Eagles vs Bears Game Thread

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I suspect that rule will be addressed in off season and every coach should beat in guys head that any ball on the ground should be pounced in
Like I said though; they blew the whistle so soon, I don't think anyone had time to pounce on it anyway. I could be mistaken.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Like I said though; they blew the whistle so soon, I don't think anyone had time to pounce on it anyway. I could be mistaken.

That's what makes it asinine. What they're saying is if an Eagles player casually picked up the ball after the whistle had blown, they would have been able to rule it a catch, fumble and Eagle recovery. Never mind the fact that there's no way to know who may have been fighting for the ball if the whistle hasn't blown.

Whoever wrote that specific replay rule is an idiot. Either they change it, or you're going to have everybody pouncing on dead balls every play. You can't encourage players to stay active after the whistle.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's what makes it asinine. What they're saying is if an Eagles player casually picked up the ball after the whistle had blown, they would have been able to rule it a catch, fumble and Eagle recovery. Never mind the fact that there's no way to know who may have been fighting for the ball if the whistle hasn't blown.

Whoever wrote that specific replay rule is an idiot. Either they change it, or you're going to have everybody pouncing on dead balls every play. You can't encourage players to stay active after the whistle.
They said that? They would've given it up to whoever picked it up even after the whistle blew it dead???

ThaLakAttack

Reaction score
And anyone thinking this Eagles team can beat the Saints in New Orleans is a fool too.

I must be a fool, because I said the Eagles would beat the Bears, then beat the Saints, then the Cowboys will host the NFC Championship game against the Superbowl Champs!!! It don't get any better than that!! That's what we should hope for. Why do you want us to have to go to the Saints so bad for?
And I believe we have a better chance beating the Rams in LA than we do the Saints at home. But for some weird reason I feel that the Eagles are going to beat the Saints. The saintsare not as good as y'all think. We'd more than likely beat them too.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I must be a fool, because I said the Eagles would beat the Bears, then beat the Saints, then the Cowboys will host the NFC Championship game against the Superbowl Champs!!! It don't get any better than that!! That's what we should hope for. Why do you want us to have to go to the Saints so bad for?
And I believe we have a better chance beating the Rams in LA than we do the Saints at home. But for some weird reason I feel that the Eagles are going to beat the Saints. The saintsare not as good as y'all think. We'd more than likely beat them too.
The next task is the LA Rams. We beat them, we can think about the Saints or the Eagles.

Passepartout

Reaction score
It seems that the media wants to make the Eagles the Cinderella again of the Super Bowl. But only team that I can kind of see beating them is the Saints, even with Nick Foles.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'll take our D over the bears D, all day, every day. I'll take Dlaw over Mack as well. Where was the 100 million dollar man anyway? Did he play?

lukin2006

Reaction score
The coach of the Bears is worse than JG. The back was averaging 5 yards a carry at one point, and the Bears were using him sparingly and trusting that horrible QB trubisky.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That place is noisy, not sure if Dak could have handled that. LA sounds like a home game. But if we beat LA, we likely play in NO for the NFC Championship.

Agreed...………..The Coliseum is more like a Bowl game atmosphere anyways and is very open and spacious...……...very little crowd noise to have to deal with.

C42

Reaction score
What a game. Next week is gonna be tough **, it will take a miracle to get a W in that dome. I expect an L but it's been a solid season even making it this far with the injuries.

C42

Reaction score
The main flaw I see with the eagles, is they dont have a good power RB, they lost blount, and ajay , and have not
replaced them .
Sproles is too small and old, and smallwood is a bkup.
If I were eagles HC, I would sign a better RB now for the NO game.
Otherwise the no run game is going to get them beat.
Josh Adams is that power RB for us. I'm surprised we barely used him today but I don't think he woulda done much against this defense.

The Saints def is also great against the run. Idk if Adams is the best option against them either.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I can’t believe Chi lost it. Foles man...he’s something else,just always winning games he has no business winning.