Earl Thomas Carted off field with an air cast on his right leg **merged**

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I doubt this helps ET's status for next year, it only adds to his injury history and the bird flip makes him look petulant. I think he'll get less on the open market now. As much as I wanted him a few weeks ago I wouldn't be willing to give him a long high dollar deal.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
In my opinion, I honestly don't think this will drop his market that much. Had it been an acl or anything with ligament damage, then teams would get concerned, and his market would drop substantially. He should be able to return to his all pro form after the bone heals. A clean break in a bone with no displacement or ligament damage is really just a time consuming, semi minor injury. I'm sure his agent knows this.
Yes he will have no lingering effects but teams will say well you've missed x games the past few seasons. It will definitely effect his money.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Yes he will have no lingering effects but teams will say well you've missed x games the past few seasons. It will definitely effect his money.
True. I see your point. And I also agree, no one should ever find solace in a player getting injured.

Last edited:

ksadler1

Reaction score
I wonder what the fine for the one finger wave is going to be? No way the commish is going to over look that...

AzorAhai

Reaction score
This is so moronic. Typical couch potato fan who think these players aren't human and see them as pawns. Cheering on an injury for multiple reasons. Typical classless sports fan. The whole "fall in line to my line of thinking or hopefully bad injuries happen". So ignorant and trashy.
He’s the same as all the other jealous idiots. I’m sure he has the usual repertoire in his vocabulary. He knew what he was signing. He’s making 10 million to play a game. I’d play for 100k.

I’m sure he would have no problem working on a salary that is outdated or being told after 2018 he was going to be fired, but due to his contract he has to show up, be happy and act like everything is good until then.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
In my opinion, I honestly don't think this will drop his market that much. Had it been an acl or anything with ligament damage, then teams would get concerned, and his market would drop substantially. He will be able to return to his all pro form after the bone heals. A clean break in a bone with no displacement or ligament damage is really just a time consuming, semi major injury. I'm sure his agent knows this.

Many people here don't understand that about bones.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He’s the same as all the other jealous idiots. I’m sure he has the usual repertoire in his vocabulary. He knew what he was signing. He’s making 10 million to play a game. I’d play for 100k.

I’m sure he would have no problem working on a salary that is outdated or being told after 2018 he was going to be fired, but due to his contract he has to show up, be happy and act like everything is good until then.
If you were one of the most talented men in the world at your job making your company billions a year you would do it for $100,000? No you wouldn't shut up.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Many people here don't understand that about bones.
True. Unfortunately, I have had 4 broken bones in my lifetime, all at different times. Left arm, right arm, pelvis and leg.

Actually, my bad, the pelvis and right arm were together, which occurred from a 3 story fall out of a tree, onto concrete. This happened when I was eight, and I went on to play baseball for four years, and then football for 3 years.

I definitely know when a cold front is moving in though. That's the only side effects, I have ever experienced. ;)

Last edited:

AzorAhai

Reaction score
if its just a broken bone then he will be back fairly quick- actually he could make it back for the playoffs if they make it and do not IR him.
There’s not a chance in hell he ever suits up for Seattle again, playoffs or not. He already showed up and played knowing this could happen. Now that his obligation is fulfilled he won’t put himself in that position again, playoffs or not, before FA.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
If you were one of the most talented men in the world at your job making your company billions a year you would do it for $100,000? No you wouldn't shut up.
I wasn’t talking about ET, which should have been quite clear. So either work on your reading comprehension or take your own advice.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
That's my bad thought u were talking about earl not the poster. sorry fam
No I’m 100% behind ET. I hate when people play with my money and that’s exactly what Seattle did to ET. Most of these claiming he’s wrong or Seattle wasn’t being shady are jealous and those are the typical phrases they shout off to defend it.

Jipper

Reaction score
Sorry to hear but at least now we know Jerry won't blow a 2nd round pick on a guy he can have off the street next year