Twitter: Eagles trading Ertz to AZ

Verdict

Reaction score
His point is if you expect to run into the likes of the giants and the Eagles in the playoffs, then this year will go a whole lot like the last 26. You’ve played 1 team so far you will see in the NFC playoffs, and it’s the one you couldn’t beat because they torched your corners
I think there are about 4 or 5 teams that could go to the SB from the NFC if things fall like they should. The Cowboys are one of those teams, whether you admit it or not. Your feelings on the matter do not really change the underlying facts.

The Cowboys have holes just as every team does. Injuries can be a factor for every team. None of us have a crystal ball. But based on what we have seen so far the Cowboys are legitimate contenders to go to the SB —with upside—barring injuries.

Your team, the Eagles, as currently constructed is not in the conversation as one of the contending teams. Right now the Eagles are a little bit of a dumpster fire with some bad contracts.

The Eagles will have some draft capital going into 2022 draft. That may help them if they draft well.

Right now, if I were an Eagles fan, I would not be very encouraged because:

1. Your team as currently comprised, sucks.
2. You do not seem to have a franchise QB on the roster. If you don’t have a QB you don’t have much of a chance to win.
3. Your team seems to be behind the 8 ball cap-wise.
4. The Cowboys team is currently your team’s daddy and with the Cowboys’ recent draft class could be your team’s daddy for the foreseeable future.

Just keeping it real brother. Take care and God Bless.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
they aren't conceding squat only in your mind..no fire sale is happening..

reality, move on.

11 games left 2-4 weak dvison..no way they are thinking its over..

You’re the one using the words “fire sale.” Trading away one player isn’t a fire sale but he was a key player for them on their offense and a security blanket for their QB. Hurts was terrible last night only completing 46% of his passes for 115 yards. He needs help or he’s going to fail. You really need to move on you responded to me and I gave you my opinion. We disagree and there’s no point in going any further.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Some here are saying Ertz's is an aging player as if he isn’t any good anymore. Tampa added five aging players to their roster and it helped them win a Super Bowl. Ertz will provide a lot for a good Cardinals team looking to make a championship run. He’ll definitely provide another weapon for Kyler Murray who’s having an MVP season.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
But they didn’t win…

and we’re not in tank mode just because we traded our backup TE. That’s overly hyperbolic, even for you

What will be the sign to recognize tanking? Benching Hurts for Flacco or Minshew? Or does the tanking officially begin with Hurts no longer running and relying on his passing?

Cox and Hargrove coming down with phantom injuries?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
No offense, but this statement is patently false. Jerry recently traded away a first round pick for Amari Cooper. We gave up a premium pick for Cooper AND re-signed him to a large contract. That was a very aggressive move by Jerry and Co. Much more aggressive move than this move we are discussing.
It was and it ended up being a very good move. The team was 3-4 and were fresh off an off-season where they didn't really replace Dez. Stephen famously said their research showed teams did not need a #1 WR. He was quickly proven dead wrong. This was a gun-to-their head move.

Over the last several years, the Cooper trade was the exception and not the rule.

End of the day, I feel this was a solid move by the Cardinals who feel good about their chances down the stretch. Ertz is a very good TE and pending free agent, and most importanly, fills a need for Arizona.

I like this Cowboys team's chances this year as well. My main hope, and the whole point of my post, is that the Cowboys will consider a move if it presents itself and not just rest on their laurels. If they can pick up a veteran interior OL or DL, I think it would really improve their chances of a Super Bowl run this year.

Verdict

Reaction score
Bucs barely beat the Eagles. Cowboys would wax them if they played again. People seem to overlook that the Cowboys didn't have Zack Martin that game. I think the Cowboys would be able to run the football better if he's in the lineup. Plus the Bucs have like 5 dbs hurt. Anthony Brown would upgrade the Bucs secondary at this point.
The strength of a team can ebb and flow over the course of a year. I think the Cowboys team today is a significantly better team than the team was on opening day. TB may be a bit less stout now than it was on opening day.

TB should be “all in” to win another SB this season. They will probably pay a premium, if necessary to fill a hole to get there.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I am not “sure” what the Chargers are. Their record indicates they are a pretty good team.
How much stock do you place in the words of Bill Parcells when he said, "you are what your record says you are"? I've taken that comment to heart. The Chargers are 4-1 and we are the team that gave them that 1 loss. I believe we could avenge the 1 loss we have this season if given the opportunity. Looking at our schedule ahead, the hard games don't look so hard as first perceived. KC is no longer the unbeatable monster they once were, the Raiders started out hot but that team is distracted with internal issues, the Saints lost to the dumpster fire giants so we definitely have a good chance of winning there. We have hung 40 burgers on 2 of our three divisional opponents so we only have one other divisional opponent that can keep us out of the playoffs...the WFT. Beat them and the division will be won. So considering playoff implications, we have one game that we really need to win, and that's when the Cardinals come to us on 2 Jan 2022. Win that, we will most likely be the 1 seed in the NFC playoffs. I feel good about our ability to get this done. One game at a time, I think this is our identity this year. This team has a different vibe about them this season. I believe.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
You never know. People were pretty high on this years QBs being drafted none of them have looked particularly good so far.

Arizona has got the most ridiculous receiving core and Maxx Williams is having a decent season at TE. Now you throw in Ertz.
Say what you want but Trevor Lawrence looks like the real deal. Remember he has zero offensive line talent and 2nd tier receivers. Give him some time and weapons and I think we will be comparing him to Herbert.

Verdict

Reaction score
Ertz is getting less targets because of Goedert who is now clearly their #1 TE. That's why eagles traded him.

Jarwin is not playing anywhere close to his contract. And 5M for a back up up TE is way way too much. He is not anywhere close to any calibur of player that u think he is. Getting rid of his contract and opening money to sign schultz who is clearly among the better TEs in the league would be a better move.

And Ertz is out performing and actually doubling jarwins output as a backup TE.
Jarwin is absolutely allergic to even trying to block. He is such a liability in that area that his value is almost zero in that area.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Say what you want but Trevor Lawrence looks like the real deal. Remember he has zero offensive line talent and 2nd tier receivers. Give him some time and weapons and I think we will be comparing him to Herbert.
Maybe if he gets traded to a better organization. Jacksonville will always be trash.

Verdict

Reaction score
How much stock do you place in the words of Bill Parcells when he said, "you are what your record says you are"? I've taken that comment to heart. The Chargers are 4-1 and we are the team that gave them that 1 loss. I believe we could avenge the 1 loss we have this season if given the opportunity. Looking at our schedule ahead, the hard games don't look so hard as first perceived. KC is no longer the unbeatable monster they once were, the Raiders started out hot but that team is distracted with internal issues, the Saints lost to the dumpster fire giants so we definitely have a good chance of winning there. We have hung 40 burgers on 2 of our three divisional opponents so we only have one other divisional opponent that can keep us out of the playoffs...the WFT. Beat them and the division will be won. So considering playoff implications, we have one game that we really need to win, and that's when the Cardinals come to us on 2 Jan 2022. Win that, we will most likely be the 1 seed in the NFC playoffs. I feel good about our ability to get this done. One game at a time, I think this is our identity this year. This team has a different vibe about them this season. I believe.
Record is an indicator of the strength of a team, but I think it can be misleading depending on who they have played. The more games played the more reliable record seems to be as an indicator (but injuries can override that as a barometer).

The Chargers seem to be a slightly better team than I thought they were when we played them. Herbert is playing better now than he was when we played them. He played about like I thought he would when we played them. I am not sure how much of that was our defense and how much of that is his team’s overall improvement.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I want to say this, at 0-5 Trevor Lawrence does not look like the real deal. I accept all the excuses you have made for him at face value. Time may reveal you are right about him but as of right now there is nothing saying he is the real deal. Just saying.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
I see this:

POST-6/1 TRADE

2021 Dead Cap: $11,665,000

2022 Dead Cap: $24,295,000

2021 Cap Savings: $1,075,000

I found this explanation of fletchers contract helpful. Start at 6:30 and it explains his restructure and cap hits. It's seems they aren't exactly what his contract states because of money pushed forward.

RonWashington

Reaction score
So for the “great” Ertz they get a 5th rounder and rookie 6th round CB who hasn’t played this year to add to the rubble that is the Eagle secondary. Quite a haul . Let this be a teachable moment , no one in the NFL is giving up first round picks for suspended or injured Cowboys .