Twitter: Earl Thomas officially holds out of camp for contract ext

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Which part? Not saying we’re going to make a trade for him. But someone will. I think SEA was playing chicken and lost. Remember, only a couple of weeks ago, Carroll said he expected ET at mandatory camp. Now that has changed. Why SEA would keep ET, knowing he wants big money, is now a distraction by holding out, and after letting all their big money veterans walk, is beyond me. They are hitting reset button. We’ll see.

More interested in what Martin does but yeah, you're right@ someone might make a play for him. Not the Cowboys IMHO

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Some questions to be asked

Is he old or is he young

Is he trending up or down

Is he expensive or cheap

Do we have to give up resources to get him

Is he hungry for a future deal or looking to get paid off

Reaction score
I think a lot of what yiure saying adds up and makes sense. I know one thing, the Seahawks brain trust has lied through their teeth about this whole thing from the beginning. And part of me is glad that it's now blowing up in their faces. You reap what you sow.

They tried to get greedy and it backfired on them. And now they're stuck.

At one time, I did believe that the Cowboys were interested and would get involved with a trade, but at this point I have serious doubts.

I don't think the team is eager to give up 2019 draft capital and then pay huge money on a new contract, especially not when the market for safeties is going way down, not up.

Yep. Whether us, or more likely another team, ET will be likely playing elsewhere.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

Is he old or is he young

Is he expensive or cheap

These have all been discussed to death, honestly.

1. Neither
2. Debateable. He was 2nd team all pro in 2017.
3. Expensive
4. Yes
5. See OP, this is likely his last chance at a big deal.

cern

Reaction score
Not surprised. It's always about the money. Let's see what Zack does.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Is he old or is he young

Is he expensive or cheap

In no way am I taking a shot at the Rotary Club, but.. Your questions bare a striking resemblance to the Rotary 4-way test.

And, BTW, you are spot-on

MyFairLady

Reaction score
These have all been discussed to death, honestly.

1. Neither
2. Debateable. He was 2nd team all pro in 2017.
3. Expensive
4. Yes
5. See OP, this is likely his last chance at a big deal.
IMHO he is defenitely old and definitely trending down at this point. Wrong way to build a team if you ask me.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys: Earl Thomas trade window still open
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/06/10/dallas-cowboys-earl-thomas-trade-window-open/

...That was made evident when Dallas reportedly floated the idea of trading the Seattle Seahawks their third round pick during the 2018 NFL Draft in April for All-Pro safety Earl Thomas. When the Cowboys did not hear back from Seattle, they used that selection to take Colorado State wide receiver Michael Gallup instead.

It was believed the Seahawks would have taken the Cowboys second round pick for Thomas, but Dallas believed Texas offensive lineman Connor Williams was a much more important acquisition for their roster.

Following the draft, the trade window for Thomas seemed all but closed. The 29-year old is scheduled to make a whopping $8.5 million this upcoming season and he is in the final year of his current deal in Seattle. There seemed to be no reason to think the Seahawks wouldn’t simply let the scenario play itself out and field themselves a six-time Pro Bowler for yet another season...

Reactions: BAT

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I’d give a 5th or wait till Seattle cuts/releases him, the ship has sailed on that 3rd we offered earlier.. This is Blue Label *****es.....

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Holding out to force a deal. Either he gets traded and gets it or he stays and gets it. Win win for him. Would love to have him here though.