Eagles were never the threat

aikemirv

Reaction score
I'm not talking about last 4 or last 3 or nothing to make their record look better than what it really is. They have 7 losses. Including a 20 point *** whooping by the Cowboys. They've laid eggs most of the year. They have some decent wins but even bigger losses.
You just looking to argue today?

VABoyz

Reaction score
The fact that we are not wrapping up this division within the next two weeks is proof that any team behind us is a threat. the reason why there are so many arguments on this site is because every time people think the team is almighty they blow it! how many times can you say i cant believe that play call or cant believe that drop or flag or bad throw or blown coverage? then its i cant believe we lost to such and such.. the realization is that we're capable of losing the division just as much as winning it. this isnt a new tv show. just gotta hope for the best and the best aint guaranteed.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What happened to the ever popular qoute (of course if it fits agendas) "You are what your record says you are"...heard that alot over the last 10 years...when it fits agendas......

Shane612

Reaction score
I'm not talking about last 4 or last 3 or nothing to make their record look better than what it really is. They have 7 losses. Including a 20 point *** whooping by the Cowboys. They've laid eggs most of the year. They have some decent wins but even bigger losses.
I don't think the cows beat the beagle's by 20 again.
If the beagle are in the hunt, at the end of the year, it will be a close game....although Jalen Hunts was not impressive at all yesterday.

Proof

Reaction score
You can combine the rosters of the Eagles, Giants, and WFT & they still wouldn’t beat the Cowboys, and I’m not exaggerating whatsoever.

crazy that thinking about this hypothetical, I have no clue who I'd start at qb for them lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think the cows beat the beagle's by 20 again.
If the beagle are in the hunt, at the end of the year, it will be a close game....although Jalen Hunts was not impressive at all yesterday.
I mean its a divisional game. The standard isn't a 20 point beat down. I do expect the Cowboys to beat them like they have most years since Dak has been in the league. I just don't see what others have seen in them. They just scored 7 points against the Giants.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Not at all lol. I didn't think me saying the Eagles have been laying eggs most of the year would be a argument lol. Its factual lol. They've stunk.
I did not think me saying they laid an egg losing to the lowly Giants was incorrect since they went 3-1 over the past 4 and played pretty well spanking Denver right after they spanked us.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I did not think me saying they laid an egg losing to the lowly Giants was incorrect since they went 3-1 over the past 4 and played pretty well spanking Denver right after they spanked us.
Naw...its not incorrect. I never said you were wrong. I just added to your statement is all lol.

Shane612

Reaction score
I mean its a divisional game. The standard isn't a 20 point beat down. I do expect the Cowboys to beat them like they have most years since Dak has been in the league. I just don't see what others have seen in them. They just scored 7 points against the Giants.

How a team plays one week is not a good indication of how they'll play next week.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How a team plays one week is not a good indication of how they'll play next week.
You think so? I think its a good indication of how they'll play the next week. If you get a bad Jets team one week the chances of you getting a bad Jets team next week are pretty high.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Coming up on big time needed division game wins.. And I want to beat the cards and this Thursday saints game. Let’s kick it off by smoking a teams A$€..

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Been paying attention but they were 3-1 over the last 4 before yesterday while we were 1-2

But still were only 5-6 and I think they still were getting too much hype and praise for what their record was, as Fox did a segment warning the rest of the NFC East fanbase about how the Eagles were "back" and how they would win the division and might even compete for the Super Bowl. Even with them going 3-1, they still did it against bad teams. So, I don't know why some believed that they would be guaranteed to win out, just because their schedule looked easy on paper. Teams with actual winning records and who are contending for the playoffs, have all lost at least one game to an underdog team or team they were favored over to beat this season. So, between how underdog teams were playing and how hard it is for a team to sweep division opponents, I'm not sure why some believed the Eagles to be so vastly improved to the point if making it seem like it all of their remaining games were automatic locks and wins for them.

aikemirv

Reaction score
But still were only 5-6 and I think they still were getting too much hype and praise for what their record was, as Fox did a segment warning the rest of the NFC East fanbase about how the Eagles were "back" and how they would win the division and might even compete for the Super Bowl. Even with them going 3-1, they still did it against bad teams. So, I don't know why some believed that they would be guaranteed to win out, just because their schedule looked easy on paper. Teams with actual winning records and who are contending for the playoffs, have all lost at least one game to an underdog team or team they were favored over to beat this season. So, between how underdog teams were playing and how hard it is for a team to sweep division opponents, I'm not sure why some believed the Eagles to be so vastly improved to the point if making it seem like it all of their remaining games were automatic locks and wins for them.
Because when we start playing like crap everyone else looks better. I never thought we would collapse like this when we were 6-1 but here we are, opening up the race and the Eagles had the door wide open for them to get within 1 1/2 games and they laid the egg because the Giants absolutely suck.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The fact that we are not wrapping up this division within the next two weeks is proof that any team behind us is a threat. the reason why there are so many arguments on this site is because every time people think the team is almighty they blow it! how many times can you say i cant believe that play call or cant believe that drop or flag or bad throw or blown coverage? then its i cant believe we lost to such and such.. the realization is that we're capable of losing the division just as much as winning it. this isnt a new tv show. just gotta hope for the best and the best aint guaranteed.

Cowboys have to still take care of business, starting against the Saints on Thursday night. With that being said, some posters were making out the Eagles and WFT or even Giants to be threats to the Cowboys when Dallas is 7-4. but at the same time were building up Philly to be so vastly improved over the rest of the division, that they have them going 5-1 in the division for the rest of the way or assumed the Giants and Football team would just lay down and let the Eagles easily sweep them without putting up much of a fight.

If the Eagles can be seen as threats to the Cowboys, then the Giants and WFT could be seen as equal if not more threats to the Eagles, as was proven yesterday. The Cowboys have already 2 division wins, while the Eagles had 5 division games left to go and some were making it seem like the Eagles odds to win the division was now bigger than the Cowboys.