News: Eagles trade Jalen Raegor

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Our FO would likely have been able to get something better than a 5th if Stephen had not spoken publicly several times about Cooper not being in their plans. He could have at least kept a poker face and acted like he was still in their plans instead of acting like they were about to release him.

I’m well aware of Cooper’s drop in performance. I’ve posted about it several times. But if Jalen Reagor was enough for a 4th rounder, Cooper should have yielded better IMO.

And by the way- if our Cowboys win a SB I will be thrilled.
Look, if a team really wanted Cooper, they would have beat the offer from Cleveland, no matter if Stephen said he’s in their plans or not. Teams will pay for talent and it wouldn’t matter who said what.

If, say, Carolina wanted a WR and Cooper is a player that they valued as a great receiver, they aren’t going to sit there and let Cleveland get him for a 5th. They would offer a 4th if they thought Amari was that good. Of course they would. If they viewed Cooper as a player worth a first round pick, no way in hell they let him go to Cleveland for a 5th because Stephen said he wasn’t in their plans. It makes no sense.

If Carolina thinks he’s worth more than a 4th and they need a WR, why on Earth wouldn’t they offer the 4th? They would.

They wouldn’t sit there and say, “Cooper is a great receiver that is worth a first round pick, but we don’t want to give up a 4th because Stephen said he isn’t in their plans. He might cut Amari and then we can try to sign him. We will just have to hope that he wants to come to Carolina and not go somewhere else, because he’s a great receiver.”

No. If they think Cooper is worth that much and the best offer Dallas has is a 5th, then the team would offer a 4th, regardless what the heck Stephen says. Great WR’s are very valuable and if a team thought Cooper was worth that, they would have been falling over themselves to give a 4th for him rather than hope he might sign there as a free agent. If Amari was that good, the offer then would become a 3rd, and then a 2nd, and so forth.

Instead, what happened was teams saw the amount of his contract that they would have to pay, heard the whispers that he rarely practiced, and that football wasn’t that important to him. They all decided to pass on Cooper for better than a 5th round pick. A 5th was worth it to Cleveland, so they made the trade.

None of that was because of anything anyone said. It was because Cooper simply wasn’t worth anything more than that. His play and his baggage dictated what the Cowboys were able to get in a trade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Can y’all imagine if we passed up Dk Metcalf for Whiteside then trade him for nothing and the. draft Reagor over Jefferson then trade him for nothing? This place would riot. But instead, y’all envy Roseman lol.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Cooper was a desperation need signing that served a purpose for a while but went downhill from there.

Too bad that we didn't get more for him, but other teams had their chances to offer more but did not. o_O

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trying to recoup something for trash. How did he get more for that bum than we did for Cooper?

They have a smarter GM....... Howie Roseman is smarter than anyone we have in the FO. He knows the league inside and out. He doesn't just let guys languish on the roster waiting for them to play better. He moves on and is constantly churning the bottom of the roster. But what he really does well is put his ego aside , admit mistakes, and move on. It kills me b/c I hate Philly and have nothing but ill will toward the whole city. But you gotta give the guy his due.

They could have drafted Justin Jefferson instead of raegor. The guy has sucked. Howie , putting his ego aside b/c he's the one who made the mistake, saw the error and moved on.

Last edited:

J-man

Reaction score
He wasn't who they (or many) thought he was. Sure glad they passed on Justin Jefferson. Who BTW I was screaming to get here over any WR in the draft that year. (yes even over CD) I knew he was gonna be a beast and would have been a perfect fit here. :(

CWR

Reaction score
Cooper’s contract and reputation for not being the best locker room personality hurt his trade value.

Whatever, every single big time wr that gets traded ends up with a contract. Coop was never a bad locker room presence either. We just got robbed.

Flamma

Reaction score
Maybe. He doesn't run good routes and had a few balls bounce off of or go through his hands. He just looked lost. But it's a low-risk proposition, as you say.

Dropping what would have been a game winning TD didn't help his cause either. I think he also muffed a punt. He's got a lot to learn. We can never tell what direction a player like him will go. All depends on how much he wants it.

That said, the Eagles were smart in trading him. They basically got what they gave away in that trade for the DB. So it basically worked out that they got Chauncy Gardner for Raegor. In an indirect kind of way.

CWR

Reaction score
Look, if a team really wanted Cooper, they would have beat the offer from Cleveland, no matter if Stephen said he’s in their plans or not. Teams will pay for talent and it wouldn’t matter who said what.

If, say, Carolina wanted a WR and Cooper is a player that they valued as a great receiver, they aren’t going to sit there and let Cleveland get him for a 5th. They would offer a 4th if they thought Amari was that good. Of course they would. If they viewed Cooper as a player worth a first round pick, no way in hell they let him go to Cleveland for a 5th because Stephen said he wasn’t in their plans. It makes no sense.

If Carolina thinks he’s worth more than a 4th and they need a WR, why on Earth wouldn’t they offer the 4th? They would.

They wouldn’t sit there and say, “Cooper is a great receiver that is worth a first round pick, but we don’t want to give up a 4th because Stephen said he isn’t in their plans. He might cut Amari and then we can try to sign him. We will just have to hope that he wants to come to Carolina and not go somewhere else, because he’s a great receiver.”

No. If they think Cooper is worth that much and the best offer Dallas has is a 5th, then the team would offer a 4th, regardless what the heck Stephen says. Great WR’s are very valuable and if a team thought Cooper was worth that, they would have been falling over themselves to give a 4th for him rather than hope he might sign there as a free agent. If Amari was that good, the offer then would become a 3rd, and then a 2nd, and so forth.

Instead, what happened was teams saw the amount of his contract that they would have to pay, heard the whispers that he rarely practiced, and that football wasn’t that important to him. They all decided to pass on Cooper for better than a 5th round pick. A 5th was worth it to Cleveland, so they made the trade.

None of that was because of anything anyone said. It was because Cooper simply wasn’t worth anything more than that. His play and his baggage dictated what the Cowboys were able to get in a trade.

That's logical, but you assume they'd be aware in the first place. Which is to assume Jerry and Co did their due diligence. That's a bold assumption for a FO that advertised they were parting ways before hand.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lol. It's pretty bad when this makes the main board. Not like they traded someone of value. 10 days & counting till these nonsense topics won't be allowed on the man page!

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Cowboys are picking up better players as UFAs so stop ruing.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Can y’all imagine if we passed up Dk Metcalf for Whiteside then trade him for nothing and the. draft Reagor over Jefferson then trade him for nothing? This place would riot. But instead, y’all envy Roseman lol.
Well, well, well....

Fancy seeing you chatting it up in another Eagles thread....

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It's about the same compensation actually. Dallas got a 5th and a higher 6th for Cooper. Eagles getting a 7 and at best a future 4 (likely a 5th) for Reagor. I don't know how the draft pick value chart works but to me a 5 and a 6 are about the same as a 7 and a 4.

Except one is an accomplished receiver and the other is simply trying to shed the bust label.

The Eagles made out in this trade based on roughly the same value giving for Cooper.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Minny has the same issue that filthy did, 0 true NFL caliber QB. Reager wont do much here either. He has hands of stone. We get a 5th or whatever for a stud wr like Amari and THEY get what, a 4th? See the ineptitude in Dallas? Its clear as day.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
we already traded a first for Cooper, won exactly nothing with him, and then traded him for nothing yet you blindly applauded both stupid moves

go figure

Is that what you think I did? LOL...

blueblood70

Reaction score
One has a 20m a year salary and one does not. One has a reputation of quitting on two teams and one does not. Cooper might be better but trades do not exist in a vacuum.
22MIL :)) and hes been known for other things like his foot issue while he doesn't miss a lot of games he misses a lot of snaps, takes plays off, disappears stat wise.. also the 2 game issue lats tear,.,the fans kep posting nonesense, its apples to oranges on moving on from Reagor and cooper..not even in the same zip code..dream team here we come.

Let be clear, i guaranteed they tried to get more and couldn't thats how it works..they woild not have simply given up and they and time crunch ie his guaranteed money had a date coming quickly..they got what they could let it GO!

BTW let me get this straight they wasted first rounder, paid his salary, and they get credit for moving him, umm not here in Cowboys country,,they had some terrible drafts that what i see.they chose his fool over Jefferson..thats what i see the gM does a lot of moves but his bad ones balances it out..hes not that great..just because the mans out shopping and selling. doesn't mean hes comig out on top..you can do that all day in the stock market and still lose your arse!