Eagles vs Saints *** no Cowboys posts! ***

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I really think the Eagles have a conundrum on their hands moving forward.

Foles is a really smart player. So when he lobs his tee ball level pop fly passes, they are usually in the vicinity of a receiver. The horseshoe up his *** is an added benefit. Maybe he gets a call.

Wentz on the other hand can't read a defense, but throws a higher velocity ball with about the same chance for success.

But, the main thing I see with him that's causing his struggles post injury?

He's not a good player.

Aerolithe Lion, what say you?

If the rumor is true and the raiders really will give us 1’s for Foles, then that changes everything

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thats not correct , we weren't WC team , :rolleyes:
He didn’t say every team that lost in Divisional round was a Wild Card team, just that all of the WC teams lost.

There were 3 WC teams in the divisional round and they all lost.

landroverking

Reaction score
All four home teams won.
I really thought home teams would go 3-1.
Hope it was us that upset the apple cart.
Eagles fan got to be crushed.
Backing into the playoffs they thought the Sheagles were a team of destiny.
Lol. Not so easy after all.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I never trust the Saints and Chargers when it comes to the playoffs. No matter how good their teams are they always seem to find a way to spit the bit. The Chargers followed the plan. The Saints got lucky that the Eagles made a bigger gaff than they did.

mmohican29

Reaction score
If the rumor is true and the raiders really will give us 1’s for Foles, then that changes everything

Foles just picked up the Eli Manning virus that Joe Flacco caught a few years back. He ate too much gumbo and passed it finally in NO.

Now if some idiot team gives you a Rd 1 pick for that bum, I'd parlay that pick with another and get yourself a real QB.

The Eagles Dynasty is over. Hope you enjoyed it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Why would anyone do that though? Doesn’t Foles have a mutual option on 2019 that he can just opt out of? Unless he thinks a team would give him less than the $20MM PHI is in the hook for, of course he’d opt out to control his destiny and save his new team a high pick.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Why would anyone do that though? Doesn’t Foles have a mutual option on 2019 that he can just opt out of? Unless he thinks a team would give him less than the $20MM PHI is in the hook for, of course he’d opt out to control his destiny and save his new team a high pick.

I think it’s mutual because they both have to opt out

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I don't think Foles goes anywhere. He either retires or takes a paycut and finishes his career as the backup...which would actually be worse for Wentz because of all the pressure of having him there.

Foles already almost retired a few years ago so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd rather do that than play elsewhere.

Carson

Reaction score
If they want to start a go fundme to rid themselves of Jeffery, I will gladly take him in Dallas

Carson

Reaction score
I don't think Foles goes anywhere. He either retires or takes a paycut and finishes his career as the backup...which would actually be worse for Wentz because of all the pressure of having him there.

Foles already almost retired a few years ago so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd rather do that than play elsewhere.

There is a mutual option for 2019 in Foles' deal. The ball falls in the Eagles' court first. They have the right to extend Foles' contract through 2019 at the price of $20 million, which would become fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year.

I’d take my 20 million and stay where I’m at in Philly. But he likely signs and they trade him away.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it’s mutual because they both have to opt out

I understood that the Eagles has the first decision whether or not to use their option. And then Foles had the option to opt out after that. So it was basically a handcuff for him at the sub-$20MM price point (very smart). But since he’s getting more tha. The $20MM on the open market, I don’t think it’ll matter much.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a mutual option for 2019 in Foles' deal. The ball falls in the Eagles' court first. They have the right to extend Foles' contract through 2019 at the price of $20 million, which would become fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year.

I’d take my 20 million and stay where I’m at in Philly. But he likely signs and they trade him away.

Why stay though? Just to be a backup? He’ll be able to call his shot, and for a decent team.

I don’t think PHI can afford to have him as a $20MM backup this year anyway.