Eagles tried to stop Cowboys and Lions from hosting Thanksgiving Day games

Fwed

Reaction score
Do we actually win at a higher rate the week following the Thanksgiving game than we do ordinarily?
I don’t know about thanksgiving specifically, but in general:
The researchers found that for teams playing against teams with more rest, winning percentages were four percent lower than when on normal rest. And with a big disparity in who’s getting rest (the Bills had 29 such games, while the Bengals had just 12), that’s an issue.
Maybe the NFL should do away with anything that could be considered a home field advantage? Would that help with the hurt feelings?
Not the sharpest knife in the block are you. Teams play equal number of home/road games. No advantage. Teams play div opponents one home one road.... no advantage.

Fwed

Reaction score
Right on, you got your one Super Bowl so you got more air time. Hopefully, it's another few generations before you sniff another one. I'm sure you hope the drought continues for the Cowboys. Division rivals and all...
Lol. I like our chances much more than yours over the next few years.

Fwed

Reaction score
I hate playing on Thanksgiving now. It used to provide us an advantage down the stretch but now we end up playing a second Thursday game the next week and don’t have the advantage we used to.

If the league is going to continue playing on Thursday I’m for abolishing our Thanksgiving Game.

I believe it’s now unfair we have to play 2 Thursdays games and back to back even worse.
I would eliminate the Thur game also. If they must, add a Saturday or Tuesday game. Thursday is just too far away from Sunday to implement a fair schedule easily

Fwed

Reaction score
The week before the Eagles visit Dallas, Jones should have the visiting locker room painted shocking pink. If it is cold out turn the heat down in the locker room, if it's hot...oops the a/c is out of commission. The Eagles are a classless organization...
Lol. Yea right. Self righteous cowboy morons getting upset that anyone would dare try to take away an unfair advantage.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Lol. I like our chances much more than yours over the next few years.
Of course you do. We'll just keep obsessing over your team here on a Cowboys board while you continue to hang out here, you know, not obsessing over our team.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I wish they succeeded. We have a rightful claim as cowboys, but I don't understand Detroit, and quite honestly it's led to many many thanksgivings of boring football.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The researchers found that for teams playing against teams with more rest, winning percentages were four percent lower than when on normal rest. And with a big disparity in who’s getting rest (the Bills had 29 such games, while the Bengals had just 12), that’s an issue.

Not the sharpest knife in the block are you. Teams play equal number of home/road games. No advantage. Teams play div opponents one home one road.... no advantage.

“More rest” isn’t the same thing. But I’d be into a link if you have one. That “more rest” data will be loaded with bye week data, which means several additional days to plan and heal. Even so, a lot of annecdotal data I’ve seen says the post-bye week advantage doesn’t affect winning percentage much at all.

The Thanksgiving Day mini bye is shorter, abbreviated by a holiday, and they try to offset it by having us travel in the lead up and week following where possible. I wasn’t able to easily find our winning percentage coming out of that bye, but it’d be interesting to see if there was any uptick at all.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score

Glad to see you're not obsessed with the Cowboys. LOL. Just keep on posting.
lol dumb troll
I know I shouldn't feed it. Just can't help myself. Just despise that team.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
If they change their name to Philadelphia Turkeys, I’m sure the NFL would give them a spot :cool:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Laugh all you want, but a built in home short week game (followed by a mini bye) is an unfair advantage Detroit and Dallas have. It should be rectified.

You realize this makes zero sense, given the fact that there are Thursday games played every week in the nfl now.

So Dallas and Detroit are not the only teams getting home Thursday games followed by mini bye weeks. There are teams getting that benefit every week now.

And as far as your crying about it being a guaranteed home game. There have been many season where the Sunday before the thanksgiving game, Dallas plays on the road, and their thanksgiving opponent plays at home.

So both teams are still stuck doing some traveling during the short window between the games. Dallas traveling home after the Sunday game and the opponent traveling to Dallas on thanksgiving.

This past year Dallas had to travel back to Texas from Atlanta on Sunday evening. The Commanders played at home Sunday. Then traveled to Dallas for the game......... some major cowboys advantage.......

Last edited:

Alweezy

Reaction score
People keep throwing in the comment, "everyone" had the same opportunity to take the game and didn't...

That's being extra. 1966 was a really long time ago.

But at this point, the game itself is a tradition bigger than the original concept and is part of the fabric of the league history and legacy. Just like Pittsburgh's Terrible Towel, The Bears GSH emblem, Lambeau Leap, the 12s, etc...

Thanksgiving is simply Detroit/Dallas. Detroit has hosted their game since the 30s. Ours since the 60s. The league making a 3rd game was a reasonable compromise.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Need to leave us alone. Nobody stood up when asked what teams wanted to play on Thanksgiving. Except for us. Now everybody wants some of the spot light or wants to make it harder on us. Like it’s not hard enough. GET OUT OF MY LZ...
:lmao:LMAO:lmao:

*and like our fellow Fan& compatriot @blueblood70 pointed out two posts above the one of yer's of which I've quoted,,, Half filled NFL stadiums ain't gonna FLY on nationally aired big day of
" THE GAMES" broadcasts

that whole currently ongoing & played off in the Leagues presented style in the silently stoic manner of a mere flesh wound,,,is fixing to morph into a ,,,er,,, visually frothing sucking chest wound,as the ongoing difficulty of " filling the seats" is going to become preposterously laughable here soon enough,,,,all the while, "they" proceed in stiff necked perfect featured prose, those manicured fingers of self imposed calling the rules as we roll fashion, with the convoluted self righteous haughtiness of the combined ships captains unholy mated offspring of the TITANIC & that Hazelwood WEASLE of EXXON VALDEZ,,, OOPS, oh, damn!!!,,, We be GOING DOWN! manning his post in this leagues wheelhouse.

Think I'm being gleefully vindictive in my hoped for pained wishes upon this insulated entity of a self-serving/ righteous ,circle of 32 pompous S.O.B's? ,,,HA, that old adage of
"The cure will kill you" is precisely what's required in keeping the U.S.S. N.F.L. afloato_O

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
:lmao:LMAO:lmao:

*and like our fellow Fan& compatriot @blueblood70 pointed out two posts above the one of yer's of which I've quoted,,, Half filled NFL stadiums ain't gonna FLY on nationally aired big day of
" THE GAMES" broadcasts

that whole currently ongoing & played off in the Leagues presented style in the silently stoic manner of a mere flesh wound,,,is fixing to morp into a ,,,er,,, visually frothing sucking chest wound,as the ongoing difficulty of " filling the seats" is going to become preposterously laughable here soon enough,,,,all the while "they" proceed in stiff necked perfect featured prose, those manicured fingers of self imposed calling the rules as we roll fashion, with the convoluted self righteous haughtiness of the combined ships captains unholy mated offspring from the TITANIC & that Hazelwood WEASLE of EXXON VALDEZ,,, OOPS, oh, damn!!!,,, We be GOING DOWN!

Think I'm being gleefully vindictive in my hoped for pained wishes upon this insulated entity of a self-serving/ righteous ,circle of 32 pompous S.O.B's ,,,HA, that old adage of
"The cure will kill you" is precisely what's required in keeping the U.S.S. N.F.L. afloato_O
I agree I think. Need a few more drinks first though. Love ya Melon.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
* this was supposed to be in attendance of the above posted reply,,, but thru the ensuing ongoing hilarity ( as described in above mentioned post) I'll just slide the addendum paper clipped rider in MELON fashion,,,:thumbup: