Earl Bostic Jr must be a priority because they guaranteed him $200k

stinkface

Reaction score
Seems like with expanded rosters and more games played the league would go back to drafting more players. At least expand it to 9 rounds.

conner01

Reaction score
And the extra money that can buy them when they enter the league won't even be noticed when it's time for a free-agent contract.
That’s true. But it gets you the”guy” you want with no cap impact it’s pretty smart considering the number of UDFA in the nfl, and while many aren’t stars, many are solid players who contribute at a very cheap price
Nearly a quarter of the players in the nfl were UDFA
Getting your picks of that pool is very valuable assuming you pick well

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like with expanded rosters and more games played the league would go back to drafting more players. At least expand it to 9 rounds.
Leave it at 7. Reward the teams that actually put in the hours and hours of work to find these players.

Reactions: CWR

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That’s true. But it gets you the”guy” you want with no cap impact it’s pretty smart considering the number of UDFA in the nfl, and while many aren’t stars, many are solid players who contribute at a very cheap price
Nearly a quarter of the players in the nfl were UDFA
Getting your picks of that pool is very valuable assuming you pick well
And we have done well with UDFAs for quite a while.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Armstrong has turned out okay, but I'd weary of any player that KU produces. That program is just awful at football and I am a KU alumni. I spent a good amount of time in Lawrence and I never once went to a football game because aside from 1 season I was there, they were terrible every year.
I always thought they always had good athletes. Just more raw players than some who've played their whole lives.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I always thought they always had good athletes. Just more raw players than some who've played their whole lives.
Maybe so, Aqib Talib came from there and maybe a WR or two that was serviceable, but I'm telling you that I wouldn't expect anything from that group.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Randy White started off on the OL. We know how that turned out
he was mistakenly moved to LB then finally DL LOL coaches back then with position flex and make bad decisions they got lucky worked out. yes, that was luck. they should have recognized his greatness on DL right away,