Twitter: Earl out here teasing us

Jipper

Reaction score
Two things are keeping this from happening. A second-round pick the Cowboys don't want to part with and an expiring contract on a guy who is holding out. I don't think any Tweets are gonna jump-start it. Honestly, it's getting a little annoying.

Str8 truth

LittleD

Reaction score
I don’t get why some think to think this is impossible. It’s unlikely, but it’s definitely a possibility.

I sure hope not...12+ million per year for a 29 year old declining safety... I wouldn't pay 12 million for any safety playing in the NFL today.
I hope the Cowboy FO is not listening to all the hype and keyboards on this website.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Were a mediocre talented to slightly below talented with a mediocre coach, we need some talent infusion. Otherwise 8-8 here we come, that being said the margin's of win and losses in the NFL are so small.
:facepalm:

This team is loaded with talent, across the board. They’re 21-10 over the past two seasons and only three players on the team are 30+ years old. The offensive line is the youngest in the league and probably the best in the league.

The team has probably the league’s best running back - and he’s 23, a great young secondary, an exciting young quarterback ... I could go on and on.

The team doesn’t need a talent infusion. The pieces are all there. What it needs is better game day coaching.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

This team is loaded with talent, across the board. They’re 21-10 over the past two seasons and only three players on the team are 30+ years old. The offensive line is the youngest in the league and probably the best in the league.

The team has probably the league’s best running back - and he’s 23, a great young secondary, an exciting young quarterback ... I could go on and on.

The team doesn’t need a talent infusion. The pieces are all there. What it needs is better game day coaching.

This! Love that last sentence and not holding my breath on that.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
this guy is getting paid just under 10 million and is "unhappy" because his team sucks and even though he is in major decline mode he is sitting out...not a great leader, no longer a good player, nothing but a whiner and cancer for a young locker room...stay away ET stay away

Dre11

Reaction score
Two things are keeping this from happening. A second-round pick the Cowboys don't want to part with and an expiring contract on a guy who is holding out. I don't think any Tweets are gonna jump-start it. Honestly, it's getting a little annoying.

Annoying? You act like it’s your money....lol How is it annoying for a player to show his desire to be on a team of his choice?

Dre11

Reaction score
This has the same feel as when Ray Lewis hinted at wanting to be a Cowboy so the Ravens would
sweeten their deal in negotiations.

I'm good either way. If it were me, I'd stick with the original 4th Rd we were willing to offer for Thomas.
If it happens, I think he's a type of player that teaches others. So, I don't mind the age factor.
If it doesn't happen, we have a talented young secondary that finally will be allowed to play more aggressively.

I’d give a 3rd, the likelihood of us getting a player in the 3rd next year that’s as good or better than him is 50/50.

Dre11

Reaction score
this guy is getting paid just under 10 million and is "unhappy" because his team sucks and even though he is in major decline mode he is sitting out...not a great leader, no longer a good player, nothing but a whiner and cancer for a young locker room...stay away ET stay away

Are you serious with this bs.....lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
Do you really believe the ball is moving at all on this?
yes I DO. EARL has 2 outstanding years left of elite football. Its worth a 3rd or 4th round pick. I would be extremely hesitant to send Seattle ANYTHING more than that in exchange however. That's probably why he's still a Seahawk. Seattle needs to lower their ridiculous asking price. The legion of boom has left the building except for he. I think he wants/needs a change of scenery. He see's whats going on in Seattle. That D aint gonna be any good,and he knows it.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Annoying? You act like it’s your money....lol How is it annoying for a player to show his desire to be on a team of his choice?
O think he means it's annoying to read 2-3 different threads a day on the boards here. I skim them but rarely put any stock in these type threads. I do get a bit of a kick out of the drama though.

Dre11

Reaction score
O think he means it's annoying to read 2-3 different threads a day on the boards here. I skim them but rarely put any stock in these type threads. I do get a bit of a kick out of the drama though.

That’s why were on the message board, when something pertaining to the Cowboys happens or is expressed,you share it. Otherwise, why come here?

Dre11

Reaction score

Why the team has talent, it’s not loaded, there’s question marks all through the secondary, linebackers.
Even though they’re young a high level veteran experienced player would be huge for the young players in the secondary.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Earl has played this all wrong and Seattle has the upper hand here. They would probably rather him sit out the season than join our secondary.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score

I agree with everything you said. But we’re not getting new coaches, so add more talent

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I sure hope not...12+ million per year for a 29 year old declining safety... I wouldn't pay 12 million for any safety playing in the NFL today.
I hope the Cowboy FO is not listening to all the hype and keyboards on this website.
:hammer:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Earl has played this all wrong and Seattle has the upper hand here. They would probably rather him sit out the season than join our secondary.

I'm curious as to how you think he should have played this?

And from my vantage point, it's been the Seahawks themselves who have played this all wrong.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How many times have we said similar things? All it takes is one hole to sink a ship as we saw last year when a failure to accurately evaluate back-up offensive linemen torpedoed the season. Such is the story of the Dallas cowboys in the Jones socks to jocks era. The off season plans are not made with a sober look at the team. Wishful thinking and crossed fingers take the place of prudence.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I would not be surprised to find out ET has an account here, considering he is as much of a fan of this team as the rest of us