Earl Thomas visit with Texans put on hold

starfan1

Reaction score
You know I’m not one to say I know more than the staff cause I don’t but I have serious questions

Wilson and McGovern can’t see the field and HaHa was so bad he couldn’t beat out this garbage

something don’t smell right

CWR

Reaction score
Just give Donovan Wilson a shot. He can't be any worse than what we are lining up at the saftey spot right now. I know it was preseason last year but dude did have three interceptions.

Im for that as well. I'd love to see them do ANYTHING different lol

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I don’t care what he’s done. If he hasn’t murdered someone beaten a woman or stabbed someone with scissors we should have brought him in Sunday evening after watching Russell throw bomb after bomb over the heads of our onlooking secondary.

LOL, and the falcons QB. Technically if J. Jones does not drop the TD in the end zone there would not have been a need for an onside kick. He normally makes that catch 95% of the time. Our DB was beat on that throw too.

plymkr

Reaction score
That's not Earl Thomas. It never was Earl Thomas. Thomas is a free-lancer who makes plays, at least he used to make plays. Chancellor was the organizer.

One frustration the Ravens had - which can be found in multiple sources - was Earl not sticking with his assignments, taking chances and hurting the defense.
That would suck if he missed an assignment and a receiver was wide open for a touchdown. That's never going to happen with "our guys".

MaineBoy

Reaction score
You know I’m not one to say I know more than the staff cause I don’t but I have serious questions

Wilson and McGovern can’t see the field and HaHa was so bad he couldn’t beat out this garbage

something don’t smell right

I'm pretty sure you do know more...yup, my money is on you...

NotForLong

Reaction score
Woods had an awful game. Yeah I'd venture Earl can do better. Guess Im out on a limb in the zone.
No doubt he would, theres some underlying problem with Earl because no team has signed him

But even beyond Earl, our safties are horrendous. On that play there was only one man running deep and the saftey had no clue.

Earl would help but that may just be a desperate hope on my part . . . And as glaring a need as Saftey is demanding Earl could be just as catastrophic in long run.

Ala Dak . . . See what I did there Desperate for Dak even though catastrophic ending . . . Damn I always be H A T I N G. . . :muttley:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Only if ET is willing to make the price right will Dallas sign him.

Good luck with that. Not too likely, from the looks of things. :oops:

Looks like Earl Thomas could either alter his price or go away.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Interesting........

For those who are willing to take the time to read this account, there's starkly convincing evidence that Thomas isn't the type of teammate to enhance any team's chances of having a favorable locker room nor of necessarily improving the on-field results. Read it, if you will. It's well worth the time it takes to do so. It's also the most revealing account of ET's story I've yet read. Do yourself a favor, check it out and be sure to "continue" where it says to. :oops:

Last edited:

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
Full disclosure as a Hawks fan he was one of my favorite all time Seahawks. Without his play Seattle doesn’t have a Lombardi trophy and doesn’t go to back to back Super Bowls.

....that being said from an outsiders point of view there has to be “something more” to the story. It ended bad in Seattle, and ended bad in Baltimore. There are plenty of teams that need safety help, and even if he was just 70% of his prime teams would still jump to sign him.

Houston passed, Dallas passed many times. Seattle may need a safety down the road with injuries to that position, They’d pass. SF could use him, they passed.

I don’t think it’s a case of Dallas being cheap as you guys got enough cap room and have that glaring need. I wonder if there is a suspension of some sort looming that teams know about, or other wrong doings by him that haven’t been made public yet?

rags

Reaction score
The fact that a team can have him without giving up any players for him should tell you something.

Danger, Will Robinson!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Full disclosure as a Hawks fan he was one of my favorite all time Seahawks. Without his play Seattle doesn’t have a Lombardi trophy and doesn’t go to back to back Super Bowls.

....that being said from an outsiders point of view there has to be “something more” to the story. It ended bad in Seattle, and ended bad in Baltimore. There are plenty of teams that need safety help, and even if he was just 70% of his prime teams would still jump to sign him.

Houston passed, Dallas passed many times. Seattle may need a safety down the road with injuries to that position, They’d pass. SF could use him, they passed.

I don’t think it’s a case of Dallas being cheap as you guys got enough cap room and have that glaring need. I wonder if there is a suspension of some sort looming that teams know about, or other wrong doings by him that haven’t been made public yet?

I could see that.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
That's not Earl Thomas. It never was Earl Thomas. Thomas is a free-lancer who makes plays, at least he used to make plays. Chancellor was the organizer.

One frustration the Ravens had - which can be found in multiple sources - was Earl not sticking with his assignments, taking chances and hurting the defense.
The only problem I have with that is, Earl is gone in BMore but you seen way more busted coverage and what look to be freelancing Monday night against KC. I do think Earl set himself up for failure with the bizarre behavior and missing meetings. Maybe he was trying to force his way out of BMore who knows but one thing that's for sure you can't put their secondary miscues on him if they're still happening after he's gone. I have to call a spade a spade.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

It's too bad to see a guy with SO much talent have the end of his career have to go down a road like this too.