Earl Thomas speaks

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I now believe the biggest holdup to this happening is spite. I simply don’t think Seattle wants to give ET what he wants after the whole “ come get me” episode and now him holding out. I think they would trade him and likely take a 3rd if any team but Dallas was offering it. I hope I’m wrong but I think Dallas is going to have to up the offer to a 2nd to get it done.

J12B

Reaction score
I now believe the biggest holdup to this happening is spite. I simply don’t think Seattle wants to give ET what he wants after the whole “ come get me” episode and now him holding out. I think they would trade him and likely take a 3rd if any team but Dallas was offering it. I hope I’m wrong but I think Dallas is going to have to up the offer to a 2nd to get it done.

I am totally against giving up a 2nd for ET. 49ers got a possible future franchise QB for a 2nd rounder.

ETs value should be a 4th rounder at best. If we give up anymore than that, I'd say Dallas got screwed.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I am totally against giving up a 2nd for ET. 49ers got a possible future franchise QB for a 2nd rounder.

ETs value should be a 4th rounder at best. If we give up anymore than that, I'd say Dallas got screwed.

I don’t think anyone would disagree. My point is that Seattle doesn’t want to give in and let ET go to Dallas. Fans of every other team hate Dallas and they will be crucified if they are seen as giving in and letting ET go to Dallas. They won’t care nearly as much if they ship him somewhere else. Because of this, they feel they have to get the 2nd from Dallas or no deal.

J12B

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone would disagree. My point is that Seattle doesn’t want to give in and let ET go to Dallas. Fans of every other team hate Dallas and they will be crucified if they are seen as giving in and letting ET go to Dallas. They won’t care nearly as much if they ship him somewhere else. Because of this, they feel they have to get the 2nd from Dallas or no deal.

Seattle is backed in a corner right now with Thomas. Thomas has been firm on holding out and I wouldn't be surprised if he does sit out games after that sting with running up to coach Garrett after last season's game, when Seattle was still in a race for the playoffs. Their front office has cleaned house and Thomas is the last piece of that LOB defense and even got rid of a good DL in Bennett this off-season. There's really no point in hanging onto him any longer.

It would be in their best interest to move on from him. They are in re-building mode.

I highly doubt the front office is factoring into the amount of hate mail they will receive from fans around the league for trading a player to Dallas when making decisions involving the future of their franchise. He either becomes a 2019 4th rounder or a 2020 3rd rounder (comp pick).

I'm hoping the front office has made an offer for a 4th rounder for him and they have until the day after the 2nd preseason game to decide. After then, I say the front office should just let him go and sign him in free agency if he works into their plans (personnel and cap wise).

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What Thomas did was completely disrespectful to the Seahawks. If I had any interest in him at all, and I really didn't, it was gone when I saw that.

They should play hard ball with him.

Jipper

Reaction score

I agree...people in favor of giving up a 2 are treating this like it's madfen...need those picks....

Give a 4th or worse which Seattle won't take bc they are getting st least that when he leaves as a compensatory pick