Earl Thomas Carted off field with an air cast on his right leg **merged**

gmoney112

Reaction score
Predicting injuries is impossible.

He's still on my short list next year. That is probably the single biggest upgrade we could do on defense next year.

Pants

Reaction score
I guess he is gonna miss more practices now.

I hate to see any player get an injury (side nite: eifert, ugh); Thomas has attitude but we don’t know the full picture so I will give him a pass on the bow and finger.

Note: glad we didn’t make a deal (always thought it was way too much for him anyway)

erod

Reaction score
Best thing that could have happened to us is ET injury. Whether this year or next, we were going to move on him. But now his value is far less. The last 3 years he has played 11, 14 and now 4 games. And he'll be 30 next season. I just dont see us, or anyone, giving him the contract he wants. Perhaps a 1 year prove-it deal. Or a 3-year guaranteed deal at lower money. Either way, whatever contract Jerry once had in mind is now significantly lower. If we want to sign DLaw, Byron, Zeke, and (big maybe) Dak long-term, we need market value for ET to be lower. And now it is.
He broke a bone. They heal.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Beasly is a concern :) but you talk about TWill like he is a baller :laugh:

Haha, good point. I'm not trying to sound that way with TWill. The point of what I was saying was that we're going to probably be weaning out of the WRs we have now, so maybe it'd be worth seeing what WRs will be on the market with the cap space we're in line for.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
yea, that's true. Jj likes to gamble

Yes, he certainly does. Though, given his recent injury history, I don't think that he'll be commanding exactly a massive deal, so we could be able to get a more reasonable price for him that we would have before his injury. Only question is, how effective will he be after that injury?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Best thing that could have happened to us is ET injury. Whether this year or next, we were going to move on him. But now his value is far less. The last 3 years he has played 11, 14 and now 4 games. And he'll be 30 next season. I just dont see us, or anyone, giving him the contract he wants. Perhaps a 1 year prove-it deal. Or a 3-year guaranteed deal at lower money. Either way, whatever contract Jerry once had in mind is now significantly lower. If we want to sign DLaw, Byron, Zeke, and (big maybe) Dak long-term, we need market value for ET to be lower. And now it is.

We saved giving up the pick. Yay.

30 y/o coming off a serious injury. Sounds like a Cowboys Special. They should pick out his locker now.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Celebrating the injury of a man who will now have to accept less money despite playing at a consistent all pro level is pretty scummy
In my opinion, I honestly don't think this will drop his market that much. Had it been an acl or anything with ligament damage, then teams would get concerned, and his market would drop substantially. He will be able to return to his all pro form after the bone heals. A clean break in a bone with no displacement or ligament damage is really just a time consuming, semi major injury. I'm sure his agent knows this.

Last edited:

RamziD

Reaction score
Seattle made him the highest paid safety in the league and even kept him for the optional years of his contract.

They fined him because he didn't hold up his end of the contract. The ungrateful dude decided he wanted more than he had agreed to.

Players are the CEOs of their own companies...themselves. Just like a business, they will look for the best possible deals for themselves. Can’t hold them to another standard when the owners are constantly doing the same thing.