young team.... But in the meantime it's tighten your seatbelts, get your "cryin" towels out, and cross your fingers!

MmY78zd.jpg

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'll give you the Week 3 game when we scored 41, but you can't really be bragging about us dropping 51 on their practice squad defense with our starters in Week 18 can you?

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'll give you the Week 3 game when we scored 41, but you can't really be bragging about us dropping 51 on their practice squad defense with our starters in Week 18 can you?
I’m not being sarcastic if that what you think. I really don’t follow the off-season much anymore. So I’m sincere. If they did make their D into a legit a Super Bowl contender. I’m impressed.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I’m not being sarcastic if that what you think. I really don’t follow the off-season much anymore. So I’m sincere. If they did make their D into a legit a Super Bowl contender. I’m impressed.
We'll only know that when the season starts.

Maybe they're legit and maybe they're not.

That's the fun thing about sports. We'll find out.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Neither one of those players can get after the QB anything close to the way Parsons does… which is what makes Micah such a defense altering presence.

Davis is going to be primarily a (likely good) run stuffer and Dean is just a run and chase LB. Probably good players but that’s about it.

If Davis hits his ceiling he’ll be Snacks Harrison. If Dean hits his, he’ll be LaVonte David. Neither of which are close to Parsons.

Of course that is IF both players can reach their ceiling, which many players don’t.

Neither will ever approach Parsons, who’s ceiling is Lawrence Taylor.

Honestly, I like Davis and Dean some but they’re just not going to make that much of a difference.

Davis has had conditioning issues in the past, and if he’s not in tip-top shape, he’ll be a liability when offenses go up-tempo.

Dean is smallish and has had injury problems, but of the two, he is the one i’d like to have in my team the most. He’s very instinctive.

Plus, like @TheMarathonContinues mentioned, neither has played a snap in the NFL yet.

Right if we are giving rookies auto credit then our LT position should be fine..right?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
And just like that eagles get the picks they gave up right back after dealing raegor to the vikings
They have someone that knows what they're doing in charge.

I know it's the Eagles and we must hate them no matter what, but the fact that they're at least trying to build a contender should have every Cowboys fan furious at our FO.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Only someone that is worried about the Eagles would post this.

So....are you surprised that Cowboys fans would respond to an Eagles forum by stating that the Eagles suck? It's as natural for a Cowboys fan to say it as drinking water or a horse eating a carrot (which is delicious btw).