Twitter: Eagles trading Ertz to AZ

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
CB Gowan was a 6th round pick. Doesn’t appear he has any stats for this year. Guess he has yet to play. People said he was riding up on draft charts but he ended up going in the 6th round.

I think the remaining portion of Ertz’s salary is about $3M.

AZ lost for the year their TE Williams to injury last game. I guess the Cards had no depth at TE.

Had McKeon been on the PS, AZ would have poached him instead of trading in my opinion.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Looks like the Iggles on giving up on the season, while the Cardinals are trying to go as deep into the playoffs as they can, by giving Murray another weapon.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Looks like the Iggles on giving up on the season, while the Cardinals are trying to go as deep into the playoffs as they can, by giving Murray another weapon.

Ertz was basically the Eagles version of Jaylon Smith this year. Team didn’t want him any longer.

Had Ertz had a injury guarantee in his contract, no way any team was trading for him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Keep tell ya, this is all part of Howie Roseman 2022 plan........the guy I feel for is Hurts. They are using the kid as a placeholder this year knowing he has no shot as their future QB. IF I'm wrong. I'll eat my crow but I'm 100% confident they will acquire an elite vet QB ( Rogers, Wilson, Watson ) after the season. The problem with that is their roster has aged a bit.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
However, you feel about the wisdom of their moves, you have to admit their front office isn't afraid to make big, bold moves. They have evaluated the situation and decided they have to unload & restock. I think they are right.
That's why they've actually had success recently.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
CB Gowan was a 6th round pick. Doesn’t appear he has any stats for this year. Guess he has yet to play. People said he was riding up on draft charts but he ended up going in the 6th round.

I think the remaining portion of Ertz’s salary is about $3M.

AZ lost for the year their TE Williams to injury last game. I guess the Cards had no depth at TE.

Had McKeon been on the PS, AZ would have poached him instead of trading in my opinion.

I'd be glad to see McKeon get activated and maybe replace Jeremy Sprinkle, whom we could swap for a CB, perhaps?!

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Appears Philly is throwing in the towel on this season and is looking to rebuild. I believe they have three first round picks next April.

They've seen Dallas up close and personal and know they cannot catch them this year and so have begun their tank job. No other team will come out of the NFCE. Personally i think their QB and HC are also not a good fit, but don't tell them that. let them build their team with them.