Earl Bostic Jr must be a priority because they guaranteed him $200k

Jumbo075

Reaction score
This guy must be a priority udfa because they guaranteed him 200,000. You don't see that too much

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Earl-Bostick-Jr-Dallas-Cowboys-UDFA-deal-209212157/

Then you see who his agent is. David Canter lol, tanks agent. This guy keeps killing the team lol
A Practice Squad player in 2023 makes $12K per week, which is $204K per year. The ONLY thing the Cowboys have guaranteed the player is that he will be on the Practice Squad the entire year. If another team claims him off the Cowboys practice squad, they inherit his $200K guarantee. This is similar to what they did with Ron Leary back in the day, who was guaranteed $300K his first year. He spent most of the year on the Practice Squad.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Mailata was 6-7, 385 when drafted.

Bostic is 6-6, 310.

The lack of experience is where they're similar.
Terron Armstead is who I thought of - 6'5 306 at the combine.

Obviously Armstead was a better player at the time of the draft, but similar athletic profile.

Carson

Reaction score
I remember a long time ago we have a UDFA a few hundred k to sign and we ended up cutting him anyway before the season started.
It happens quite a bit. The Eagles signed QB Carson Strong to a $20,000 signing bonus and $300,000 base guarantee. He was cut and didn’t even make their practice squad.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
JJ spends 200k on lunch.
I think if you go back most years and look at the UDFA that Dallas gave the highest bonus, it doesn't typically correlate with making the team.

Dallas typically does well with UDFA, so I'm not sure why their #1 bonus guy doesn't usually stick.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think if you go back most years and look at the UDFA that Dallas gave the highest bonus, it doesn't typically correlate with making the team.

Dallas typically does well with UDFA, so I'm not sure why their #1 bonus guy doesn't usually stick.
Remember Rico. He got a few million over some years to stick around on the PS.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

Earl Bostick​

6-6, 310 with long arms and quick feet.
Only 1 OT in this draft had a better 10-yard time.
Bostick: 1.68
Broderick Jones: 1.67

Technique if a mess because the was a TE his 1st two college seasons.
- Just needs to develop technique and get a little stronger.
Interesting. Hopefully we can work the same magic we used on Steele on this kid.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Hope Bostick sticks and becomes a force on the OL. I think they also may have hit on TJ Bass and switching him to LG. The guy was a LT for three seasons at Oregon. Read he played 968 pass blocking snaps and only allowed two sacks. Does well in pass and run blocking. So i am just as excited on what Bass might do.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks that way to me too.
Bostick played two years TE in HS, two years TE in college, and his final two years in college at OT.
Giggity!
I'm finally getting my legit TE/T short yardage blocking TE.
Randy White started off on the OL. We know how that turned out

manster4ever

Reaction score
200k is < 0.1% of the cap.
If we like a guy, spend it.
Damn straight....Larry Brown our DB that won a SB MVP was a 12th rounder...something like the 320th pick overall. Let that sink in. The fact they only have 7 rounds now is kinda crazy. There are absolutely UDFA's every year that can play and some will eventually start and make millions. Not many but some.

conner01

Reaction score
It’s really not that uncommon anymore especially with the expanded practice squad rules. He likely had a draftable grade and they know there’s a spot for him at least on the PS.
Dallas pats out more bonus money to UDFA than any team
It’s pretty smart because they don’t make enough even with bonus to effect the cap

conner01

Reaction score
Damn straight....Larry Brown our DB that won a SB MVP was a 12th rounder...something like the 320th pick overall. Let that sink in. The fact they only have 7 rounds now is kinda crazy. There are absolutely UDFA's every year that can play and some will eventually start and make millions. Not many but some.
As of 2022 UDFA accounted for 23% of players in nfl

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It's basically guaranteeing a practice squad position, that's how much they make.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dallas pats out more bonus money to UDFA than any team
It’s pretty smart because they don’t make enough even with bonus to effect the cap
And the extra money that can buy them when they enter the league won't even be noticed when it's time for a free-agent contract.