Is he trending up or down

Is he expensive or cheap

Do we have to give up resources to get him

Is he hungry for a future deal or looking to get paid off
Is Racer X better than Speed
Is chim chim more loyal than Tricie

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
IMHO he is defenitely old and definitely trending down at this point. Wrong way to build a team if you ask me.
The only downfall in trading for him, is that it will come at a heavy cost. A person isnt old they just turned 29 last month, even athlete's... and he almost doubled his tackles last year from the previous two. He's trending up.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Are there actual "sources" within the Cowboys saying the trade window is still open for the team?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Woo hoo another ET thread....Heath being on the boat with Dak, Zeke, and the oline is all I needed to see.

If you think this is useless...why come on then, with a negative and glaring attitude?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He turned 29 a month ago and that means he is into his physical decline. He was a 4.4 guy but not a transcendent athlete to begin with.

I want no part of paying him $10m for years 30, 31, and 32 too which is what he wants. When you look at the age projection graphs it's not pretty.

pfr-aging-curve-for-nfl-defensive-players-safeties.png

CCBoy

Reaction score
He turned 29 a month ago and that means he is into his physical decline. He was a 4.4 guy but not a transcendent athlete to begin with.

I want no part of paying him $10m for years 30, 31, and 32 too which is what he wants. When you look at the age projection graphs it's not pretty.

pfr-aging-curve-for-nfl-defensive-players-safeties.png

If he is well conditioned and retains speed as did a Darrel Green, four more years would be very good investment...his bell curve hasn't rung yet.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If he is well conditioned and retains speed as did a Darrel Green, four more years would be very good investment...his bell curve hasn't rung yet.

Green was a transcendent athlete. I would be more comfortable if this were Berry but the reality is that if you are a 4.3 guy and you lose a step you are still a 4.4 guy. If you are a 4.49 guy -what ET ran at the combine- then you pushing 4.6.

Lose two steps and it is over.

I think it likely he plays well this year and maybe next but the bottom is going to fall out no matter how he conditions himself. Also bringing him in this year means he doesn't get to learn his teammates and DC although he would come in knowing Richard's scheme.

I'm not comfortable paying age a 10 figure salary.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He is coming here and will be a Cowboy. This news proves I'm right. I been stating he would hold out all along. I am not surprised even a little.This is a power play for ET and his agent to force there hand. Less than a month he will be wearing a Dallas Uni. You watch. He can be had RIGHT NOW for a 4th rounder and a player to be named. Otherwise,Seattle will have to cut him because no way are they going to extend him. THIS IS GETTING VERY INTERESTING.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Green was a transcendent athlete. I would be more comfortable if this were Berry but the reality is that if you are a 4.3 guy and you lose a step you are still a 4.4 guy. If you are a 4.49 guy -what ET ran at the combine- then you pushing 4.6.

Lose two steps and it is over.

I think it likely he plays well this year and maybe next but the bottom is going to fall out no matter how he conditions himself. Also bringing him in this year means he doesn't get to learn his teammates and DC although he would come in knowing Richard's scheme.

I'm not comfortable paying age a 10 figure salary.

Playing time can easily remain at the same point in the field, with conditioning and expert recognition...which he possesses.

Besides, age doesn't affect all athletes on a standard bell curve. That still has to be measured individually...and our scouts do their homework.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Seattle is faced with having to eat cap space and cut Thomas now, make him hold out and be a distraction during the year, or the most likely..trading him in order to get something back in return for him NOW. The last choice is what I expect to happen.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Were the Cowboys offering their 3rd round pick on draft day this year for Earl Thomas? I thought that may have been a rumor. I think I read that the Seahawks wanted the Cowboys' 2nd round pick but the Cowboys were not going to give it up since the OL they really wanted was available. Looks like in hindsight, Seattle should have taken the Cowboys' 3rd round pick if it was offered.

However, I am glad the trade was not made. I think Gallup might be a very good WR.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He won't be cheap. He is looking to cash in on one last huge contract. If he gets that here, it won't be long before people will pull a Dez on him.
definitely not hes trying to steal money IMO..he wants his big payday already in his twilight and starting to have injury questions.. hes got maybe 3 yrs left maybe one big ET type season in him..the thought of having him way far exceeds reality..hes not the old ET in his prime and not worth the contract he wants and the trade picks the seahawks would want..3 yrs ago I would have done this not now stop with the nonsense you think jerry and Stephen would give up a huge contract and draft picks for an ageing player..someone like Boston or two other left would be cheaper options with enough talent to pass ON ET..

wssaustin

Reaction score
Hey, E.T what about that "Come get me" comment?

ET and Seahawks screwing up each other.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If I'm Seattle I call his bluff. He's got over 8 million reasons to not sit out this season. As for "distraction", he's far less of a distraction if he's not there than he would be if he showed up and acted disgruntled at camp. As for the fans here getting butterflies in their stomach, you're kidding yourself if you think he won't pull something similar in Dallas a couple years into that four-year deal you want to give him.

But I learned long ago that our fan base loves a "talented" jerk from another team, especially if he played college ball in Texas. Have at it.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
they haven't paid martin yet or Lawrence why would they pay a almost thirty year old player that kind of money