Twitter: Eagles trading Ertz to AZ

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Ok but again your saying the defense is no better than it was in week 1...is that what your are saying?

Because they played 3 straight games against teams that are a combined 5-11? Yes, they looked much better when playing significantly less talented teams

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Because they played 3 straight games against teams that are a combined 5-11? Yes, they looked much better when playing significantly less talented teams

So the chargers have ALOT less talent than the Bucs? Again you can not have it both ways either we are talking about reality or opinion which is it?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So the chargers have ALOT less talent than the Bucs? Again you can not have it both ways either we are talking about reality or opinion which is it?

Reality. herbert threw for 340 against you and picked on Brown all day. I wouldn’t include that in the section that brown was improving

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Reality. herbert threw for 340 against you and picked on Brown all day. I wouldn’t include that in the section that brown was improving

i get what your trying to say...just say it..you dont think Dallas has a defense to compete come playoffs but you cant explain the turnovers and why teams are not scoring because they have alot of yards...Maybe thats because we built a team that can score 30+ and a defense that bends and get TO's but does not lose the game....you can say its the teams you played right up until you cant say it anymore....facts are they have giving up most of the yards and points while way ahead. Is the passing Defense the problem, could be but i sure hope teams keep having to throw it 40 times in games because that means we are winning.

Verdict

Reaction score
Not after looking at his contract! :omg:
He is an aging player approaching the end of his career. If I were the Eagles I would be looking to unload him. He will be “done” before they are relevant again.

What are his contract numbers?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
i get what your trying to say...just say it..you dont think Dallas has a defense to compete come playoffs but you cant explain the turnovers and why teams are not scoring because they have alot of yards...Maybe thats because we built a team that can score 30+ and a defense that bends and get TO's but does not lose the game....you can say its the teams you played right up until you cant say it anymore....facts are they have giving up most of the yards and points while way ahead. Is the passing Defense the problem, could be but i sure hope teams keep having to throw it 40 times in games because that means we are winning.

I like Dallas’s defense. I don’t like the depth of Dallas’s secondary vs the other teams in the playoffs this year. Not a lot of run centricity, they’re all teams that’ll be happy to throw for 450 yards

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ertz has not been a weapon this year and sorry but again my comments holds true NO TEAM , NONE ,ZERO is not having a fire sale after 6 games @2-4., all is not lost in 17 game seasons ..jeez people

ertz had only 18 catches for under 300 yards and Goddoert 15 for under 200

its easy to assume now goddert gets more targets, 30% more and they use their rbs to make up for it..Ertz was a weapon, hes no longer a weapon..that not the word for declining player..sure in moderation maybe AZ ca get more from him

Hurts is not playing bad, dudes started 10 games and showing improvement, im obviously not a fan of the eagles nor any player they have, not one, HOWEVER i saw them lose with bad call by 6 points last night..not all is lost nor are they thinking that way..this was a move they tried to make in the offseason and it just got done now..

the eagles issues are not using the run game more with their Rbs and need to get back to that better defense and take some pressure off hurts.its the coaching and play calls ive seen hurt them more then anythign.weve seen that here in 2019 down the stretch..

Teams don’t unload good players only 5 games in for draft picks when they’re having a good season. I’ve seen plenty of teams that were sinking during the season start trading off players looking ahead to next Aprils draft. The Cowboys traded Herschel Walker four games into the 89 season because they weren’t going anywhere and were looking for draft picks. If everyone in the division sucked like last season they might not have made the trade. Philly can see that we look like a 12 to 14 win team. Even at 2-4 they feel like they have no chance to win the division or get a wild-card spot.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
He need to shore up our CB, our 2nd rounder hasn't played anything and he is injured hopefully he is not made out of glass.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Teams don’t unload good players only 5 games in for draft picks when they’re having a good season. I’ve seen plenty of teams that were sinking during the season start trading off players looking ahead to next Aprils draft. The Cowboys traded Herschel Walker four games into the 89 season because they weren’t going anywhere and were looking for draft picks. If everyone in the division sucked like last season they might not have made the trade. Philly can see that we look like a 12 to 14 win team. Even at 2-4 they feel like they have no chance to win the division or get a wild-card spot.

you missed the part their plan form all offseason was to trade him but they couldn't get what they wanted, they decided to move now .season is far from over and 12 wins when i happen it happens, yet it has NOT..

can they see what happened to us last year could easily happen again.,.,you all think this is a done deal..i say play term all we can chat afterwards.

.,.they aren't conceding anything he had 18 catches wasnt even a big contribnuter..it was a delayed move already in the works..this isnt madden where you hit auto complete a season and play the playoffs lol
.good lol 18 catches for well not great number of yards..

he simply was no longer in their plans..before the season , it simply happened now..

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I am happy for ertz, he gets to go to a better team, better city, and be in playoffs, and maybe a SB.
It is great for him.

Verdict

Reaction score
They made an aggressive move to get better.

Stephen has convinced you all that this is a bad thing.

Years of splashy moves where Jerry overpaid have given too many fans sticker shock. Whereas now, Stephen won't make a move unless he thinks the Cowboys are getting a discount. Both are awful approaches to roster building.
No offense, but this statement is patently false. Jerry recently traded away a first round pick for Amari Cooper. We gave up a premium pick for Cooper AND re-signed him to a large contract. That was a very aggressive move by Jerry and Co. Much more aggressive move than this move we are discussing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
you missed the part their plan form all offseason was to trade him but they couldn't get what they wanted, they decided to move now .season is far from over and 12 wins when i happen it happens, yet it has NOT..

can they see what happened to us last year could easily happen again.,.,you all think this is a done deal..i say play term all we can chat afterwards.

.,.they aren't conceding anything he had 18 catches wasnt even a big contribnuter..it was a delayed move already in the works..this isnt madden where you hit auto complete a season and play the playoffs lol
.good lol 18 catches for well not great number of yards..

he simply was no longer in their plans..before the season , it simply happened now..

I already addressed the part that they tried to move on from Ertz during the offseason. They were looking for a draft pick to help them this season. Moving on from him 5 games into this season isn’t going to help them this year. Dallas Goedert didn’t play last week. If he can’t stay healthy they’ll have nothing at TE. Hurts is struggling with consistency he needs weapons. Trading a good player during the season isn’t the type of move a team makes if they feel they have a good shot this year. You add weapons, you don’t trade them away if you’re trying to make a run.

This is what we did in 2018 going after Amari Cooper. We were 3-5 but it was obvious we were still playing for that season. Philly could be stockpiling draft picks in attempt to use some to move up for a QB if needed. Hurts has been up and down. He has potential but he misses a lot of throws you have to make in the NFL. Their coaches and front office could be losing confidence in him. He was terrible last night completing only 46% of his passes for 115 yards. Good luck improving him taking away one of his weapons.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I already addressed the part that they tried to move on from Ertz during the offseason. They were looking for a draft pick to help them this season. Moving on from him 5 games into this season isn’t going to help them this year. Dallas Goedert didn’t play last week. If he can’t stay healthy they’ll have nothing at TE. Hurts is struggling with consistency he needs weapons. Trading a good player during the season isn’t the type of move a team makes if they feel they have a good shot this year.

You add weapons, you don’t trade them away if you’re trying to make a run. This is what we did in 2018 going after Amari Cooper. We were 3-5 but it was obvious we were still playing for that season. Philly could be stockpiling draft picks in attempt to use some to move up for a QB if needed. Hurts has been up and down. He has potential but he misses a lot of throws you have to make in the NFL. Their coaches and front office could be losing confidence in him.
they aren't conceding squat only in your mind..no fire sale is happening..

reality, move on.

11 games left 2-4 weak dvison..no way they are thinking its over..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
No offense, but this statement is patently false. Jerry recently traded away a first round pick for Amari Cooper. We gave up a premium pick for Cooper AND re-signed him to a large contract. That was a very aggressive move by Jerry and Co. Much more aggressive move than this move we are discussing.
They also traded for DE Robert Quinn who had 11.5 sks and got them a comp pick when he left.