News: Earl Thomas may not play?

Jipper

Reaction score
this is actually pretty comical at this point.....

USMarineVet

Reaction score
My first thought after reading the headline was Earl is clearly dissing the team for not trading him to us. Since you wouldn't trade me "to" the Cowboys, I'm not playing "against" the Cowboys. Fine me. Do whatever. I could be wrong but that was my first thought. It wouldn't be the professional thing to do, but who knows what's going on inside ET's head after this off-season?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
My first thought after reading the headline was Earl is clearly dissing the team for not trading him to us. Since you wouldn't trade me "to" the Cowboys, I'm not playing "against" the Cowboys. Fine me. Do whatever. I could be wrong but that was my first thought. It wouldn't be the professional thing to do, but who knows what's going on inside ET's head after this off-season?

I like everything you said, but the Cowboys' safety play has been very good. Kavon Frazier has been a beast and I'm not sure Xavier Woods is getting his starting spot back. And since Woods is a heck of a player himself and way younger than ET, the Cowboys just may decide to keep whatever pick they were going to send Seattle.

erod

Reaction score
As half this board quietly slides underneath the nearest rock....

We told you.

aria

Reaction score
What a loser. I swear, the more I hear about this guy the less I like him. So now he may be personally screwing over his teammates, sounds like a great guy. I’ll be curious to hear what the reasoning is but I’m almost to the point where I wouldn’t want him regardless. We’re doing fine without him.

erod

Reaction score
What a loser. I swear, the more I hear about this guy the less I like him. So now he may be personally screwing over his teammates, sounds like a great guy. I’ll be curious to hear what the reasoning is but I’m almost to the point where I wouldn’t want him regardless. We’re doing fine without him.
Seattle doesn't want to risk injury. This isn't just him. It's coordinated.

Hailmary

Reaction score
They’re resting him so he doesn’t get hurt since we’ve probably come to an agreement in a trade lol
That's my thinking. It's a very common practice in baseball. We hardly ever see it in the NFL, but only because in season trades are so rare.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Maybe the trade off is Beasley's mysterious ankle issue? lol

I wouldn't put it past these owners to play games like this.

No. Beasley is on the injury report. It's a legit issue; but I like how you think.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I love you guys. So predictable. Of course he's house shopping in Dallas. Is there a deadline on this trade thing? Please, can it come and go and end this!